Pro Wrestling Only

UNIVERSAL WRESTLING FEDERATION (UWF)

kevinmcfl

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of big things happening but nothing bigger than that win and display by the Russian after beating Rhodes and The Rock & Roll who were riding high off beating the Warriors!

Lawler and Rich is one of my favorite wrestling feuds that I never get tired of, they are just natural enemies who always have bloody battles all over the south!

HIYxdeH.jpg?3

LAKE CHARLES, LOUISIANA

11/9/85

Hello again everybody. Welcome to UWF Wrestling, coming to you from the Sudduth Coliseum in Lake Charles, Louisiana. I am Jim Ross and my partner is Cowboy Bill Watts.

Before we even get started, the Koloffs come out and basically hijack the show with Ivan doing all the talking.

Ivan Koloff: I told you last week that da American Dream was no match for Nikita. How did you all like seeing the American Dream laying flat on his back in Jackson as the Russian Nightmare was stomping all over the American flag. Well dis week will be worse. Nikta and I are going to once again leave your American Dream and dat Hackson Duggan laying in a pool of blood in their match in da Lake Front Arena! Dat is not all! Vlad here is going to be the first ever Russian World Champ as he is facing da King, Jerry Lawler for the title. Vlad has never lost and Lawler will just be his next victim. The Russians will soon be in control as you weak Americans look on with big tears in your eyes!

Dusty Rhodes, Hacksaw Duggan and the King, Jerry Lawler can’t stand it anymore and hit the interview area where the fan favorites are some of the best at hyping up a match!

Ivan Koloff: Enough talking! If you think you have any chance and beating the superior Russians why wait till New Orleans and Nashville. Let’s see what little you guys have tonight. Russia will crush you right here on American TV if you dare. 6 Man tag match to shut you up once and for all.

Dusty, Hacksaw and Lawler can’t accept fast enough and Jim Ross can’t believe the main event we are going to see tonight!

MATCH

WENDELL COOLEY DEFEATS THE AVENGER WITH A SUPERKICK

COMMERCIAL

MATCH

KAMALA CRUSHES RICKY GIBSON WITH A UGANDAN SPLASH

Skandar Akbar: I understand that it is hard to accept that Devastation Inc. can’t be stopped but I am disgusted that the owner of the UWF would get involved in a title match just to make sure that the unstoppable force to my left, the Ugandan Giant, does not get the North American Title and then Watts stoops so low that he puts his hand on me, a mere wrestling manager to try and distract the incompetent refs in this organization so Dr. Death can retain his title. Show the video!

5YVeUYU.jpg?2

A video from Jackson, Mississippi shows an unprovoked attack by Watts on Akbar.

This video angers both Watts and Dr. Death who come out to confront Devastation Inc.

ShSo9nu.png?4

Cowboy Bill Watts: Akbar, I can’t stand you. You come to this country to take our money but don’t respect those that pay you. You know I came to the ring only after I watched you on numerous occasions get involved in the match. Well if you didn’t like me putting my hands on you in Jackson, you are going to hate New Orleans. That’s right folks, I can’t stand by any longer and watch this Arab degrade American. I am coming out of retirement and this week, in New Orleans, it will be myself and Dr. Death against Kamala and Skandar Akbar. Don’t like that Akbar, that’s fine. Quit! Don’t show up in New Orleans, I will fire you. I am warning you now, make sure you have some shorts under that dress of yours as I am going to whoop it right off you!

The fans erupt and Ross is really hyping up this mega show in New Orleans.

THE BRUSIE BROTHERS (PORKCHOP CASH& MAD DOG BOYD) DEFEAT BUD ALEXANDER & DIRTY DAN DENTON WITH A GIANT SPLASH BY BOYD ON DAVIS

With their high energy, brawling style and Soul Man entrance, the fans have really warmed up to the Bruise Brothers.

COMMERCIAL

The first sound of “Another One Bites the Dust” blares from the speakers and the crowd goes nuts. Nobody is as over as JYD in this area and his return has the fans jumping on the seats. Unless they were in Jackson this week, the fans have not seen Dog in over a month and feared that Mr. Wrestling II really did put him out of his misery.

MATCH

JYD DEFEATS KERRY BROWN WITH A BIG THUMP

Jim Ross informs the fans that last week in Jackson, Mr. Wrestling II had a match against Big Daddy Ritter and Big Daddy turned out to be JYD.

JYD: That’s right Jim. I have been at home for over a month now and was just sick to my stomach. Mr. Wrestling II, a man I called my friend, not only placed a bounty on my head but then used a loaded knee brace to break my jaw. As I sat home eating my supper through a straw I wondered why and then I saw on TV that the reason was I never asked Johnny Walker, aka Mr. Wrestling II his name. Well if that aint the pot calling the kettle black. Everyone in this business knows me by JYD but my mother didn’t name me after a dog! My real name is Sylvester Ritter! I went to Cowboy Bill Watts once my jaw was healed and had him sign a match against Wrestling II. I know that yellow bellied coward wouldn’t show up if he knew it was the dog so I had Watts use my real last name, Ritter. If Wrestling II was really a friend he would have known it was me! Jim, roll the tape!

We see the video from Jackson that showed a fired up Big Daddy Ritter take care of Mr. Wrestling II in less then 3 minutes with the end coming with a Big Tump!

MusOQ2Q.jpg

Dog is so pumped out and says that he is not going to do nothing cowardly like put a bounty on Wrestling II but he is going to take care of business and put him out of wrestling. He also says that he has not forgotten the actions of Shane Douglas, the little minion of II and that he is going to start taking a little out of his hide this week in a Dog Collar match in New Orleans.

MATCH

AUSTIN IDOL WITH RON FULLER DEFEATS TOMMY GILBERT WITH A FIGURE 4

After the match, we get a post-match interview which hypes up the hate that Idol has for Dundee and that this week in Nashville, he is going to show that “little people” don’t belong in a big man’s game. Idol gives us a little flex which he says is for all the ugly women here in Lake Charles as they have never seen a man as perfect as the Universal Heartthrob but it was obviously meant to try and intimidate Superstar Dundee.

COMMERCIAL

MAIN EVENT:

JERRY LAWLER, DUSTY RHODES & HACKSAW DUGGAN

VS

THE KOLOFFS (IVAN, NIKITA & VLAD)

Nothing to do about wrestling here as we get right to a full-fledged war from the opening bell. Each wrestler gets a little shine here. Hacksaw Duggan is on the short end of the stick of some dirty tactics by Ivan and Vlad and he does a good job of both selling and playing the face in peril. We get a tag to Lawler and we go completely wild as all 6 men hit the ring. In the end, we see Lawler hit a mid-rope fist drop on Vlad and he gets the 3 count as he followed it up with a piledriver. Jim Ross is hyping up the fact this is the first time Vlad has ever been pinned! All of this happened as Ivan was squared off with Duggan and Nikita with Dusty. All of a sudden, the mood went from elation to OMG as Nikita nearly took Dusty’s head off with another Russian sickle. While the favorites got the win, the fans wondered if Dusty has any chance to at stopping the Russian Nightmare. The show ended with Dusty flat on his face with Lawler and Duggan coming to his aid.

7CjyPln.jpg?1

Jim Ross: So long from Lake Charles.

Great setup for New Orleans. I like the USWA sort of deal you have going, but with Memphis/Mid South instead of Texas as the sister promotion. Lawler seemed kinda tweener for a bit there but he is definitely in the babyface camp now. Dusty is gonna have to find a way to do something about eating Russian sickles over and over again, that can't be healthy.

HIYxdeH.jpg?3

bKVU4CB.jpg?1

LAKE CHARLES, LOUISIANA

11/9/1985

Hello again everybody. Welcome to UWF Wrestling, coming to you from the Sudduth Coliseum in Lake Charles, Louisiana. I am Lance Russell and my partner today is Dave Brown. Let’s get right to the ring for our first match.

MATCH:

ROBERT FULLER DEFEATS DUKE MYERS WITH THE FULLER LEG LOCK!

In the post-match interview, we find out that this week in Nashville, it will be Robert Fuller vs Hacksaw Butch Reed for the United States Title. As Fuller is expressing his excitement for the match we here that awful sound! We Are… The Nation…. Of Domination and Ernie Ladd leads Hacksaw to the podium where they are laughing at the thought of Fuller winning the belt that is around Reed’s waist.

Lance Russell: Okay, that will be enough of that. Ernie Ladd and Hacksaw Reed, you shouldn’t even be out here right now. In fact, you have a match right now in the ring.

Ernie Ladd: That’s right. Just like this week in Nashville, we are about to see Hacksaw destroy some stupid wanna-be.

Lance Russell: okay Ladd, that will be enough of that. Get to the ring.

MATCH

HACKSAW BUTCH REED WITH ERNIE LADD DESTROYS ROY LEE WELCH WITH A GORILLA PRESS SLAM

The chaos began as Hacksaw continued to pummel Welch, who is the cousin of Robert Fuller, after the match had ended. Fuller came out like a house afire and for a minute or two, he was able to handle both Reed and Ladd but then the numbers game took over.

WHAM! Big Boot to the head of Fuller as Ladd was holding him up!

WHAM! Gorilla Press Slam on Fuller by Reed

WHAM! Spear by Reed and Fuller is in a world of hurt.

The crowd explodes as the cavalry of Jimmy Golden, Terry Tayler and Bill Dundee hit the ring. The Nation heads for the hills but Lance Russell wonders if the damage has already been done and if Fuller will even be able to make it to Nashville.

COMMERCIAL

MATCH:

THE DIRTY WHITE BOY DEFEATS DIXIE DYNAMITE AFTER RON FULLER TRIPPED UP DYMANMITE AND THE DWB HIT A BUCKSNORT BLASTER.

At the interview desk, Fuller and the DWB hype up the match with Jimmy Golden this week in Nashville.

DWB: You stupid fans here cheer for Jimmy Golden! Not the people of Bucksnort, Tennessee. Loser Golden. Dweeb Golden; that is more like it. When you mess up in Bucksnort, you say “opps I did a Golden. Well this week in Nashville, I will not do a Golden. I will crush a Golden. Jimmy Golden thinks he is the pride of Bucksnort well after this week, his mother won’t even admit she gave birth to him.

After, Fuller and the DWB walk off, Bullet Bob Armstrong comes out and he is white hot about the Midnight Express and Jim Cornette. He goes through how they hit his son with a fireball a few weeks ago and how this week they hit him with a tennis racket which caused the Southern Boys to lose the United States Tag Belts!

Lance interrupts and shows a video of what Bob is talking about and then he explains that he is sick to his stomach that he has to call the Midnight Express the champs after those tactics! Bob Armstrong continues on his rant and demands a match tonight with the Midnight Express right now!

Jim Cornette and the Midnight Express come out

Jim Cornette: Hey old man. Did I hear you right? You want a match right now against the greatest tag team in the World today? Well you got it. You vs Beautiful Bobby and Loverboy Dennis! This should be fun!

Lance Russell: I think he meant him and tag team partner.

Jim Cornette: Oh no. We all heard him. If he goes back on his worked, mother’s lawyers will have a field day suing his rear end.

Jerry Jarrett comes out and to his dismay, has to agree with Cornette and says Bob Armstrong must wrestle in a handicap match against the Midnight Express but that he is still in charge around here and if Armstrong happens to win, he will get a United States tag title match this week in Nashville with a partner of his choosing.

COMMERCIAL

MATCH

BOB ARMSTRONG VS THE MIDNIGHT EXPRESS WITH JIM CORNETTE

The Bullet does his best here but the numbers game just gets to him and it is all Midnight Express. Eaton and Condrey begin to taunt Armstrong after each move and for just a second became too cocky. Armstrong launched out at Beautiful Bobby who was laughing it up on the apron and caught him with a nice forearm knocking him to the floor. A split second later, Armstrong connected with a Georgia Jawbreaker on Loverboy Denis for the win. The Midnight Express regrouped but the Bullet had already high tailed it to the locker room as Lance and Dave Brown wonder who Armstrong has in mind for a tag team partner for the title match this week in Nashville! Dave Brown hopes it will be that Mr. R we see a few weeks ago.

MATCH

FARMER BOY IPO BEATS KERRY BROWN WITH A SAMOAN DROP

COMMERCIAL

MAIN EVENT

TOMMY RICH & BUDDY LANDELL WITH RON FULLER GO DOWNN IN DEFEAT TO TRACY SMOTHERS & MIKE GRAHAM

This upset was caused when Terry Taylor came out to ringside and seemed to distract the members of the Fuller Fab Ones and Tracy Smothers caught Tommy Rich in a roll up. This made Wildfire irate but all Terry Taylor did was smile at Rich. We find out here that Taylor got under the skin of Wildfire last week in Jonesboro, Arkansas and that their feud is heating up. Rich will attempt to get revenge as these two stars will be squaring off this week at the Tennessee State Fairgrounds in Nashville.

Lance Russell: So long from Lake Charles.

HIYxdeH.jpg?3

MAJOR UWF SHOWS FOR THE WEEK OF 11/9

NASHVILLES, TN- TENNESSEE STATE FAIRGROUNDS

Tracy Smothers defeats Kerry Brown with a Superkick. Smothers showed here that he can really mix it up if his opponent likes the rough stuff.

Buddy Landell and the Dirty White Boy with Ron Fuller beat Jimmy Golden and Roy Lee Welch as Landell used Fuller’s shot on Welch’s knee to his advantage and he locked in the Figure 4. Landell did his best “Now we go to school” impression of the master of the Figure 4, Ric Flair. After Welch was down, Landell helped DWB go after Golden and this ended with the DWD connecting with a Bucksnort Blaster. After that, the DWB proclaimed himself the King of Bucksnort which is also the hometown of Golden.

Austin Idol with Ron Fuller vs Bill Dundee ended in a double countout as the two just mauled at each other outside the ring. This war required the locker room to empty and separate the two.

Terry Taylor defeated Tommy “Wildfire” Rich and Ron Fuller after Rich turned to some questionable tactics with a foreign object and was caught by the ref. As he was arguing with the ref Taylor locked in the Crossface Chickenwing and had Wildfire in a bad way until Fuller came in with a Big Boot.

United States Title Match: Hacksaw Butch Reed defeated Robert Fuller with a Superplex. This occurred because Ernie Ladd got Fuller’s attention by trying to trip him which allowed Reed to gain the momentum

United States Tag Team Championship Match: Bob Armstrong and his mystery partner defeated the Midnight Express for the titles! The mystery partner turned out to be Ron Garvin and this was the first time he has been seen since the Midnight Express lite his face on fire with the fireball. Garvin was like a caged animal let loose and he was all over Eaton and Condrey. The end came when he intercepted Cornette’s tennis racket and actually threw it into the stands. He then clobbered Condrey and finished him off with the Garvin Stomp. Armstrong rushed in and hit a Georgia Jawbreaker on Eaton who was trying to make the save.

UFW WORLD TITLE MATCH: Jerry Lawler defeated Vlad “The Russian Hammer” as Uncle Ivan rushed in with the Russian chain and went after Lawler. This was due to Lawler about to hit a piledriver on Vlad which would have marked the first time Vlad has been pinned. The ref called for the bell and disqualified Vlad. Earlier in the match, Vlad connected with a Russian Hammer on Lawler and seemed to have the belt one but Lawler managed to get a foot on the rope.

NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA- LAKE FRONT ARENA

Wendell Cooley defeats Snake Brown in less than 2 minutes with the Oklahoma Stampede.

Konga the Barbarian with Skandar Akbar defeats Mike Graham with a Diving Clothesline

The Bruise Brothers defeated the Midnight Cowboys when Porkchop Cash hit a diving headbutt on Cowboy #1

Haku with Skandar Akbar defeated Farmer Boy Ipo with the Tongan Death Grip.

Dog Collar Match: JYD hits a Big Thump on Shane Douglas and then drags him around to the 4 corners of the ring for the victory. Mr. Wrestling II tried to come in after JYD but the Dog clocked him with the chain and left him lying flat on his back.

Cowboy Bill Watts & “Dr. Death” Steve Williams defeated Kamala and Skandar Akbar as Watts used Dr. Death’s finisher, the Oklahoma Stampede on Akbar. Kamala didn’t seem to get the tag team concept and never attempted to make the save. The chaos started after the match as Konga and Haku hit the ring. The numbers game took its toll on Williams and Watts and the fans were horrified as Williams took a number of Ugandan Splashes and Watts was locked in the Tongan Death Grip for so long that he was unconscious and left on a stretcher.

UWF WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: The Rock n Roll Express and the Road Warriors went to a 30 minute draw as the crowd was amazed at the tag team abilities of the Express. No matter how hard they were hit, they always managed to make the save. This was the worst beating that Morton and Gibson have ever taken but they managed to leave with their titles.

Dusty Rhodes & Hacksaw Duggan defeated Ivan & Nikita Koloff as Duggan speared Ivan for the win as Nikita was laying out Dusty on the other side of the ring with another Russian Sickle. While the fan favorites got the win, people are starting to wonder if Dusty would have any chance in a 1-1 match up with the Russian Nightmare.

I have a big appreciation for the growth of the UWF over the last couple of months. The addition of Nikita has been very good so far. I have said it for years... with a consistent roster, you have the ability to really put together a great product and that's what you're doing here. I think the draft will shake things up minority... but you have such a foundation... keep doing work man.

Ronnie Garvin getting his revenge on the MX was great. Nikita is so huge now. Dusty surviving 10 minutes alone with him would be a major feat. Watts doing a stretcher job is so Watts. I expect a fired up promo and a training montage before the eventual payback match now. :)

HIYxdeH.jpg?3

bpzCYEO.jpg?1

MONTGOMERY, ALABAMA

11/16/1985

Hello again everybody. Welcome to UWF Wrestling, coming to you from the Alabama State Fairgrounds in Montgomery, Alabama. I am Jim Ross and my partner is Boyd Pierce. Before we get to the ring, I want to remind you that we are less than two weeks away from the big one, Thanksgiving Thunder from the Mid-South Coliseum in Memphis, Tennessee.

MATCH

JYD & TERRY TAYLOR DEFEAT THE MIDNIGHT COWBOYS WITH A BIG THUMP BY JYD

At the interview desk, we find out that JYD got some measure of revenge as he took out Shane Douglas last week in New Orleans in a bloody dog collar match. We also find out that JYD will not be satisfied until he takes Mr. Wrestling II out of wrestling for placing that bounty on him but Wrestling II is such a coward that he wouldn’t dare get in the ring with the dog!

Mr. Wrestling II and Shane Douglas come out and Wrestling II wonders what JYD is talking about. He is right here and would never back down from such piece of garbage like JYD. Wrestling II goes on to say that if JYD wants a match how about at Thanksgiving Thunder! In fact, why don’t we put something important on the line. Career vs Career. That’s right JYD! You talk a good game but are you brave enough to put your livelihood on the line? I think you are anything but a JYD but more like a yellow- bellied dog!

JYD starts howling at the moon as he is so excited that he can barely get out his acceptance. The problem came as JYD turned towards his fans and Shane Douglas clobbered him from behind. Wrestling II and Douglas now attacked Taylor and the first segment ends with two fan favorites face down on the cement and Jim Ross wondering if JYD has made a smart decision putting his wrestling career on the line against the legend, Mr. Wrestling II.

COMMERCIAL

Paul Ellering begins by praising the American Dream as he thanks Dusty for giving it his all against the Russians and that this week, Animal and Hawk are going to take up the American cause as they are going to beat some Russian brains in as they take on Ivan and Nikita in Baton Rouge! Ellering as so lets us all know that his Legion of Doom is about to grow as he has added a new wrestler to his stable.

When Jim Ross asks who, Ellering lets him know that is someone who the UWF is familiar with but who has been away for a while but has gone through the ULTIMATE CHANGE!

MATCH

THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR WITH PAUL ELLERING DESTROYS RICKY GIBSON WITH A WARRIOR SMASH.

After the pin, the Warriors continued his dominance and roughed up Gibson some more before throwing him throw the ropes to the floor. Jim Ross can’t help but hype up the new aggressiveness of the Ultimate Warriors and that he seems much nastier sense we last saw him in the late spring.

Before our next match, Skandar Akbar is at the interview desk laughing it up about how the over the hill, Cowboy Bill Watts was taken out of the ring on a stretcher after Haku had him locked in the Tongan Death Grip. Jim Ross reminds Akbar that Dr. Death and Watts defeated him and Kamala in New Orleans and that Haku had no business being out at the ring and that his actions continue to disgust him and that he hopes Dr. Death gets a little revenge in our next match

MATCH

DR. DEATH & WENDELL COOLEY DEFEAT THE FACES OF FEAR WITH SKANDAR AKBAR

The Faces of the Fear had Wendell Cooley pretty much locked up here but all of a sudden the crowd exploded as Watts comes out with a Big Bull Rope and whips at Akbar who scurries off with Watts in pursuit. This distraction allowed Cooley to make the tag to Dr. Death who rushed the ring and nearly split Haku in half with a big football tackle for the win.

We find out later that it will be Dr. Death, Watts and Cooley vs The Faces of Fear and Kamala this week in Baton Rouge and if Watts’ team wins, he gets 5 minutes alone with Akbar but if Devastation Inc. wins, Akbar will get to choose who wrestlers Dr. Death for the North American Title at Thanksgiving Thunder.

COMMERCIAL

As we come out of break, we see Dusty Rhodes at the interview desk where Jim Ross informs us that Dusty and Hacksaw defeated Ivan and Nikita Koloff in New Orleans last week. This should have made the Dream happy but as we find out, he is getting sick and tired of the Koloffs acting like a three-headed monster and when you fight one you have to fight them all. Now Dusty turns up the interview like only Dusty can as we find out that this week it is going to be him and the undefeated Vlad Koloff in a cage to make sure that nobody else is going to get involved. He doesn’t care how but sooner or later he is going to get rid of the Koloffs one by one and if he has to fight each and everyone of them in a cage, the Dream is ready for it and America will rise up against the Koloffs.

Jim Ross also drops another bombshell that he is going to be without his Patriotic partner this week as the same night Dream faces Vlad in New Orleans, Hacksaw Jim Duggan has been granted a United States Title shot against Hacksaw Reed in the Mid-South Coliseum in Memphis! Hacksaw now gets going on the mic and has every one drooling over this title match.

MATCH

MIKE GRAHAM DEFEATS BILLY DAVIS WITH A FIGURE 4

COMMERCIAL

MATCH

CRIPPLER RIP OLIVER DEFEATS ROY LEE WELCH WITH A PILEDRIVER IN A NASTY HARD- FOUGHT BRAWL

When the match is over Skandar Akbar comes to the interview desk where he calls Rip Oliver over,

Skandar Akbar: Okay Rip. It is obvious that Devastation Inc. wants you as their newest member. I can bring you straight to the top and we can rule the UWF. I am not a man used to not getting what he wants and I am not a man who asks twice. We have had a few conversations but I would like to know if you want to officially join the greatest stable of wrestlers in the world today.

Rip Oliver: I am 265 pounds of sex appeal and I am ready to go to go right to the top! Akbar you are the man around here and I know that you and me together brother will get it done. I would sign with the devil to win that North American title and some say that I just did but I don’t care about anyone but myself anyway.

MAIN EVENT

VLAD & NIKITA DESTROY THE BRUISE BROTHERS AS NIKITA CONNECTED WITH A RUSSIAN SICKLE ON PORKCHOP CASH.

All three Koloffs head to the interview desk where Ivan takes control of the interview. He announces that when he and Nikita defeat the Road Warriors they will be the #1 contenders for the World Tag Team Titles and when Vlad finishes off Dusty in Memphis, this poor excuse for a country will be left with no Dream!

Jim Ross: Bah Gawd, I don’t think those Koloffs can be stopped but I know that the American Dream and the Road Warriors are going to give it their best shot this week in Baton Rouge, So long from Montgomery.

HIYxdeH.jpg?3

bKVU4CB.jpg?2

MONTGOMERY, ALABAMA

11/16/1985

Hello again everybody. Welcome to UWF Wrestling, coming to you from the Alabama State Fairgrounds in Montgomery, Alabama. I am Lance Russell and my partner today is Dave Brown and let’s get right to the video tape from this week in Nashville.

We see a video tape of the Bob Armstrong and his mystery partner who turned out to be none other than Ron Garvin defeat the Midnight Express with Jim Cornette for the United States tag team titles as Cornette’s tennis racket scheme backfired.

When the video is over the new champs are at the interview desk.

Bob Armstrong: Lance, you know what they say about payback. It’s a

Lance Russell: Now, now Bob. I know you are excited but this is a family show.

Ron Garvin: That’s right, it’s a family show Lance and don’t forget what Cornette did to Bob’s own son. Burnt his face so bad with a fireball he has been out of action for over a month. Same thing he did to me and when my brother went after the little weasel, he used his mommies lawyers to get my brother fired from the UWF. So you betcha Lance, winning these titles feels great and in less than two weeks in the Mid-South Coliseum and Thanksgiving Thunder we are going to prove this was no fluke!

Lance Russell: Well let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves. This week the UWF is returning to the great state of Georgia where we will be in Atlanta and you will be taking on two of the best in the business in Bruiser Brody and Stan Hansen.

Bob Armstrong: Lance, you are right. We are going to be in for the fight of our lives but fighting is just what the Bullet and Rugged Ron like to do!

MATCH

JIMMY GOLDEN DEEFEATS LARRY CHEATEM WITH THE BUCKSNORT DRIVER (PILEDRIVER)

As soon as the match is over Ron Fuller and the Dirty White Boy came out and get right in the face of Golden. It seems that these two have had a beef for a long time in Bucksnort, Tennessee and the Dirty White Boy has challenged Golden to a Bucksnort Street Fight at Thanksgiving Thunder. Golden accepts and the DWB and Fuller look at each and start grinning.

WHAM! Golden low blows Fuller and then hits DWB with his Bucksnort Driver. Fuller and DWB are left in the center of the ring as the crowd cheers Golden. Golden might be a fan favorite right now but Fuller and the DWB were just reminded that he is nastier than an ornery rattlesnake.

COMMERCIAL

When we come out of break we find Jerry “the King” Lawler in full royal garb along with Superstar Dundee at the interview desk. We first find out that Lawler almost became the first person to pin Vlad Koloff last week but Uncle Ivan came in and caused a DQ with his Russian chain.

Jerry Lawler: That’s right Lance. As I heard Dusty Rhodes say on Power Pro that he is getting sick and tired of these Koloffs always using the numbers game to their advantage. Well so am I. Uncle Ivan is going to go on bragging about how Nikita and Vlad have never been pinned or submitted! Well that is because when they are about to go down , they get DQ on purpose.

All of a sudden, a recovered Ron Fuller comes out with and Buddy Landell.

Buddy Landell: Whoooo! Enough about the Koloffs. You have less than a week before I take you to school and lock in the Figure 4 and you start crying in agony. I am going jet setting to Atlanta and coming back to Memphis with the title. Whoooooo! The party we are going to have down on Beale Street.

Jerry Lawler: Listen up punk! I am getting real sick of this Ric Flair gimmick you got going on. I know Ric and you are no Ric Flair. Another thing that you are not….. championship material. I am going to Atlanta as a champ and coming back to Memphis a King!

Buddy Landell: The only way you come back as the champion is if you own the refs in Atlanta like you do in here in Memphis.

Jerry Lawler: Okay, I am getting sick of this. Bockwinkle started it and now I am listening to this bottled blonde think I need the refs help to beat him. How about this! You two vs us two tonight and the winner gets their partner as the special guest referee in Atlanta for the World Title .

Landell and Fuller accept but Dundee seems surprised. He is heard mumbling about how come Lawler didn’t come help him when he was attacked by Rich and Idol in Nashville but he has to be ready to help the Kingfish whenever he says jump!

MATCH

TRACY SMOTHERS & MIKE GRAHAM BEAT THE MARTINEZ BROTHERS WITH A SUPERKICK BY SMOTHERS ON HECTOR.

COMMERCIAL

WE ARE…. THE NATION…. OF DOMINATION is playing as Ernie Ladd leads the United States champion, Hacksaw Butch Reed, to the interview desk where they are both sick and tired of the UWF making him fight these unqualified challengers that he crushes in just a couple of minutes. Reed starts challenging the entire locker room and says he doesn’t think anyone can survive 10 minutes in the ring with him! Reed goes to the ring to wait and see if anyone accepts his challenge.

As Hacksaw Reed and Ladd wait in the ring the crowd explodes

MATCH

HACKSAW BUTCH REED WITH ERNIE LADD VS HACKSAW JIM DUGGAN

The match goes the full 10 minutes and Duggan was able to stand toe to toe with Reed. He even outsmarted Ladd who tried to give him a Big Boot but Duggan ducked under it and then caught him with a football tackle. As time expired, Duggan was in control and begged for 5 more minutes but Reed refused. This brought out Jerry Jarrett who said there will not be five more minutes tonight but there will be 30 more in Atlanta as Duggan showed he not only can last 10 minutes with the United States Champion but he just might leave Atlanta as the champion.

COMMERCIAL

MATCH

TOMMY “WILDFIRE” RICH & AUSTIN IDOL WITH RON FULLER VS DIXIE DYNAMITE & TOMMY GILBERT

We find out that this is just a tune up for Fuller’s Fab Ones as they have been granted a World Title shot this week in Atlanta against the Rock n Roll Express. The Fab Ones use plenty of questionable tactics here but come out on top after a Lou Thesz Press by Rich along with a hand full of tights on Gilbert. The problem was that they then made an example of their opponents as they continue the attack long after the bell.

This brought out the Rock n Roll Express where two double dropkick follow a wild brawl and leave the completely over the top Express in charge of the ring! Lance can’t wait to see Morton and Gibson due that to the Fuller Fab Ones in a real match in Atlanta.

COMMERCIAL

MAIN EVENT

JERRY “THE KING” LAWLER & SUPERSTAR DUNDEE VS RON FULLER & BUDDY LANDELL

(WINNIING TEAM’S PARTNER WILL BE THE REF IN THE UWF WORLD TITLE SHOT BETWEEN LAWLER & LANDELL IN ATLANTA)

Lawler and Dundee got the win after Lawler hit a middle rope fist drop on Fuller but it was not smooth sailing for Lawler and Dundee. At one point, Dundee was holding Landell and Lawler went to clock him but Landell moved and Lawler clocked Dundee. Dundee actually went back at Lawler but cooler heads prevailed. For the win, Lawler is “rewarded” with Dundee as the Special Referee for his World Title Match against Landell in Atlanta. Lance Russell and Dave Brown wonder if this is the best thing for Lawler as he in Dundee seem to be on the outs again.

Lance Russell: So long from Montgomery.

TgMwVvn.jpg?1

MAJOR UWF SHOWS FOR THE WEEK OF 11/16

ATLANTA, GEORGIA- THE OMNI

(REASON FOR 4 TITLES MATCHES: FIRST TIME UWF HAS EVER CROSSED INTO GEORGIA AND WANTS A BIG HIT)

Dixie Dynamite defeats Tommy Gilbert with a top rope dropkick.

The Midnight Express with Jim Cornette defeats Mike Graham & Tracy Smothers as Cornette clocked Graham with the Tennis Racket shot to the back and Beautiful Bobby followed it up with an Alabama Jammer!

Robert Fuller beat The Dirty White Boy by DQ as Ron Fuller attacked his brother. The DWB left Robert lying in the middle of the ring with the Bucksnort Blaster.

UNITED STATES TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: The champs, Ron Garvin and Bob Armstrong won an all-out brawl with Bruiser Brody and Stan Hansen as Garvin followed up his big right hand with a Garvin Stomp on Brody. The Bullet and Hansen were fighting it out all over the arena at the time.

UNITED STATES TITLE MATCH: The challenger, Hacksaw Duggan defeats Hacksaw Reed by DQ as Ernie Ladd came in and connected with a Big Boot to Duggan.

UWF WORLD TITLE MATCH: The Rock n Roll Express defeated Tommy Rich & Austin Idol with Ron Fuller as Idol was caught with a double dropkick after Morton played the face in peril and made as amazing tag to Gibson who came in like a house afire and knocked Wildfire out onto the arena floor.

UWF WORLD TITLE MATCH: Jerry “The King” Lawler defeated Buddy Landell with Superstar Dundee as the Special Referee. Dundee actually seemed to call this down the middle but many say he slow counted the ending giving Landell every chance to kick out after a Lawler piledriver.

BATON ROUGE- RIVERFRONT CENTROPLEX

The Ultimate Warrior with Paul Ellering defeats Mad Dog Boyd with a Warrior Smash

Crippler Rip Oliver with Skandar Akbar defeats Porkchop Cash with a piledriver

JYD & Terry Taylor beat Mr. Wrestling II & Shane Douglas as JYD hit a Big Thump on Douglas. It looked like Wrestling II didn’t even try to make the save.

6 Man Tag Match: Haku, Kamala, and Konga with Skandar Akbar defeated Cowboy Bill Watts, Dr. Death Steve Williams & Wendell Cooley as the match went a little bonzo gonzo and the ref didn’t see Akbar pull out a leather strap and hit Cooley which allowed for Kamala to crush him with a Ugandan Splash.

The Road Warriors defeated Ivan & Nikta Koloff as they connected with a Doomsday Device on Ivan as the ref was forcing Nikita out of the ring. Nikita didn’t react well and then hit the ref with a Russian Sickle forcing him to be carried out on a stretcher.

STEEL CAGE MATCH: Dusty Rhodes defeated Vlad Koloff in a bloody battle of wills. This was Vlad’s first ever loss in the UWF as the fans hope they have finally seen a chink in the armor of the Koloffs!

Lot of big things happening on these shows...huge, huge win for Bullet and Garvin!

Enjoying Rip Oliver in the UWF, I've always felt he was a criminally underated heel and I look forward to seeing where he's headed.

A big statement for the Warriors after dropping the titles to get a win over Ivan/Nikita!

Finally Dusty gets a measure of revenge on the Russians picking up a won over Vlad!

HIYxdeH.jpg?3

11/23/1985

MONTGOMERY, ALABAMA

Hello again everybody. Welcome to UWF Wrestling, coming to you from the Civic Center in Knoxville, Tennessee. I am Lance Russell and my partner today is Dave Brown and let’s get right to the video tape from this week in Atlanta.

We see a video tape of Jerry Lawler defeating Nature Boy Buddy Landell in his World Title Match with Superstar Bill Dundee as the special referee.

When the video is over the Lawler is at the interview desk where Russell asks Lawler about his current relationship with Dundee. Lance explains that last week in their tag match the King accidently hit Dundee and then as we all just saw, Dundee slow counted the pin of Landell.

Jerry Lawler: I can’t speak for Bill, but I think our relationship is fine. I mean he might have been a little upset that he wasn’t strong enough last week to hold Landell causing me to accidently hit him and he might be a little upset with himself that he was out of position to make the three count as the special referee. I mean, I understand, he is getting up there in age and isn’t quite what he used to be.

Lance Russell: Now, now Jerry. That will be enough of that.

All of a sudden Dundee comes storming out and confronts Kingfish as he claims that he is always there for Lawler and would just like to be respected and just one time and when the topic of who Lawler will defend that UWF title against, Dundee thinks of himself as a possible opponent.

Jerry Lawler: I don’t decide who I wrestle. I must compete against whoever the UWF deems the top contender. If they don’t think it is you, then you need to do something about that!

We Are…. The Nation…. Of Domination starts to play from the speakers as Ernie Ladd leads the U.S. Champion to the interview area where he asks the little guy (Dundee) to step aside for the Man who is the #1 contender for the UWF World Title, Hacksaw Butch Reed!

Lance takes a moment to hype up Lawler vs Reed, title vs title match at Thanksgiving Thunder.

Lawler seems very confident as does Reed and neither gives an inch. All of a sudden, Dundee challenges Hacksaw Reed to a match today. Reed laughs but accepts as he thinks it would be a good tune up for his title shot.

All of a sudden Jerry Jarrett comes out and informs the Nation of Domination that if Reed loses to Dundee today, he will no longer be the #1 contender for the UWF title but Superstar Dundee will be and he will get the title shot at Thanksgiving Thunder.

Ladd and Reed are upset! Dundee is shaking his head up and down and Lawler has a very quizzical look on his face!

MATCH

THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR WITH PAUL ELLERING DEFEATS MIKE GRAHAM WITH A WARRIOR SMASH!

COMMERCIAL

MATCH

THE MIDNIGHT EXPRESS/ JIM CORNETTE BEAT DIXIE DYNAMITE & TOMMY GILBERT AS EATON HIT AN ALABAMA JAMMER ON GILBERT

Cornette and the Midnight Express head to the interview desk.

Lance Russell: You guys seem to be in a good mood!

Jim Cornette: Oh yeah we are in a good mood. We are getting to ready to celebrate our championship win this week in Memphis. I mean we are the greatest tag team in the World today and it is going to be great to have the gold back around our waist and the girls on our arms. I mean Beautiful Bobby and Loverboy Denis already have their pick of women but the party down on Beale Street is going to be something to be seen!

MATCH

JIMMY GOLDEN BEATS DUKE MYERS WITH THE BUCKSNORT DRIVER

As the match comes to an end, the Dirty White Boy comes to ringside with Ron Fuller but only words are exchanged as Lance Russell hypes up the Battle of Bucksnort which is going to take place at Thanksgiving Thunder. The only thing that saved Golden from a 2-1 attack was that his tag partner Robert Fuller rushed out to the ring to even the sides which made the DWB an Fuller rethink their plan and head to the locker room.

COMMERCIAL

MATCH

TRACY SMOTHERS DEFEATED KERRY BROWN WITH A SUPERKICK

At the interview desk, Smothers was saying that he hoped his tag partner, Steve Armstrong would be back soon as he is healing well from the fireball attack by the Midnight Express. The Rock n Roll Express and Ricky Gibson come out and join the interview where Lance can’t belief the week the Rock n Roll Express are having. First, they had to fight the Fuller Fab Ones in Atlanta where they escaped with their UWF World Titles and then this week they have to defend those belts against Ivan and Vlad Koloff at Thanksgiving Thunder. Lance goes on to hype up our next match in which the Rock n Roll Express and Ricky Gibson are to defend their UWF World 6 Man Titles against Tommy Rich, Austin Idol and Buddy Landell.

Ricky Morton: That’s right Lance this is one tough week but we need to stay focused on today’s match and with the help of you fans out there, we will do our best to come out on top.

MATCH

WORLD 6 MAN TITLE MATCH

THE ROCK n ROLL EXPRESS & RICKY GIBSON VS TOMMY RICH, AUSTIN IDOL & BUDDY LANDELL WITH RON FULLER

Morton and Rich start off we a little chain wrestling and all 6 men get a little shine in the first 5 minutes until Rich goes for the eye poke giving the heels the advantage which they carry for about 4 minutes. The end came when Morton escaped danger and tagged in Robert Gibson who took control of the ring. As Gibson and Morton were getting set to use the double dropkick, Gibson backed to his own corner where Ricky encouraged him with a little slap on the back.

WHAM…. Double drop kick on Idol and he falls through the ropes to the floor. WHAM… double drop kick on Landell and he follows Idol out of the ring. The Rock n Roll Express follow them out. The ref is watching the action on the floor as Wildfire comes in and drags Ricky Gibson into the ring as he has some sort of chain around Gibson’s neck. Wildfire disguises this choke as a sleeper and Gibson goes out and the ref calls for the bell.

Lance is really unsure of what has happened but sees the ref raises Wildfires hand and gives Fuller’s gang the titles. Lance is so confused he calls the ref over and asks him how Fuller’s gang can be granted the win the legal men were Robert Gibson and Tommy Rich and Robert was out of the ring at the time. The ref cleared it up as he said that Ricky had tagged himself in when he slapped his brother on the back.

Lance Russell: Well fair enough I guess. I still think we had an illegal choke going on there! Fans, you and I might not like it but we have new UWF World 6 Man Champions!

COMMERCIAL

MAIN EVENT

HACKSAW BUTCH REED WITH PEERNIRE LADD VS SUPERSTAR DUNDEE

WINNER TO GET UWF TITLE SHOT AT THANKSGIVING THUNDER

Dundee was holding his own here against the muscle-bound Hacksaw but Reed shoved Dundee into the ref and the ref went down. We now saw Ladd hit the ring and catch Dundee with a Big Boot. Lawler rushed down and went toe to toe with Ladd as the two took their fight to the floor. Reed takes full advantage of the Big Boot and follows up a football tackle with a Gorilla Press Slam and covered Dundee just as the ref stumbled over for the three count.

Lance Russell: Wow, what a night of wrestling we had. It looks like Lawler and Dundee are back on the same page but it will still be title vs title this week as Lawler faces Reed at Thanksgiving Thunder at the Mid-South Coliseum. So long from Knoxville.