kevinmcfl

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

w06Ezaq.png?1

MID-SOUTH COLISEUM

NOVEMBER 28,1985

(AIRED AS PART OF WEEKLY SHOW ON 11/30/85)

POSTED EARLY AS I HAVE A BUSY WEEK

Welcome to Thanksgiving Thunder in the Mid-South Coliseum. I am Jim Ross and my partner for this UWF special is the one and only Lance Russell. What a night we have for you as we have 10 amazing matches that could very well change the landscape of UWF Wrestling as we know it. Six title matches, a strap match, a UWF career vs career match and let’s not forget, the Anthem match where the American Dream will battle the Russian Nightmare for the right to play their countries national anthem.

Lance Russell: This is going to be one of the biggest shows ever here in the Mid-South Coliseum and I am most interested to see how Jerry “The King” Lawler is able to deal with the Nation of Domination and Hacksaw Reed. I mean this could be really great or really bad. We might just leave here tonight with the Nation of Domination in charge of the UWF Title and being serenaded by the Russian National Anthem as well walk to our vehicles. Let’s get to our first match.

MATCH

BATTLE OF BUCKSNORT

THE DIRTY WHITE BOY WITH RON FULLER VS JIMMY GOLDEN

This had little to do with wrestling and seemed like a family brawl. When Ron Fuller tried to get involved, his brother Robert came to ringside to take care of him. In the end it was the Bucksnort Driver beating the Bucksnort Blaster as Golden hit the piledriver on the DWB for the win.

MATCH

TERRY TAYLOR VS SHANE DOUGLAS

Terry Taylor basically takes the youngster to school here. Without Mr. Wrestling II by his side, Douglas seemed a little lost and Taylor was always one step ahead. Douglas had a few minutes on top here but Taylor came right back and just outwrestled Douglas. The end came in about 7 minutes with the Cross Face Chickenwing.

MATCH

STRAP MATCH

COWBOY BILL WATTS VS SKANDAR AKBAR

Crippler Rip Oliver, the newest member of Devastation Inc. came to the ring with Akbar in this wild brawl between the two old timers. As this was a no DQ match, Oliver decided to hit the ring to cause some chaos. Akbar had taken a beating to this point as Watts had whipped him like a dog with that strap. Oliver trips up Watts and the strap falls to the ground. Oliver picks it up as Akbar holds Watts.

WHAM!

Watts back kicks a low blow to Akbar and then charges Oliver but is caught with a knee to the head. As Watts goes down, Oliver picks up the strap and whips Watts over and over again. Watts looks is in bad shape and Oliver scoops him up and with the help of Akbar, delivers a Spike Piledriver for the win. Akbar and Oliver are laughing it up all the way back to the locker room as Watts is left lying in the center of the ring.

6 MAN WORLD TITLE MATCH

TOMMY RICH, AUSTIN IDOL & BUDDY LANDELL WITH RON FULLER

VS

THE ROAD WARRIOS & THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR WITH PAUL ELLERING

A match that is used to begin the push of the Warrior and to continue to keep the Road Warriors as one of the top teams in the UWF. Warrior is still raw but the potential is there so 6 man matches with the Road Warriors will allow him time to keep growing. Ron Fuller tried his best to get involved here but the power of the Warriors was just too much and in the end, we see Idol hit with the Doomsday Device and we have new 6-man champions.

CAREER VS CAREER MATCH

JYD VS MR. WRESTLING II

The crowd is on the edge of their seats for this one as they prayed that this would not be the last of the Dog. JYD was off to a fast start but Wrestling II is just too much of a veteran and uses some questionable tactics to take the momentum. It looked all over as JYD was nailed with a Loaded Million Dollar Knee Lift but to his luck, he fell out onto the arena floor. JYD made it back in on the count of 9 and hit a should block as he re-entered. From there, the Dog went wild and connected with a few headbutts followed by a Big Thump for the win. The crowd went wild as JYD gets to stay but after a few moments, something strange started to happen. They started to chant II, II, II over and over again. While he has been such a heel of late, the fans can’t totally forget what a loyal soldier her has been over the years. JYD actually goes over and gives Mr. Wrestling II a big hug and they walk out together.

UNITED STATES TAG TEAM TITLE

BOB ARMSTRONG & RON GARVIN VS THE MIDNIGHT EXPRESS WITH JIM CORNETTE

A match where both teams are looking for revenge. Amrstrong and Garvin for the fireballs thrown at Armstrong’s son and Garvin himself by the Midnight Express and Cornette’s team for Garvin hitting Eaton with the Cornette’s tennis racket to “steal” the titles. A nice 15 minute match here where the fan favorites dominate the beginning. Next, Cornette with the trip, allows the Express to get on top, and finally a nice hope spot by Armstrong only to be takin down by a low blow by Condrey. Armstrong now plays the face in peril and eventually tags in Garvin who comes in like a house afire. The action tumbles out to the arena floor where we get a double count out. Armstrong and Garvin hold on to their belts but both teams are not satisfied with this finish and we will see more of these two teams down the road.

UWF WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

THE ROCK n ROLL EXPRESS VS IVAN & VLAD KOLOFF

The perfect good vs evil match up here where the Express get another chance to play David vs Goliath. It could easily be argued that there has never been a team as over in the UWF as the RnR Express are and that there has never been a group as hated as the Koloffs here. The Express try a little running of the ropes in the beginning to offset the power of the Koloffs. Eventaully Vlad catches Morton and we get to the face in peril segment. The end sees Ivan clamp the Bear Hug on Gibson but Morton comes off the top rope to break up the hold. It gets wild for a few minutes as both men tag in their partners and Morton goes toe to with Vlad but Vlad is too strong. After a big right hand, Vlad whips Morton into the ropes and goes for the Big Back Body Drop but Morton leaps over and tries a Sunset Flip. Vlad is too strong and Morton can’t pull him down. Gibson hits the ring and dropkicks Vlad right in the jaw and over he goes. Gibson hits Ivan to ensure that he can’t make the save and the ref makes the three count. As Lance Russell and Jim Ross are hyping up this title defense Nikita comes down to the ring.

Jim Ross: Here comes Nikita and business is about to pick up. The Rock n Roll Express better watch out.

WHAM… Nikita levels Vlad with a Russian Sickle and Vlad is left flat on his back, Ivan and Nikita walk off and the Rock n Roll Express just seem to stare in confusion as does everyone in the arena. The only thing Lance Russell can think of is that this is the second time Vlad has been beaten and maybe Nikita doesn’t accept loses.

NORTH AMERICAN TITLE MATCH

DR. DEATH STEVE WILLIAMS VS HAKU WITH SKANDAR AKBAR

It doesn’t take long here for Akbar to get involved. He seems a little slow after the beating he took earlier tonight in the strap match with Watts but a wounded animal is dangerous. Watts can only stand so much and comes out after Akbar and Akbar takes off up the aisle. The problem is that it might be too late as Haku took advantage of Akbar’s help and has the Tongan Death Grip locked on Dr. Death. It looks like he is going out from the pain as the ref raises his arm up and drops it 2 times. The third, Williams stops the arm mid-way and shows signs of life. Here he goes. Williams is shaking all over as the adrenaline starts pumping. Williams and Haku trade blows and Dr. Death comes out on top of this exchange.

WHAM…. Football Tackle by Dr. Death

WHAM…. Oklahoma Stampede!

1…

2…

Jim Ross: Bah Gawd! Dr. Death has survived but I am sure Akbar and Devastation Inc. will be back for more.

ANTHEM MATCH

DUSTY RHODES VS NIKITA KOLOFF

Just what you would expect, Nikita controls the beginning and then Rhodes comes back. Many near falls by both men and Nikita is on the edge of defeat here.

Bionic Elbow by Rhodes … 2 ¾ count.

Bionic Elbow … 1 ½ Count

Bionic Elbow … No sell by Nikita

Lance Russell: Oh my, Dusty better watch out!

Nikita with the Irish Whip …. Russian Sickle and Dusty flips on his head and seems to be unconscious. Nikita with the cover.

1… 2… 3.

Jim Ross: It can’t be! Dusty has lost and these people are going to be asked to stand and pay respect to the Russian National Anthem! This is the worst thing I have ever seen. This is the worst moment in Dusty’s long and illustrious career. He may never forgive himself. Nikita Koloff takes the microphone as the people are booing and throwing things all over the ring.

Nikita Koloff: Hold da music. We wait to Dusty to get up and pay respect to Modder Russia.

Dusty eventually recovers and sees what is happening. He takes the microphone.

Dusty Rhodes: Nikita Koloff, you can’t do this to these people. I admit that today you are the better man. Since you have gotten to the UWF, you have been the better man. Do not make these proud Americans suffer for my failures. There must be something else we can do.

Nikita Koloff: You leave. You leave UWF for good, we no play the Anthem. You American Dream walk out now and no come back.

Dusty Rhodes is so emotional and weeps a goodbye to the fans and makes the deal with the Devil in order to save the fans from hearing the nation. The fans are begging him not to do so but he can’t help himself and does the slowest of all good bye walks up the aisle in the Mid-South Coliseum.

UWF TITLE VS UNITED STATES TITLE MATCH

JERRY “THE KING LAWLER VS HACKSAW BUTCH REED WITH ERNIE LADD

Even though it is the King, it takes the crowd in Memphis some time to get over the last match. This match was awesome with every big move possible. Press Slam by Reed, Royal Backbreaker by Lawler, Double Underhook Suplex by Reed, Middle Rope Fist Drop by Lawler, were all executed to perfection but only ended in 2 counts. Finally, Lawler throws punches so fast it looked like Sugar Ray Leonard. Lawler is able to follow this up with a Piledriver and it looks like he has the match won and he is going to hold two titles.

WHAM… Big Boot by Ladd.

DING DING DING!

Lawler wins by DQ and like lightening. Bill Dundee has hit the ring and is going wild in aid of the King. The night ends with Lawler and Dundee in charge of the ring and with an embrace as the fans go wild!

Lance Russell: What a night of wrestling it has been and the UWF will never be the same. We have seen the last of Mr. Wrestling II and Dusty Rhodes. JYD is here to stay and Jerry Lawler is still the champ. So long from Memphis.

So much to address here. The Kingfish and Dundee hugging it out after clearing the ring is great. Dusty making his deal to leave just to save the fans the indignity is such a great angle. JYD and Wrestling 2 is an incredible ending. Williams looks like a world beater in his title defense. Great, great show.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

bKVU4CB.jpg?2

TgMwVvn.jpg?1

1/4/1986

LOUISVILLE, KENTUCKY

Hello everybody. Welcome to Crossfire a UWF Wrestling production. We are coming to you from the Louisville, Gardens in Louisville, Kentucky. I am Lance Russell and my partner today is the excitable Jeff Jarrett. Welcome to the first UWF show of the new year.

MATCH

TOMMY RICH DEFEATS “DIRTY” DAN DENTON WITH A LOU THESZ PRESS

After the match, the TV audience is skeptical about Wildfire’s apology to everyone for his recent actions. He says that Ron Fuller promised him the world title and Wildfire admits that once you have had a taste of that title you want nothing more than to get your hands back on it. He lets everyone know that his 1986 New Year’s resolution is to be on the side of good. He lets us know that he is getting sick and tired of the likes of Skandar Akbar and the Koloffs coming into the country only to put it down but they are so happy putting their hand out for the almighty American dollar.

After Wildfire heads off stage, Jerry Jarrett comes on to hype up the next big event, King of the Mountain which is going to take place in two weeks in Knoxville, Tennessee. He goes on to explain that King of the Mountain is going to center on “The Gauntlet” which is going to be a type of battle royal that will have 20 wrestlers involved. It will begin with only 2 wrestlers and every 2 minutes another wrestler will enter the ring. The last wrestler left will be the winner and will receive a future World Title Shot. Jarrett goes on to explain that there will also be a World Tag Team Title Match that night where the Rock n Roll Express will face off against the Road Warriors and a World Title Match where Jerry Lawler will face one of his “strongest” competitors to date in Mr. USA Tony Atlas.

Lance Russell really hypes this up as Jerry Lawler comes out seems excited to face Tony Atlas and he goes on to explain that this is why the UWF is the best in the business as they just keep bringing in the best talent from all over the world. All of a sudden, he is interrupted by Ivan and Nikita Koloff.

Ivan Koloff: If I was you Jerry Lawler, I would make sure I lose the title in Knoxville. I mean you know that Nikita can’t be stopped. He ran that American Dream out of here and you will be next if you dare.

Jerry Lawler: Listen up you hairy mammoth. I am not going anywhere and neither is this belt.

Wham! Nikita clobbers Lawler and Lawler goes down but he doesn’t stay there. He gets up and is giving it his best shot in this 2-1 attack. Out of nowhere comes Wildfire Tommy Rich and he is throwing punches like crazy. Lawler and Rich actually win this brawl as Nikita and Ivan head to the locker room. We have a few uncomfortable moments as Lawler is unsure of what to do with Wildfire. Everybody knows the bad blood between them and are ecstatic when the two embrace.

Lance Russell: I know it is a new year but C’mon. Nobody would have thought this was going to happen tonight. Lawler and Rich on the same side could only mean trouble for bad boys of the UWF.

COMMERCIAL

MATCH

THE CRIPPLER RIP OLIVER DEFEATS RICKY GIBSON WITH THE PIKEDRIVER

MATCH

BOB ARMSTRONG DEFEATS THE MASKED AVENGER (ED WISKOSKI) WITH THE GEORGIA JAWBREAKER

After the match, one of the most hated heels in Tennessee Wrestling history, Ron Wright, comes to the interview desk where he lets everyone know that he is unhappy with the state of wrestling today. He tries to explain that he was a “Christian” Wrestler and always had this sports best interests at heart.

Lance Russell: Oh come on! I have seen you hundreds of times bring that knucklebuster to the ring and almost cut people’s hands off. If you were a Christian, I am going to hell.

Ron Wright: If you are referring to my “chisel” that was only used against the worst of the worst. and that is what I am here for now. To take out the worst of the worst in the UWF. Those Armstrongs must go! That no good JYD has no place in Tennessee. And now I see one Tommy Rich join the evil empire with Jerry Lawler. Well I won’t stand for it and neither will my army!

Lance Russell: What army!

Ron Wright: Well let me bring them out here.

All of a sudden, The Long Riders (Scott & Bill Irwin) and the Dirty White Boy and take over the interview area. The crowd and Lance Rusell are really upset as the “army” greets Ron Wright with the Hail Hitler sign as Ron Wright lets everyone know that they will be thanking him in the weeks to come as the Armstrongs, JYD and any of Jerry Lawler’s cronies meet the wrath of “The Army.”

COMMERCIAL

MATCH

UNITED STATES TITLE MATCH

HACKSAW BUTCH REED WITH ERNIE LADD DEFEATS BRAD RHEINGANS

The fans were all over the champ from the second they heard that awful sound. WE ARE…. THE NATION…. OF DOMINATION. This only seemed to please both Reed and Ladd as they antagonized the fans on their way to the ring.

Once the match got under way, it took the champ here awhile before he could get going. Rheingans, a former Olympian, was able to combine his technical abilities and power to basically tie Reed up in knots. He became frustrated and tossed Brad to the floor. When the ref went to admonish Reed, Ernie Ladd took advantage and connected with a Big Boot. Ladd rolled him back in and Reed had his way with Rheingans with the end coming with a Gorilla Press Slam.

At the interview desk, both Reed and Ladd bragged about how there was no competition for Reed around here. Reed bragged about how he just man handled a former United States Olympian.

Lance Russell: Well I don’t know about man handled it looked more like men handling with the help of Mr. Ladd.

Before the nation responded, everyone was shocked to see Baby Doll strut out to the interview desk. Her appearance definatley seemed to distract the Nation as she took over the interview.

Baby Doll: Boys, I know I have been away for awhile but I see nobody has forgotten me. To be honest Butch, you are the reason I have returned.

Butch Reed gets a big grin across his face as he thinks Baby Doll

Baby doll with a very smug face tells Reed that he must be out of his mind. She goes on to say that she has returned because she was sick and tired of watching this Nation of Abomination on TV each and every week. How dare you think you could dominate anything!

Butch Reed: Well if you watch each and every week like you say, you must notice that there is not a wrestler around here that can handle me.

Baby Doll: Maybe not until now. I am the Perfect 10 and I would not return without perfection! Everyone who has ever seen me says I am the total package. Well, you are about to see the total package in the ring and the newest member of the Perfect Alliance.

MATCH

LEX LUGER WITH BABY DOLL DESTROYS LARRY CHEATEM WITH THE TORTURE RACK

After the match, Hacksaw Reed rushes to the ring where a pumped up Luger dares him to enter the ring. Ernie Ladd begs Reed not to get in the ring and Reed heeds his warning. The Nation of Domination slowly leaves the ring as Luger and Baby Doll get some serious love from the crowd.

COMMERCIAL

MAIN EVENT MATCH

JYD & WAHOO McDANIEL DEFEAT THE MEMPHIS BRUISE BROTHERS

This was a good old fashion brawl as all 4 would rather mix it up then actually wrestle. JYD and Wahoo come out on top here as Mad Dog Boyd fell through the middle ropes after a headbut from JYD and he had trouble getting back into the ring. A few monster Tomahawk Chops by Wahoo on Porkchop followed up with a Big Thump from JYD was all she wrote.

At the interview desk it became clear why Wahoo and JYD had formed this new team. They are both sick and tired of the actions of the Midnight Express and want to put a stop to Jim Cornette and his dirty ways.

Jim Ross: Wow. What a night it has been. Don’t forget to join us this week in Memphis, Tennessee and the Mid-South Coliseum.

HIYxdeH.jpg?3

bpzCYEO.jpg?1

1/4/1986

LOUISVILLE, KENTUCKY

Hello again everybody. Welcome to Power Pro Wrestling, a UWF Production coming to you from the Louisville Gardens in Louisville, Kentucky. I am Jim Ross and my partner is Cowboy Bill Watts. Welcome to the first show of the new year. Let’s start with a message from Jerry Jarrett that was seen this week on Crossfire.

Jerry Jarrett comes on to hype up the next big event, King of the Mountain which is going to take place in two weeks in Knoxville, Tennessee. He goes on to explain that King of the Mountain is going to center on a type of battle royal that will have 30 wrestlers involved. It will begin with only 2 wrestlers and every 2 minutes another wrestler will enter the ring. The last wrestler left will be the winner and will receive a future World Title Shot. Jarrett goes on to explain that there will also be a World Tag Team Title Match that night where the Rock n Roll Express will face off against the Road Warriors and a World Title Match where Jerry Lawler will face one of his “strongest” competitors to date in Mr. USA Tony Atlas.

Both Jim Ross and Watts hype this up and the both seem really intrigued by the King of the Mountain Match.

MATCH

THE ROAD WARRIORS DESTROY THE DIXIE DYNAMITES WITH A DOUBLE DOOMSDAY DEVICE

Paul Ellering: Oh what a year it is going to be. In just two weeks we are going to see my trio of doom hold both the World Tag Team Titles and the World 6 Man Titles. I am not going to take anything away from Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson as they did beat us last time but you know what they say, even a blind squirrel finds a nut. Well after Knoxville, the Rock n Roll Express are going to look like road kill. Or should we say Road Warrior Kill!

COMMERCIAL

MATCH

“DIRTY” DICK SLATER BEATS VERLON BIGGS WITH THE FIGURE 4

While Slater did win with the submission hold, this match showed everyone why his nickname is “dirty.” From the eye rakes to the right-handed jabs followed by the big left hand, Slater used every questionable tactic to make sure he came out on top all the while taking time to abuse the crowd whenever he had the time.

At the interview desk, Slater said that he heard of this King of the Mountain thing so he came running to the UWF. He knows that he is the best free agent in the game right now at his services are for sale. He also explains that when he wins the World Title, his price tag is going way up!

MATCH

THE TEXAS TORNADOS (Sam Houston & Kendell Wyndham) defeat TOM STONE & KEN DILLINGER

These two cowboy-hat wearing youngsters, 22 and 19 respectively, brought so much energy that the crowd could not help but get into it. The end came with a Double Bulldog on the Tom Stone as both Ross and Watts both hyped up how bright the future was for the Texas Tornados.

COMMERCIAL

Skandar Akbar: Oh Jim Ross. If you only knew how great the Christmas season is when you are rich like me. You don’t wait to see what other people bought you, you go out and buy whatever you want. And what I wanted was to make Devastation Inc. even more dominating. I want 1986 to be the year that we bring that North American Title home to where it belongs which is right here in my hands!

Steve “Dr. Death” Williams comes out and confronts Akbar and says he is sick and tired of him. Williams runs down the list of members of Devastation Inc, from Jimmy Snuka to Kamala who have come and gone in Akbar’s attempt to win the North American title. Williams says that it didn’t matter to him who has joined his group of misfits, he will come out on top.

All of a sudden, a 6’5, 330 pound monster with face paint comes out to the interview desk where Akbar introduces him as his first Christmas present to himself, The Warlord. This freak of nature doesn’t seem to bother Williams who dares Akbar to meet him in the ring tonight for a tag match against him and Hacksaw Jim Duggan!

As the interview area clears out, Jim Ross can’t help but wonder if Devastation Inc. can be stopped in 1986. Cowboy Watts, who hates Akbar, reminds us that Akbar did say that was only his first Christmas?

MATCH

NATURE BOY BUDDY LANDELL VS THE SOUTHERN GENTLEMEN TRACY SMOTHERS

Wow, both guys really know the wrestling game. Landell does a great job of bringing down the heat prior to the match while Smothers appears to high five every fan on the way to the ring. Once the match starts, Landell does a great job of playing the scarred heel and Smothers shows him no mercy. With a rake of the eyes by Buddy, we head to the next part of the match where the Nature Boy tries his best to take Smothers to school but to no avail. Smothers makes a nice come back in the end and almost gets the pin after he connected with a Super Kick but the bell rang as this one ended in a time limit draw.

COMMERCIAL

MATCH MAIN EVENT:

DR. DEATH STEVE WILLIAMS & HACKSAW JIM DUGGAN

VS

THE BARBARIAN & THE WARLORD

While the Warlord looks physically imposing, he is raw as could be and actually doesn’t even enter the ring. That’s because the match only goes about 3 minutes. Duggan and the Barbarian start the match and really go at it. Duggan gets the slight advantage and has the Barbarian down. He hits the ropes as it looks like he is going for an elbow drop but Akbar trips him up. Duggan turns his attention to Akbar for a second and warns him not to get involved again.

Duggan turns back to the Barbarian…..

WHAM!

Jim Ross: Baw Gawd! What is going on? What has Akbar down. Dr. Death has just speared Duggan. Dr. Death, the Barbarian and the Warlord are now stompin a mud hole in Duggan and walkin it dry.

And the screen fades to black.

What a way to end the show. Dr. Death goes bad! I agree with the others on the Texas Tornados, they could really be developed into a championship team. Love free agent Dick Slater. Enjoyed the draw between Landell and Smothers. I think that program could be a nice gem in the mid card scene. Always fun to read your territory. Who will be the King of the Mountain???

HIYxdeH.jpg?3

bKVU4CB.jpg?2

1/10/1986

ALEXANDRIA, LOUISIANA

Hello everybody. Welcome to Crossfire a UWF Wrestling production. We are coming to you from the Rapides Parish Coliseum in Alexandria, Louisiana. I am Lance Russell and my partner today is the young Jeff Jarrett. All the buzz is about the huge King of the Mountain event in Knoxville, Tennessee which takes place one week from tonight!

Jeff Jarrett: Oh boy! That is going to be one hot ticket. The 30 man “King of the Mountain” Battle Royal is going to be a sight to see and don’t forget the winner gets a World Title shot.

Jim Ross: And speaking of the world champ, Jerry “the King” Lawler will be putting the title on the line against Mr. USA Tony Atlas and the UWF World Tag Title will be on the line as the top two teams in all of wrestling, the Rock n Roll Express and the Road Warriors, will continue their gigantic feud!

Jeff Jarrett: Well before we get to that event, we have a great show tonight and let’s get to the ring to get it started.

MATCH

BRAD & STEVE ARMSTRONG DEFEAT BART SAWYER & STEVE BRODY BY DQ

This match only lasted a minute or so before Ron Wright’s entire Army (the Irwin brothers and DWD hit the ring and attacked the Armstrongs. It was not long before the cavalry of Tommy Rich, Jerry Lawler and Tracy Smothers came out and made the save as Wright took his troops back to the locker room.

At the interview desk we see a furious Bob Armstrong demand a match for later tonight. Jerry Jarret comes out and asked Bob what he wants. He says the Armstrongs vs Wright’s Army and crowd is excited as it is granted.

Lance does take a moment to hype up the match at King of the Mountain between Lawler and Tony Atlas for the UWF World Title. Lawler says that he and Tony have been friends for a long time and it will be a great test for him but he expects to come out on top!

COMMERCIAL

MATCH

THE CRIPPLER RIP OLIVER DEFEATS LOU WINSTON WITH THE PIKEDRIVER

MATCH

LEX LUGER WITH BABY DOLL DEFEATS KEN DILINGER WITH THE TORTURE RACK

After the match, Baby Doll takes another chance to call out the United States Champion Hacksaw Butch Reed and she wants to know why he is ducking the Perfect Package. Ernie Ladd with the Nation of Domination sound track blaring from the speakers comes out.

Ernie Ladd: Now what type of man lets a women do all the talking.

Lance Russell: C’mon Ladd. That will be enough of that.

Ernie Ladd: Shut Up Banana Nose. Lex you have been impressive the last two weeks but even you know that you are not in the class of Butch Reed and that you are not ready for a title shot

Lex Luger: Ladd, I am the future of wrestle and the future is now. If you don’t think so, why are you alone. That’s because Butch Reed, who you call the man, is afraid.

Butch Redd can’t stand it no more and no matter how much Ladd wanted to keep him away from Luger, he comes out. We get some back forth talk here and Reed gives a huge flex but Luger simply flexes back. The fans are wishing that these two monsters would just go at it but instead we get one of those timely commercial breaks to restore order.

COMMERCIAL

JYD and Wahoo McDaniel come out to the interview desk where Lance congratulate them on their recent success as a tag team and both Dog and Wahoo say they have joined together for one reason and that is to take the United States Tag Titles from the Midnight Express!

All of a sudden, Jim Cornette comes out and is having a grand ole time.

Jim Cornette: You two must be out of your mind! First of all, to think you two could stand a chance against Beautiful Bobby and Lover Boy Denis proves you are completely nuts. Second, what makes you two think you deserve a title shot. I mean you have been a tag team for like a minute now and have not beaten a top team to even deserve a title shot!

JYD: So let the Dog get it straight! If we beat a top team in the UWF then we would deserve a title shot!

Jim Cornette: And some people around here have been saying that JYD isn’t the brightest bulb! Of course any team that is the top team would get a title shot. I mean we all know that the Midnight Express are fighting champions and would never duck anyone. I mean, I invite you to stay out as the Midnight Express battles the team of Homer Dell and Verlon Biggs right now. I mean these two guys have been on a roll lately!

MATCH

THE MIDNIGHT EXPRESS WITH JIM CORNETTE VS HOMER DELL AND VERLON BIGGS

OR IS IT?

Before the match starts, JYD and Wahoo enter the ring and go right to Homer Dell and Verlon Biggs and are having a conversation. The 4 shake hands and Biggs and Dell walk out of the ring.

Lance Russell: Oh my! It looks like JYD and Wahoo are substituting in the match and the Midnight Express are about to be in for the fight of their lives.

As for the match, JYD and Wahoo beat the Midnight Express from pillar to post for a good 5 minutes as JYD signals to the crowd that he is gong for Big Thump. He whips Beautiful Bobby off the ropes but Cornette trips his own man and drags him out of the ring. Cornette then calls Lover Boy to join him as the three hightail it back to the locker room. The ref completes the 10 count and declares Wahoo and JYD the winners but this is not the ending that anyone wanted.

Lance Russell: Well I think that Cornette better think again before he calls the Midnight Express fighting champions, it does however look like they are good runners.

COMMERCIAL

MAIN EVENT MATCH

BOB, BRAD & STEVE ARMSTRONG VS RON WRIGHT’S ARMY (The Irwins & the Dirty White Boy)

The Armstrongs get off to a fast start here but Ron Wright trips up Steve and the Army is off and running. We end up going a little bonzo gonza at one point and all six men are in the ring. With the ref all distracted by the chaos, Ron Wright is able to slip his knucklebuster which seems to be loaded with a razor blade on one side to the Dirty White Boy. He wraps that weapon right across the back of the hand of Brad and he is spraying blood! The ref turned at the last second and saw the actions of the DWB and called for the bell. This did little to stop the fight as Bob and Steve just went nuts to protect Brad and tossed the Army out onto the floor. It is obvious that this feud is just getting going!

Jim Ross: Wow. What a night it has been. Don’t forget to join us next week in Knoxville for the King of the Mountain. So long from Alexandria.

Ron Wright and his Army are the perfect villians for the beloved Armstrongs! Wahoo/JYD vs. The Midnights and Cornette will be fun as well. I'm really enjoying Butch Reed as US Champ...still not a fan of the Nation of Domination gimmick in this era but Reed and Ernie fit well together and I agree this would be a great feud for Luger to learn from.

bpzCYEO.jpg?1

1/11/1986

ALEXANDRIA, LOUISIANA

Hello again everybody. Welcome to Power Pro Wrestling, a UWF Production coming to you from the Rapides Parrish Coliseum in Alexandria, Louisiana. I am Jim Ross and my partner is Cowboy Bill Watts. Everyone is so excited for King of the Mountain this week in Knoxville where we will see a 30 man King of the Mountain Match were one wrestler will enter the ring every 2 minutes and the last one standing will get a World Title shot and the Rock n Roll Express will also defend the Tag Titles against the very dangerous Road Warriors but right now, we must get to the bottom of how our show ended last week. For those of you who didn’t see it, let’s show the video:

MATCH MAIN EVENT:

DR. DEATH STEVE WILLIAMS & HACKSAW JIM DUGGAN

VS

THE BARBARIAN & THE WARLORD

While the Warlord looks physically imposing, he is raw as could be and actually doesn’t even enter the ring. That’s because the match only goes about 3 minutes. Duggan and the Barbarian start the match and really go at it. Duggan gets the slight advantage and has the Barbarian down. He hits the ropes as it looks like he is going for an elbow drop but Akbar trips him up. Duggan turns his attention to Akbar for a second and warns him not to get involved again.

Duggan turns back to the Barbarian….

WHAM!

Jim Ross: Baw Gawd! What is going on. What has Akbar down. Dr. Death has just speared Duggan. Dr. Death, the Barbarian and the Warlord are now stompin a mud hole in Duggan and walkin it dry.

When the video ends, we see Skandar Akbar at the interview table with the newest member of Devastation Inc, Steve “Dr. Death” Williams where an emotional Cowboy Bill Watts wants some explanation from Dr. Death.

Cowboy Bill Watts: Steve, you and I have been bleeding all over this region of the United States trying to put an end to this no-good sheet wearing piece of garbage and now you go any join him? I got to know why.

Dr. Death: Watts I will tell you exactly why. Every time I looked up after being attacked by the likes of Konga or Kamala, I saw your old behind flat on your back. I saw that laughing stock, Hacksaw Jim Duggan swinging a 2 x 4 but never hitting everything. And the next week it would be the same except for one thing. General Akbar would retool. He would do whatever he needed to do to win. That’s the type of organization I want to be a part of. Oh, and by the way, he is paying me more money than I know what to do with. I am entering 1986 as the North American champion and I will be leaving 1986 as the World Champion and there is nothing you can do about it.

All of a sudden Hacksaw Duggan comes out and verbally attacks both Akbar and Williams but that only lasts for about a minute as the Warlord and Konga come out and now it is 4-2 as Devastation Inc ends the first segment by leaving Duggan and Watts in a bloody heap on the floor.

COMMERCIAL

MATCH

THE ROCK n ROLL EXPRESS BEAT PORKCHOP CASH & THE MASKED AVENGER (Ed Wiskowski) WITH A DOUBLE DROP KICK ON CASH

At the interview desk, the Rock n Roll Express do a great job of playing the underdog even though they are the UWF World Tag Team Champions as they get ready to face the Road Warriors next week in Knoxville. Morton and Gibson remind us that they have faced Animal and Hawk on numerous occasions and have come out on top many of those times. They know they are going to take a physical beating but expect to come out on top but they need each and every fans support in Knoxville. Morton lets us know that the Rock n Roll Express are at their best with all the fans behind them!

MATCH:

DICK MURDOCH CRUSHES KEN DILLINGER WITH A BRAINBUSTER

Dick Murdoch: The UWF is a great place. I got here just one week ago and in less than one week I will be the World Champ! This King of the Mountain match is right up my ally. I love a good ol fashion fist fight and that is exactly what this match will be. I don’t care if I am the first man in the ring or the last one, I will be the one who gets his hand raised and then I will be coming after whoever is the champ!

COMMERCIAL

MATCH

THE ROAD WARRIORS THE& ULTIMATE WARRIOR CRUSH THREE JOBBERS IN A 6 MAN TAG MATCH

They all join Ellering at the interview desk where all the focus is on winning the World Titles this week in Knoxville. After hearing Animal and Hawk talk about what the are going to do to the Rock n Roll Express you actually feel frightened for Morton and Gibson.

MATCH

“DIRTY” DICK SLATER BEATS BIG JOHN ELLIS WITH THE FIGURE 4

The fans are unsure what to think of Slater other than that he gets the job done. They are waiting to see who he aligns himself with before passing judgement. Slater is known to straddle that fence between good and evil and it has been no different the last two weeks. We will wait and see but one thing for sure is that Slater is ready to win the King of the Mountain Match. Slater does remind us that he is the best free agent in the game and his services are for sale! The fans hope that he joins with someone like Doll and Lex Luger but Ross reminds us all that General Akbar has been is a spending mood lately.

COMMERCIAL

MATCH

THE TEXAS TORNADOS (Sam Houston & Kendell Wyndham) defeat DON KERNODLE & COWBOY DON BASS

These youngsters did a great job of shaking off every dirty trick these two vets played and in the end, they came up with a bit of an upset when they hit a double Bulldog on Kernodle.

MATCH

BLACKJACK MULLIGAN DEFEATS DREW JOHNSON WITH THE IRON CLAW

During the match, Jim Ross kept saying he can’t believe how much talent has rushed into the UWF as the world of King of the Mountain and a potential word title shot has spread across the wrestling world. He goes on to talk about Slater, Luger, Murdoch and now Blackjack Mulligan.

COMMERCIAL

MATCH

NATURE BOY BUDDY LANDELL VS THE SOUTHERN GENTLEMEN TRACY SMOTHERS

This is a rematch from last week and it is evident that they don’t like each other. The difference this week vs last week where we saw a time limit draw was that Landell had no thoughts on winning the match. About 4 minutes in, we see Crusher Rip Oliver come out to the ring and together with Landell they gave Smothers a Spike Piledriver. As Smothers laid motionless on the mat, these two danced around the ring with big smiles on their faces.

All of a sudden, those smiles turned into looks of great fear as Hacksaw Duggan, Blackjack Mulligan and another huge man who Jim Ross introduces as none other than Scott Hall. Before these three hit the ring, Landell and Crusher actually hightail it back to the locker by way of the stands.

Before the show ends, Jim Ross interviews these three and Hacksaw Duggan takes the lead.

Hacksaw Jim Duggan: Listen up Jim Ross. We are sick and tired of all these people coming into the UWF and thinking they can just get what they want. From this Ron Wright and his Army to the Russians to the Nation of Domination and let’s not forget about the lowest scums on the face of the earth. That’s right Dr. Death and Skandar Akbar. Well there are plenty of us who love this sport and have respect for it and they are coming to join me to take down those on the side of evil. Just look at the three standing here now. I mean we got 6’9 Blackjack Mullian. Scott Hall, 6’6 and a pure physical specimen. And there are others like JYD, Jerry Lawler, Lex Luger, Tommy Rich and the Armstrongs. If it is a war you thugs want…. YOU GOT IT!

Jim Ross knows that Hacksaw and his group are ready but lets us all know we are out of time and to join us next week in Knoxville for the King of the Moutain. So long from Alexandria.