Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 3/13 - 3/19

Microstatistics

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Foley was on Jericho's show and revealed that last summer Stephanie was originally going to turn on him when Hunter came back to help Owens. But he and Stephanie pitched the idea where she would plead ignorance and Foley would trust her. Vince reluctantly agreed. So looks like Foley was originally only going to be around for a month or so

Like most Taker matches at Mania. It's funny because the streak had this incredible, legendary aura, but people seem to forget most of it consists of really shitty matches. And I don't mean only in the formative years, I mean during the vaunted Streak years too. And the ones who weren't shitty were overrated as all hell (yeah, I'm looking at you, self-conscious epic Shawn matches).

Man, not PWO's sacred cows!!

His matches with Punk, Batista and Edge, in that order, were varying degrees of good, but if you don't care for the style for the Michaels and HHH matches, then, yeah, that's a rough four year stretch.

Not seeing any substantive knocks on 30. Cena/Wyatt is forgettable and Taker/Brock was terrible until the shock, but the rest was a blast. Fun opener with Hogan/Austin/Rock (can't defend bringing Rock back the way they have the last two years, but it was a fine way to open 30), Bryan's two matches, a wtf NAO match that was a three minute squash and Cesaro winning the first battle royal (a genuine feel good moment and before we knew what the battle royal would amount to).

While Orton is an ace and is still surprisingly over, he's always been pretty malleable with the WM card. Lost to Kane and then opened the following year's show in a six man tag with Big Show and Sheamus! So although I'm no fan of what Wyatt's done in 3.5 years, I don't see a match-crippling disparity in status between the two.

Will Ambrose/Corbin be on the main show?

I thought Rock-Cena I at Wrestlemania 28 was a pretty good match that hasn't really gotten its due. Not a great one, but it accomplished what it needed to accomplish, even if I hated the result.

Pretty good is right. But pretty good for the Ultimate Dream Match doesn't really cut it, does it ? Hell, Rock vs Hogan far exceeded its expectation (although it's way overrated) while Rock vs Cena ended up underwhelming (and thus is underrated). Actually, maybe the fact they re-did it the next year is what hurts the first match, which may be better than pretty good actually. But the second being just there hurts the perspective of the whole deal I think.

No, actively bad -- that was HHH-Undertaker.

Like most Taker matches at Mania. It's funny because the streak had this incredible, legendary aura, but people seem to forget most of it consists of really shitty matches. And I don't mean only in the formative years, I mean during the vaunted Streak years too. And the ones who weren't shitty were overrated as all hell (yeah, I'm looking at you, self-conscious epic Shawn matches).

Of Taker's 23 WM matches, less than half are worth a shit. Maybe about 10. Taker's career in general follows the "incredible, legendary aura that people forget mostly consists of really shitty matches". As early as 1997, JR was hyping Taker as the single greatest wrestler in WWE history after audiences had just seen 6 1/2 years of garbage with a couple of solid matches with Mankind. And that just kept going the rest of his career. For every great match Taker had, he'd have a year of trash.