Pro Wrestling Only

NWA Lutte Internationale Presents 2nd Annual Johnny Rougeau Memorial Cup

SirEdger

This is the thread about the second Johnny Rougeau Memorial Cup taking place at the Montreal Forum from April 28 to April 30. For those who participated last year, same formula will apply for this year:

-3 day tournament with the 1st Round matches taking place on Night 1

-Night 2 will feature Round 2 & Quarter-Finals plus 1 or 2 matches featuring eliminated talents

-Night 3 will feature Semi-Finals & Finals plus other matches

-Given the ban imposed to the World Wrestling Federation following the Dino Bravo signing, their slots in the tournament (except for Andre the Giant) will be alloted to freelancers Jerry Lawler, Stan Hansen & Bruiser Brody

The Rougeau Brothers won't be in the tournament this year however, they WILL be defending the NWA World Tag Team Championship on all 3 nights with open contracts. Any promoters willing to take those open contracts can contact me in private until the start of the tournament. Of course, those tag teams mustn't be involved in the tournament themselves.

You can already submit your 4 participants entering the tournament this year in this topic. Once I'll have all of the names, I'll randomly form the bracket for the tournament just like last year.

Finally, if some promoters want to feature a specific match from their promotion on Night 2 & Night 3, they can also contact me in private just like in the case of the open contracts.

Freelancers: Andre the Giant, Jerry Lawler, Stan Hansen & Bruiser Brody

Lutte Internationale: Luke Williams, Bob Backlund, Rick Martel & Larry Zbyszko

New Japan Pro Wrestling: Toshiaki Kawada, Nobuhiko Takada, Masa Chono & Yoji Anjo

USWA: Dusty Rhodes, Ted Dibiase, Jimmy Snuka & Hacksaw Butch Reed

Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling: Tully Blanchard, Terry Funk, One Man Gang, George "The Animal" Steele

Continental Championship Wrestling: Austin Idol, Brad Armstrong, Hercules Hernandez & Mr. Olympia

AWA: Rick Rude, Buddy Rose, Mike Rotundo, Steven Regal

Non-Tournament Matches

Night 1

NWA World Tag Team Championship: The Rougeau Brothers vs The Tiger Masks (JWA)

Night 2

NWA World Tag Team Championship: The Rougeau Brothers vs The Perfect Alliance (UWF)

Night 3

NWA World Tag Team Championship: The Rougeau Brothers vs The Road Warriors (UWF)

It's jumping the gun a little bit, but the (two weeks in the future) JWA would like to send The Cobras (George and Shunji Takano and Footloose (the young team of Toshiaki Kawada and Samson Fuyuki) to participate in the tournament. Neither team needs to be protected, particularly.

It's jumping the gun a little bit, but the (two weeks in the future) JWA would like to send The Cobras (George and Shunji Takano and Footloose (the young team of Toshiaki Kawada and Samson Fuyuki) to participate in the tournament. Neither team needs to be protected, particularly.

My mistake! I misread the post and thought this was a tag team tournament. For a singles tournament, we would like to send young up-and-comers Toshiaki Kawada, Nobuhiko Takada, Masa Chono, and Yoji Anjo

Top post updated with New Japan & USWA participants to the tournament added.

Also, only 1 open contract left to face the Rougeau Brothers for the NWA World Tag Team Championships during the tournament. The Rougeaus will face NJPW's Tiger Masks on Night 1 while they will face The Road Warriors on Night 3 of the tournament.

Also, a reminder that we will sanction any match that a territory want to feature on Nights 2 & 3 of the tournament if they want to do so.

Reminder that the Rougeaus are still having an open contract for Night 2 of the tournament to defend the NWA World Tag Team Championships. Also, another reminder that if there's a specific match you want to present on Night 2 or 3, it's still possible.

And Grimmas, I'm gonna need soon your entrants from CMLL in the tournament so I can start working on the random brackets.

I would like to give everyone a chance to get in on such a wonderful tournament. If nobody sends you anything in the next few days, pm me and I will send you a team.

I'll give it about a week to see if anyone chimes in. I thought maybe that Boon would like to get involved in some way, since he arrived after I launched the tournament. There's still a lot 1 month before the start of the tournament so I'm not stressing....yet lol

I would like to give everyone a chance to get in on such a wonderful tournament. If nobody sends you anything in the next few days, pm me and I will send you a team.

I'll give it about a week to see if anyone chimes in. I thought maybe that Boon would like to get involved in some way, since he arrived after I launched the tournament. There's still a lot 1 month before the start of the tournament so I'm not stressing....yet lol

At the moment I think any of my teams would stick out like a sore thumb. I have a couple of teams I'm building up, but not ready for anything like this..

I see, and I totally understand. Just wanted to extend the opportunity to you!

It's much appreciated just looking at the teams in it, the combo I could send would add very little if you can get Anderson & Eaton. Maybe next year I'll have the best team in the land and send them...

• 2 weeks later...

The Perfect Alliance of Arn Anderson & Bobby Eaton has taken the final open contract to face the Rougeau Brothers for the NWA World Tag Team Championship on Night 2 of the tournament.

Once I get an answer from CMLL, I'll generate & publish the brackets!