Pro Wrestling Only

WrestleMania 34 - Card Speculation Thread

supersonic

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bizarre that people are shitting on the idea of Lesnar vs Reigns when they had the last great Wrestlemania match to date, one of the best the company has ever done AND didn't have a proper finish so there's clearly storyline reasons to renew the rivalry.

Bizarre that people are shitting on the idea of Lesnar vs Reigns when they had the last great Wrestlemania match to date, one of the best the company has ever done AND didn't have a proper finish so there's clearly storyline reasons to renew the rivalry.

Could Brock have had the same level of match with anyone else? I think so.

He hasn't though. Except for the Cena Extreme Rules match, that was his best WWE match imo. Maybe just maybe Reigns and Cena are actually good.

I am all for the idea of Reigns vs Brock next year. Keeping Brock busy for his limited engagements wont be a problem. He can defend against Rollins, Owens, Balor, Joe, and even Cesaro or Zayn if they really wanted to push it and have fun matches really highlight him and build him (back) up a bit over the course of the year. I'd honestly have him go over Reigns once this year too (either at the rumble or Survivor Series) to build the bad blood and remind everyone what kind of beating these two can put on each other. The trick is keeping Reigns busy for that amount of time. I'd like him to full embrace his grey area position and feud with many of those guys listed before.

Other than that it is impossible to tell what we get next year. If they do Goldberg again i am not even sure who he faces other than Cena or HHH. Neither is that compelling to me, though I would assume Cena could make it good. I really hope Styles is in a big title match next year. I don't think it will happen, but I'd love to see Dragon back in the ring for a proper send off.

He hasn't though. Except for the Cena Extreme Rules match, that was his best WWE match imo. Maybe just maybe Reigns and Cena are actually good.

His 3 way with Rollins and Punk was really good as was his Punk match. The Taker stuff was good. He hasn't had many other guys as opponents. No one's getting a great one out of HHH, the Goldberg series was very short though they did the best they could with it and Orton's Orton.

• 2 weeks later...

Observer:

It was noted to us that moving Reigns, which was evidently still under discussion of late, would have also required moving both Braun Strowman and Brock Lesnar, since the companys key summer storylines revolved around Strowman working on top against Reigns, leading to Lesnar, and keeping alive Reigns vs. Lesnar as the top program with the idea of keeping them apart as long as possible, with the idea being WrestleMania.

• 2 months later...

So the scuttlebutt is that Reigns vs Lesnar is being moved up to SummerSlam and Reigns vs Cena may take its place at Mania. To a lesser extent I have also seen rumors that they were going to hold off Styles vs Nak for mania and now may move that up. None of that is particularly surprising, but if we get Reigns vs Cena at SS, what do we get from Brock at mania....?

vs Joe (blowoff to a long term feud)?

vs AJ?

vs Nak?

vs Balor?

vs Braun ?

vs Rollins?

vs Cass?

vs Bray?

Reigns vs Cena for the title (esp for #17) sounds awesome. As much as Brock/Reigns II will be great, I am no sure there is a bigger main event they could do. If they do it right they will get the crowd face-melting hot for this.

Brock vs Braun sounds good, but Brock vs AJ or Joe (again, if the first one goes well and they slow build it) would be preferable to me. I am imagining they are thinking more about Braun though.... maybe even Cass if they really do love him as much as the rumors indicate, but I really hope that isn't in the cards for 'mania.

I loved reigns Lesnar 1 it was a perfect storm of a buildup both on screen and behind the scenes with Brock resigning a few days before mania and the whole royal rumble reaction and bryan match at fastlane comming after the punk "make roman look strong" comments. The sense of a huge match was all over that match and i do not think it will be possible to create that again for reigns lesnar 2. That is not to say that i am not looking forwards to it, it should be great but i am not sure if it could be as great as the first time due to the surrounding curcumstances.

As for Cena reigns have they wrestled each other in singles yet and if so was it pre sheild break up as i am not sure if they have. I can just imagine cena cutting promos around the idea of reigns being his replacement and Cena just saying that reigns aint replacing shit, stuff like that. I am getting goosebumps thinking about it.

if they move reigns lesnar 2 forwards to summerslam then when does lesnar strowman happen? they love the idea of that match and so do i, rumble maybe? Cena reigns has to happen at a maina there is no other stage for that matchup but if it is 34 or 35 is the intersting one depending on cenas commitments in other places.

Reigns vs. Cena would also be the first time in years that Cena would receive a full blown face reaction.

Would going up against Cena and Cena going for the record BREAKING title reign push some fans to Roman though? I am not really sure. I think they could wind up with a split and very passionate crowd.