WrestleMania 34 - Card Speculation Thread

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#41 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4067 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 10:29 AM

Yeah I would prefer Cena/Reigns at mania next year (nothing against Lesnar/Reigns).  At this point unless they build up Nak or Braun, etc more it's the last big fresh money match WWE has left

#42 ragemaster

ragemaster
  • Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 10:45 AM

Still think Joe wins the title at great balls, with interference from Braun.

Setting up Brock vs Braun for Summerslam.

Brock wins it back or wins the rumble, to set up wrestlemaina's Brock vs Reigns.

#43 Gutenberger

Gutenberger

The German

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Interests:Pro Wrestling (obviously), Football (The european version),
    Reading, Video Games, TV-Series, Movies, Comicbooks. . .

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:25 AM

Reigns vs. Cena would also be the first time in years that Cena would receive a full blown face reaction.

#44 Richeyedwards

Richeyedwards
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:32 AM

I loved reigns Lesnar 1 it was a perfect storm of a buildup both on screen and behind the scenes with Brock resigning a few days before mania and the whole royal rumble reaction and bryan match at fastlane comming after the punk "make roman look strong" comments. The sense of a huge match was all over that match and i do not think it will be possible to create that again for reigns lesnar 2. That is not to say that i am not looking forwards to it, it should be great but i am not sure if it could be as great as the first time due to the surrounding curcumstances.

As for Cena reigns have they wrestled each other in singles yet and if so was it pre sheild break up as i am not sure if they have. I can just imagine cena cutting promos around the idea of reigns being his replacement and Cena just saying that reigns aint replacing shit, stuff like that. I am getting goosebumps thinking about it.

if they move reigns lesnar 2 forwards to summerslam then when does lesnar strowman happen? they love the idea of that match and so do i, rumble maybe? Cena reigns has to happen at a maina there is no other stage for that matchup but if it is 34 or 35 is the intersting one depending on cenas commitments in other places.

#45 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4067 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 08:48 AM

also Reigns going in as champion and facing Cena enables them to avoid Roman having to win the Rumble or another # 1 contender match at the Feb PPV.  It would make things a lot easier on them creatively

#46 CapitalTTruth

CapitalTTruth
  • Members
  • 770 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:29 PM

Reigns vs. Cena would also be the first time in years that Cena would receive a full blown face reaction.

Would going up against Cena and Cena going for the record BREAKING title reign push some fans to Roman though? I am not really sure. I think they could wind up with a split and very passionate crowd.

#47 supersonic

supersonic
  • Members
  • 708 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:10 AM

Cena vs. Joe perhaps?

#48 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4067 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:12 AM

Meltz says that Roman v Brock has been moved up to Summerslam.  Thinks they may do Cena v Reigns at mania

#49 jcmmnx

jcmmnx
  • Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:40 AM

Hopefully that means Stroman/Brock at Mania because that match better damn well happen at some point.

#50 Jmare007

Jmare007
  • Members
  • 1173 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:47 AM

Least shocking development in while by WWE.

#51 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43387 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:12 AM

I can see many of the more obnoxious hardcore types labeling Cena-Reigns the most "we-don't-give-a-shit-what-you-think" main event ever and rejecting the match outright. The Cena hate seems to have softened a lot, so maybe not. Prediction: The match will be awesome and get nowhere near the credit it deserves.

#52 El-P

El-P
  • Members
  • 8734 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:19 AM

I see the exact opposite : Cena will get cheered like crazy by the hardcores, the match will be your typical Mania self-conscious epic with tons of finisher spamming/kick outs but people will rave about it anyway, lamenting that this won't get enough credit compared to the latest NJ Dome show main event. ;)

#53 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4067 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:25 AM

as I mentioned earlier this certainly makes things a lot easier creative wise for WWE.  Now they don't have to have Roman win the Rumble again or have him win another multi man contenders match.  The Cena/Reigns story tells itself.  The established guy going against the new guy, Cena going for the title record, both splitting the crowds, etc.  Glad they changed plans here

now Roman has the title every week on Raw.  Most likely defending against the Balor, Rollins, Wyatt types, probably Braun as well

#54 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43387 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:29 AM

There's also that if they do the title change at Summerslam, there are ways they can keep Joe involved in the top mix doing programs with both Reigns and Lesnar, and Joe-Lesnar doesn't have to be a one-and-done.

#55 LowBlowPodcast

LowBlowPodcast
  • Members
  • 2510 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:59 AM

Is the best case scenario something along the lines of...

Cena vs Roman

Brock vs Samoa Joe (Prefer this over Braun)

AJ vs Nakamura

#56 Richeyedwards

Richeyedwards
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:23 PM

If you just go to some of the more umm unsightly parts of the wrestling internet such as wrestling forum or reddit you get a lot of whining about roman headlining again or that if they do that match is should be done on a lesser show. What other show would you do a match that huge. Why would wwe put up a first time match between two of their top stars and the two that everyone knows are the top guy and the heir to that position, why would they put that match on fastlane as some twit on reddit sugested. Of course it should main event the biggest show of the year. Do they really think that while awsome nakamura vs aj would be a bigger match? God it is annoying.

But on a more positive note lesnar vs roman we have less of a wait and if roman wins we can get a title reign with him vs braun and matches with joe who beat him to set up the gbof match. I guess a seth match and a dean match. I think that there could be a brock rematch at some point. That is of course sugessting that roman wins.

#57 jcmmnx

jcmmnx
  • Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:22 PM

I don't see how they can leave the belt on Brock post Summer Slam with Monday Night Football coming back. They need the champ on tv every week.

#58 sek69

sek69

Winnipeg Arena's gonna be on fire

• Members
  • 10272 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 03:41 PM

The main reason the hardcores softened on Cena was him no longer being the main focus, which had the added benefit of allowing his matches to be booked more logically instead of "Super Cena wins again" that annoyed them.

#59 supersonic

supersonic
  • Members
  • 708 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:52 PM

I don't see how they can leave the belt on Brock post Summer Slam with Monday Night Football coming back. They need the champ on tv every week.

The band aid that will fail:

20140529_Shield_LIGHT_HP.jpg

#60 Zoo Enthusiast

Zoo Enthusiast
  • Members
  • 1128 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:23 PM

So what's the current talk? Is it still Brock/Braun, Cena/Reigns, AJ/Nak?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users