Pro Wrestling Only

[2017-03-05-Stardom] Kairi Hojo & Yoko Bito vs Hiroyo Matsumoto & Jungle Kyona

donsem43

This is for BY Ho's Goddesses of Stardom tag titles as they are challenged by rising star Kyona and veteran freelancer Matsumoto. Like both of her other two title matches from earlier this year, the match is built around making Jungle Kyona look like a major player in the promotion. Again, while there are times where her work isn't smooth and her inexperience shows, she still manages to look like she can hold her own. Hiroyo looked great here too. It shows you how she's a super underrated tag worker she is when she already has two great tag title matches this year with completely different women in both matches. The finish is well done as the match is held in Kyona's hometown so the crowd really gets behind her during the nearfalls and the eventual win. ****1/4

• 2 months later...

I absolutely loved this match. Kyona and Hojo just lay into each other here (as they did in a singles match earlier in the year). Jungle as the rising star willing herself to the next level, Hojo & Bito as the relative veterans who aren't going to let the youngster ascend just yet, and Matsumoto as a sort of big sister all play this perfectly. It's one of the most emotionally satisfying wrestling matches I've seen in a while and, as it stands, it's in my top 5 for the year anywhere in the world. ****3/4, if pressed.

• GSR changed the title to [2017-03-05-Stardom] Kairi Hojo & Yoko Bito vs Hiroyo Matsumoto & Jungle Kyona