Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-03-18-Osaka Pro] Super Delphin & Tsubasa & Masato Yakushiji vs Dick Togo & Black Buffalo & Daioh QUALLT

Loss

Togo, Buffalo and QUALLT are heel's heels, which makes this a solid match. They go with the tried and true Southern tag formula, which almost always works, although this match would probably come off a little better in a slightly bigger venue. Togo has been working with Delphin and Yakushiji for years and it shows by how smooth all of their exchanges are, although they still manage to make everything look hard-fought. Osaka Pro is largely a promise unfulfilled at this point, even with some very good matches. I think the missing piece is atmosphere, as the work has been consistently good. ***

Really nice six man showing that between this group and Torymon, Japanese junior indies were in great shape in 2000. Delphin and Togo are such natural pairings and this match has the perfect compliments to both sides. Black Buffalo in particular is someone that is always a welcome addition to any match he is in. Delphin plays the FIP which is a natural fit and everything about this has a campy fun vibe including the arena. ***1/2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This somehow turns into a 2 on 3 match when Tsubasa gets taken out. That's fine because the heels do a really good job, especially Dick Togo. I could watch him and Yakushiji wrestled all day. Yakushiji takes a chair to the end during a tope that looked sick. Delphin was working at a face pace and Black Buffalo did a good job too. Fun match.

• 7 months later...

LOV do a great job attacking the Sekigun members at the bell and laying out Tsubasa with a piledriver on the outside.

Yakushiji changed his gear from the previous Peter Pan outfit he wore the couple of times I saw him in the late 90's in Michinoku Pro and is now dressed like Bruce Lee in Game of Death.

I like how Loss' puts Osaka Pro as a promise unfulfilled at this point. That's an on point observation and that one could say was their entirety as they always had high points, but they weren't high and always seemed like they could be better than they were.

Watching Black Buffalo and Togo working regularly as LOV members, I kinda wish they would have been Crazy MAX members. I think a leader like Togo would have been ideal to carry Crazy MAX in the early days with CIMA being second in command as he continued to develop with Buffalo in the TARU role in the matches and TARU stayed as a second which is where he excels.

These Osaka crowds hurt these a bit as they're generally silent the majority of the time in the matches we've seen this far.

I thought Togo and Delfin looked the best here. Delfin is a guy I prefer in multi man matches than in singles because his singles usually feel repetitive a lot of the time.

This was fun, but it never hit the next level for me. I did dig the finish as it had them go out without going into overkill with a few false finishes before the big counter pin out of nowhere.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-03-18-Osaka Pro] Super Delphin & Tsubasa & Masato Yakushiji vs Dick Togo & Black Buffalo & Daioh QUALLT