Photo

Low Ki & Mercury vs Ric Blade & TCK (CZW X-Spelled 03/18/00)

LOW KI WOTD

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 42983 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:07 PM

So if you'd like to see a lot of wrestlers attempt to cripple themselves with nutty bumps, both intentionally and unintentionally, this is the match for you. TCK messes up a dive to the outside, which sets off a tragedy of errors that culminates in Low Ki falling off a ladder and hitting the apron in one of the scariest moments I've ever had as a wrestling fan, even watching 17 years later and knowing he is okay. Think I've seen the most insane moment of the match? Nope, think again. The next huge moment sees Ric Blade do a legdrop from the top of a basketball goal through a table. What the hell was wrong with these guys? This just about gave me a heart attack. I can't watch this one again. 

#2 hammerva

hammerva
  • Members
  • 1519 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:30 PM

Is this the show that Low Ki got pissed off at CZW and had to be physically removed from the building.  I know it was during the Ric Blade feud but not sure when

#3 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 42983 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:32 PM

In front of fans? That didn't happen here. But this did:

https://twitter.com/...005959630557184

#4 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 42983 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:40 PM

Actually looking into it, I think it was this match. He didn't work CZW again until 2012.

#5 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 42983 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:42 PM

More info: http://botchamania.c...i-high-demands/

#6 Mrzfn

Mrzfn
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:18 PM

I watched that bit you put on twitter... that clip needs a serious warning label for those with weak hearts, holy crap.

#7 soup23

soup23
  • Moderators
  • 8775 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:06 AM

This is a weird venue for CZW to run as due to their hardcore style, they generally stayed out of the school looking gyms. Hat guy is still hanging out at this show. I am unfamiliar with Mercury and TK. Blade continues to be spotty as all hell but has better execution in the two matches of 2000 we have seen than I would have imagined. TK doesn’t have the same luck as he botches a dive off of Blade’s back to the floor. Mercury hits a good asai moonsault onto the floor and Blade adds a diving swantom. Ki has an insanely scary botch where he climbs to the top of the ladder and tries a phoenix splash but it gives way and he comes crashing to the apron. Match goes straight into the finish run with kicks and bombs. Ki was able to shrug off the botch and hit a good half and half on TK. Blade does a dive off the top of the basketball goal which was completely nutty. That may honestly be my spot of the year so far. Just nuts. TK inside gives Ki a superplex through a table which looked good but was no comparison to what we just witnessed. PInfall is a mess as Ki gets counted out even though he kicks out. Ki’s music even fires up. Match was a mess for the most part and probably could be slimmed down to the Blade spot off the basketball goal. *3/4

#8 Migs

Migs
  • Members
  • 1007 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 09:34 AM

Overheard: "Break his arm and beat him the fucking stump!" during a wristlock.

That Ki botch was brutal. It's so 2000 that he's like, "I know what I'll do to fix this - hit Blade super hard in the head with a chair!" 

Ric Blade jumping off a basketball hoop might be the most amusing place he jumped off, and only the 8th dumbest.

Then they botch the pinfall and the music as well. This sucked.

#9 Migs

Migs
  • Members
  • 1007 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 09:36 AM

That's an amazing story.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users