Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV March 20 - 26

The Thread Killer

Watching Triple H's incredibly long promo tonight, it struck me...it's a good thing he's always lecturing the fans about how much they cheer and support Seth Rollins. Based on the crowd reactions when his name comes up, I think they'd forget, otherwise.

Also, I'm really hoping Braun Stroman gets added to the Reigns/Taker match, otherwise I fear for the trainwreck that might ensue.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean sure Braun can still win the Andre the Giant memorial battle royal but does that really matter?

Well, it hasn't mattered for The Big Show, Cesaro or Baron Corbin, so I suppose not.

I figured it was just a way to get people onto the Wrestlemania card. Which if you're one of the people they've been building TV off of would feel terrible to be included in.

Having the point of Hunter's promo be that Seth needed the cheers of the crowd because he's insecure was so meta it made my head spin.

Plus nothing makes folks want to sit through a three hour show like starting off with another long Steph browbeating segment.

Braun is fine. They aren't going to add him to the Taker/Reigns match but he & Big Show will probably toss out everyone else in the Andre battle royal and then face off and Braun will win. He's going to be in the main event picture following Mania. I mean ya'll do realize the monster heel can't stay undefeated forever right? There was no one better for Braun to drop his first loss against than Roman since he's the top guy on Raw.

A loss to Sami Zayn or Finn Balor would have been way worse for his "credibility" regardless of whatever you want to say about how it should have been used to create the next top babyface. They aren't GOING to try & go crazy to push another top babyface because they've finally gotten comfortable with Reigns getting the Cena split crowd reactions. Say whatever you want about Roman but rarely do you have a crowd as hot at the end of a 3 hour Raw as they were for the match with Braun last night.

I loved the very end with Taker realizing he'd fucked up by turning his back on Roman and knowing he was gonna get hit with that Spear.

I mean, I get the fear of Braun getting lost in the shuffle considering the recent history of other monster heels (specially Rusev) but I still think he's fine. He needs one promo and a couple of weeks destroying everybody again to get right back were he was, he's that good.

This was a fucking horrible show btw. Haven't watched a full RAW live in months, tuned in just for the curiosity of the Brooklyn crowd after the Paige/Xavier leaks and was shocked how uninteresting everything felt to me, specially 2 weeks before Mania. I tuned out after the brief New Day pre-taped segment and I wanted to see Braun vs Reigns II live, but everything was so unbearably boring that I couldn't take it anymore. They did nothing to regain me as a weekly TV viewer - not that it matter one bit though - it was kinda depressing as fan of wrestling tbh, back to reading results and checking shit out on dailymotion I guess (plus watching big PPVs) I guess.

This was a fucking horrible show btw. Haven't watched a full RAW live in months, tuned in just for the curiosity of the Brooklyn crowd after the Paige/Xavier leaks and was shocked how uninteresting everything felt to me, specially 2 weeks before Mania. I tuned out after the brief New Day pre-taped segment and I wanted to see Braun vs Reigns II live, but everything was so unbearably boring that I couldn't take it anymore. They did nothing to regain me as a weekly TV viewer - not that it matter one bit though - it was kinda depressing as fan of wrestling tbh, back to reading results and checking shit out on dailymotion I guess (plus watching big PPVs) I guess.

I decided ahead of time that I would watch the whole show because I wanted to be up to date on all the latest storylines and angles going into Wrestlemania. I figured with two weeks to go, this show might be loaded with hype, but at least it would be fast paced and would bring me up to speed on everything going on with the RAW brand. I tried, I really tried but I just couldn't sit through it. Starting right off the hop with the grating Stephanie promo, I just kept feeling the overwhelming urge to change the channel. 3 hours of that is just too damn much for me.

Braun is fine. They aren't going to add him to the Taker/Reigns match but he & Big Show will probably toss out everyone else in the Andre battle royal and then face off and Braun will win. He's going to be in the main event picture following Mania. I mean ya'll do realize the monster heel can't stay undefeated forever right? There was no one better for Braun to drop his first loss against than Roman since he's the top guy on Raw.

A loss to Sami Zayn or Finn Balor would have been way worse for his "credibility" regardless of whatever you want to say about how it should have been used to create the next top babyface. They aren't GOING to try & go crazy to push another top babyface because they've finally gotten comfortable with Reigns getting the Cena split crowd reactions. Say whatever you want about Roman but rarely do you have a crowd as hot at the end of a 3 hour Raw as they were for the match with Braun last night.

I loved the very end with Taker realizing he'd fucked up by turning his back on Roman and knowing he was gonna get hit with that Spear.

This is all I saw of the show and it looked more like he was dreading having to take a bump and it didn't read like that to me at all, since Taker has been around for 300 years and never had a reaction like that before.

That's an exceptionally bad reading of the situation.

Considering that reaction never happens in WWE except for comedy, it's seems pretty weird to add that "oh I fucked up" element of storytelling when Taker didn't even have a reason to turn around other than to get hit by the spear. If he knew it was coming, he could have just...not turned around and exited the ring.

He showed up to confront Roman Reigns. Braun tried to fuck with him so he had to deal with him & that caused him to turn his back on Reigns. Leaving the ring would have made him look far worse than registering that "aw shit I fucked up" before turning around.

in fairness Zayn has been directionless for most of the time since the draft. He had the program with Braun but not much else. He was going to go with Jericho but injuries and the breakup of JeriKO stopped that

He's been directionless since getting called up. All they've had for him is give him a few matches with KO every few months.