Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-03-24-AJPW] Kenta Kobashi & Kentaro Shiga vs Yoshihiro Takayama & Takao Omori

Loss

Shiga had a good showing here. Between this and the Akiyama match, he's having a nice, semi-quiet 2000 so far. Kobashi cedes most of the match to him, which probably sacrifices some quality, but also is an admirable choice for helping Shiga get some ring time and attempt to get over. I love the slowness of Takayama's German suplex at the finish. Solid match. ***

I liked this a good deal. No Fear is able to show their dominance over Shiga and their equality with Kobashi. Shiga is able to put in a strong performance proving himself to his Burning stablemates. Overall, All Japan continues to feel like a slow march to the split but with No Fear really rolling now, Kobashi still being great and some young talent stepping up, the future does feel sort of optimistic. ***1/2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I very much like this kind of match that is so typical for "King's Road" booking, that you would not see in many promotions in the world (at least it would not be the main story of the match): 1+4 vs. 2+3. This is so easy to do and is almost everytime entertaining.

• 4 weeks later...
  • GSR changed the title to [2000-03-24-AJPW] Kenta Kobashi & Kentaro Shiga vs Yoshihiro Takayama & Takao Omori