Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 3/27 - 4/2

stro

I skipped Raw, but I did see the Taker/Roman segment. Roman's promo was dope. Taker's on tron promo was hilariously bad, made sure to get in the WM tag line, and he looked like he was the shrunken head guy from Beetlejuice.

I watched Smackdown and was in a state of confusion that AA and Usos are relegated to the pre show battle royal, that Rhyno is getting a WM payday in 2017, and that the last thing before WM was a nearly 20 year old clip from Austin's Titan Tron directly into "AND NOW, CHRISLEY KNOWS BEST".

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched Smackdown and was in a state of confusion that AA and Usos are relegated to the pre show battle royal, that Rhyno is getting a WM payday in 2017, and that the last thing before WM was a nearly 20 year old clip from Austin's Titan Tron directly into "AND NOW, CHRISLEY KNOWS BEST".

While it is really stupid that the Smackdown tag titles are not being defended at Wrestlemania, it is more offensive that right now Luke Harper doesn't have a WM match at all. Some people think they will re-unite with the wyatts and interfere but I don't know on that

Luke really is great and if you watched various shows in 2014, you'd really think he was going to be a huge breakout star in 2015- on, and then...nothing. Right now he's in great shape and getting a go home match against the champ before WM seems like it should be a big deal, but it doesn't seem like audiences buy him at all in the position he's in even with strong performances.

btw, I have this feeling that Hunter is winning Sunday after Joe interferes and this feud continues.

Joe was not listed fo the Battle Royal but Im sure they will have at least some spot for him on the show

I'm sure he'll be involved in Seth-Hunter. And I wouldn't be surprised if that's where Balor returns to even the odds

He won't be in the Battle Royale because that's there for Braun to destroy everyone, eliminate Big Show, and likely toss out Sami last based on the build.

god damn that Cena promo on SD. This company is going to miss him when he finally leaves

It was great, but it makes me laugh how he suddenly starts getting all gangsta when he goes into "Serious John" mode. Also wow has Nikki been absolutely useless in this feud. She's the third best Bella on SD after Maryse and Tyler Breeze.

Nikki's spastic brawls with Natalya were fucking tremendous.

This power couple program has featured some killer contributions from Miz and Cena, but the whole thing could have used a chaotic cat-fight between Nikki and Maryse to send it home strong. Not sure if it'd hold a candle to the Nattie stuff, but it would have been worth a shot.

I know traditional booking would say, "Save it for the big show." But the modern product's wired that way. The audience gets to see all the weapon shots before the big bumps at the PPV. Same deal here. Plus, it's about the only way to have Nikki show any fire. Her trash-talk delivery is the dirt worst. It screams insincerity, and that's one of the last things you want from a babyface performer.

I skipped Raw, but I did see the Taker/Roman segment. Roman's promo was dope. Taker's on tron promo was hilariously bad, made sure to get in the WM tag line, and he looked like he was the shrunken head guy from Beetlejuice.

I haven't seen the show, but I don't know that I could ever confuse Taker for the shrunken head guy. The Deadman's got a forehead the size of a mini-fridge.

This has been said for close to a decade now when it's Wrestlemania week, I've never agreed with it until now, but.....this doesn't feel like Mania week at all, I feel no hype around it and even though I'll watch the show, it doesn't have any special aura around it.

Agreed. I have zero interest in this card.

Cena & Nikki vs Maryse & Miz could be fun thanks to the bullshit, and maybe the women's multi-match will be decent despite Nia, but this card is chokfull of matches I couldn't care less about, with most of them that will be overlong "epic" affairs, which will be a complete chore to go through.

Lesnar vs Goldy was fine as a one shot, but Lesnar has been garbage for the entire year and Goldy has not worked more than 20 seconds.

AJ vs Shane is a complete disgrace (worst of all will be idiots giving Shane he usual "credit" for "working hard").

Taker has been shit forever and I could live without ever watching Roman Reigns.

The undercard with Jericho vs Owens and HHH vs Reigns are like nap time on paper already.

There's no cool little match, there are only a bunch of boring big matches and useless undercard stuff. The New Day hosting is a nightmarish idea. Andre the Giant Battle Royal. Oh, the excitement.

Even Takeover I have zero desire to watch, after two years of being the really cool part of the week-end, at this point Nak is not that special anymore and him jobbing to Bobby Roode is the formulaic NXT transition of champions just sounds dull as fuck.

I doubt I'll stay awake to watch Mania live, there's no way I'm going through stuff like HHH vs Seth, AJ vs Shane and some of the undercard stuff without FF. That being said, after last year's godawful show, I can't see how this one would manage to be worse. Right ?

They should probably just wind up the company, right? Seems like they've got nothing going for them whatsoever.

To be fair, they did just post nine episodes of Mid-South, so they have that.

I downloaded entire Mid-South TV seasons for free like 10 years ago.

I do agree that some of the Mania build has been lacklustre but they've made Shane vs AJ and Cena/Nikki vs Miz/Maryse seem like really hot matches and those were the bookings people were most critical of. Roman vs Undertaker hasn't had the most eventful build but the atmosphere for them will be electric on the night. I think it'll be a good show.

I'd be more concerned that there is absolutely no hype for NXT this time around.

I don't care about the *booking* of AJ vs Shane. It's Shane McMahon. I don't give a flying fuck about a fucking McMahon in a pro-wrestling match, especially stroking his dick and ego by giving himself the best worker in the company to have his own Mania Moment ™. I was sick of Shane McMahon by SummerSlam 99 when he took that ridiculous stunt bump into a matress in that stupid Test feud. That was 18 years ago. EIGHTEEN YEARS, for fuck's sake. And we're still there.

Like I said, if I watched only one match, it would be Cena & Nikki vs Miz & Maryse, because it will probably be fun. (until the proposal, which will be cheesy and bourgeois and shit. I hope Rusev shows up and ruins it.)

I'd be more concerned that there is absolutely no hype for NXT this time around.

Yeah, the rose is definitely off the bloom for me. It's become transparent and predictable. Nak should have been brought up immediately, he lost a lot of luster after one year. His match again Sami was terrific and remains his best WWE match to me. It has only gone downhill since then, he doesn't seem as special anymore. Roode getting the NXT title is the sign they have no plans other than just bringing up the next NJ/TNA/ROH guys they sign, wash, rince, repeat. And Asuka has been wasted, she has no none to work with, I like her a lot but her NXT stint has been totally uninteresting. Give me Asuka vs Charlotte and Sasha instead.

Definitely in the camp that won't be watching live, though, I'll end up watching it all in pieces, bit by bit, over the course of a few days.

I'm not down on the whole card - Goldberg/Lesnar has me curious, Reigns/Taker should have a big match "feel," and I'm actually hoping we do get a marriage proposal out of Cena (the 7-year old in me still loves the Savage/Liz "Match Made in Heaven" build from WM7 to SummerSlam 91').

What has me less excited is just about everything else and, maybe most of all, just how laborious getting through a WrestleMania has become. I'm not even going to bother with the Pre-Show - not because I'm not interested in those matches (I'm typically a fan of SmackDown's women's division, I like Neville, and the Andre Battle Royale is usually fun) but because if I tacked that on my viewing schedule, I'd finish watching WrestleMania around the second night of Passover. I already hate the completist/OCD part of me that is going to have to grin and bear Rollins/HHH and Jericho/Owens.

How would you book Roman/Taker?

I think Roman needs to completely annihilate him. If they want a "star making moment" I think that's the way to go. Then sit back and watch the internet explode.

Reigns should go over after a competitive match. Ideally he hits his big moves cleanly, fails to put Taker away and resorts to heel tactics for the win to cement a turn. Whether that's Shield assistance, a call back to Austin's chair shots at 17 or something similar, I believe that's the most effective outcome here. But apparently the plan is to maintain him as a face in building towards next year. At least as things are penciled in now.