• 7900 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 10:11 PM

Bring back Daniel Bryan to do colour.

#242 Cox

Cox
  • Members
  • 1769 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 10:58 PM

EDIT:  Anyhow, I thought Lenny Leonard was Gabe's on air persona, wasn't it?

No. Gabe used the aliases Chris Lovey and Jimmy Bauer while doing ROH commentary, but Lenny Leonard is somebody else entirely.

#243 SirEdger

SirEdger

Eternal nostalgic...especially about wrestling

• Members
  • 1979 posts
  • Interests:Pro wrestling, fantasy booking, hockey, football, history, UFC, baseball, video games, reading.

Posted 02 September 2017 - 11:45 PM

Thanks for the tip. I was always curious about who those guys were and why they didn't pop up anywhere else and then, I find out it was Gabe all along lol

#244 CapitalTTruth

CapitalTTruth
  • Members
  • 786 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 06:41 AM

Just bring Nigel to smackdown.

#245 sek69

sek69

Winnipeg Arena's gonna be on fire

• Members
  • 10431 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:17 AM

So what's the deal with a bunch of folks in the biz going off on Twitter about internet rumors about JBL leaving?

#246 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4111 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:22 AM

Graves is replacing JBL on Smackdown

#247 C.S.

C.S.
  • Members
  • 1843 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:28 AM

JBL's departure was supposedly in the works since October 2016, before the Mauro situation began.

https://www.si.com/e...-smackdown-live

And Nigel is replacing Graves on 205 Live and Main Event.

#248 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 1066 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:28 AM

So what's the deal with a bunch of folks in the biz going off on Twitter about internet rumors about JBL leaving?

Please expand.

Although, as soon as this story broke I thought it smelled highly fishy.  I wouldn't at all be surprised if this actually was a result of the Mauro Ranallo situation - like Vince asked for his resignation at the time but agreed to put it off for a couple of months so it didn't look like they were caving to pressure from the outside.  At the very least, I don't think he's really quitting to devote more time to charity.  I think he's quitting or being forced out for reasons we don't yet know.  Just my opinion.

#249 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 1066 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:34 AM

JBL's departure was supposedly in the works since October 2016, before the Mauro situation began.

https://www.si.com/e...-smackdown-live

And Nigel is replacing Graves on 205 Live and Main Event.

Hmmm.  So it that story is to be believed, JBL quit because they were pressuring him over making his own travel arrangements and not wanting to spend as much time on the road?  Plausible.

So this means RAW will be Cole, Graves and King Bookah, and SDL will be Phillips, Graves and Saxton?  They're really going to be working Graves into the ground.  Which from a selfish perspective is great, because he's excellent.  I especially enjoy he and Phillips working together.  I have no issue with Nigel working 205 Live because Graves was wasted there anyhow.  Your #1 color guy shouldn't be on your C show.

#250 sek69

sek69

Winnipeg Arena's gonna be on fire

• Members
  • 10431 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:30 PM

Just seeing people like Taz going off about not believing what the mean internet people are saying about the reason JBL is leaving and I haven't heard anything other than what WWE put out,

#251 Johnny Sorrow

Johnny Sorrow
  • Members
  • 4492 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:53 PM

So, "internet people" who totally want to be heard, like all of us, get shade thrown at them about being heard, and then it's " Oh, what's the matter, snowflake?" when wrestlers address you? It's the definition of cowardice and douchebag behavior.
Doesn't matter what the real reason he's leaving is, that sort of shit is the worst.

#252 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 1066 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 12:10 AM

So, "internet people" who totally want to be heard, like all of us, get shade thrown at them about being heard, and then it's " Oh, what's the matter, snowflake?" when wrestlers address you? It's the definition of cowardice and douchebag behavior.
Doesn't matter what the real reason he's leaving is, that sort of shit is the worst.

I've read this quote several times and I'm having a hard time figuring out who you're angry with.  Internet fans for speculating on the "real reason" JBL is leaving? Internet fans for pointing out Taz is bitching about the fans?  Taz for bitching about the fans?

#253 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 4743 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 06:25 AM

The answer is just Taz. It's always Taz.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users