Pro Wrestling Only

Mauro and JBL

sek69

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't read the original source material, but someone on Reddit posted notes from Justin Roberts' book regarding JBL. Basically, "mauro" the same - JBL is a bully whose "razzing" borders on sociopathy.

Also, just thinking of the guys who have had the most to say about JBL vs. those that are his friends - JBL does seem to have a pattern of picking on "weaker" newcomers like Roberts, Styles, and Miz - while I'm guessing JBL didn't try that shit with Eddie or Brock or even any of the second-geners because, like most bullies, its much, much easier to just pick on those that can't defend themselves or have any allies.

Can we start a "JBL is a Vile Piece of Human Garbage" thread or can that honor only be bestowed on JR? I feel like we could fill a few pages worth of examples of him being a scumbag.

Haven't read the original source material, but someone on Reddit posted notes from Justin Roberts' book regarding JBL. Basically, "mauro" the same - JBL is a bully whose "razzing" borders on sociopathy.

Also, just thinking of the guys who have had the most to say about JBL vs. those that are his friends - JBL does seem to have a pattern of picking on "weaker" newcomers like Roberts, Styles, and Miz - while I'm guessing JBL didn't try that shit with Eddie or Brock or even any of the second-geners because, like most bullies, its much, much easier to just pick on those that can't defend themselves or have any allies.

Can we start a "JBL is a Vile Piece of Human Garbage" thread or can that honor only be bestowed on JR? I feel like we could fill a few pages worth of examples of him being a scumbag.

True. On the other hand, Marc Henry ate a sandwich someone in the locker room snuck a turd into. You could start an entire thread on WWE hazing culture going back decades. Like Dave wrote, this is a top-down problem.

not a good day with WWE and former employees who have just released books. AJ Lee revealed she was taken off the road in 2012 for 2 months for turning down a storyline that would spoof her real life battle with bi polar disorder. They were going to shoot a vignette where she would "black out" and make out with a leprechaun (presumably Horny) and "dinosaurs" (presumably Brodus and Tensai)

not a good day with WWE and former employees who have just released books. AJ Lee revealed she was taken off the road in 2012 for 2 months for turning down a storyline that would spoof her real life battle with bi polar disorder. They were going to shoot a vignette where she would "black out" and make out with a leprechaun (presumably Horny) and "dinosaurs" (presumably Brodus and Tensai)

She was already doing the crazy chick angle, I don't think it's a stretch to take that further. Also I'm pretty sure she didn't reveal to the office that she was bipolar, so they were just taking the storyline to the extreme. There's always plenty to blame WWE for, but I don't think "they were trying to spoof her real mental issues" is one of them. Although the best they could come up for her being "crazy chick who jumps from man to man" is not really that much better.

I was more interested in how much of a creep she described her now husband as. A dude with rage issues who became "obsessed" with her because they kissed on screen and eventually wore her down after a year of turning him down. And then they got married. People seem to be talking about the top guy who aggressively courted her but was nice about the rejection and not that Punk refused to take no for an answer for a year until she gave in. That's the kind of shit that gets you fired at a real job. Especially if it's a job where you stand in your underwear next to the person you're refusing to take a no from.

JBL also hazed WCW referee Billy Silverman until he quit the company in late 2001. This has been going on for nearly twenty years without anyone batting an eye.

JBL also hazed WCW referee Billy Silverman until he quit the company in late 2001. This has been going on for nearly twenty years without anyone batting an eye.

Palmer Canon was another; flew himself home during a European tour after being continually harrassed by JBL. I remember Meltzer writing something in the Observer about how Canon had gone through Deep South making low money, and here he was on a European tour which would have given him the biggest payday of his career and he quit on it (and the company) sick of the abuse and grief he was getting.

WWE is basically a company run by sociopaths. I loved Dave answering the "Why do they lie about attendance number when they do a sold-out anyway ?" question by "Some people lie because they are just fucking liars !". I hope some day, someone just expose all the bullshit that takes place over there and that these people finally get theirs. The fact JBL is still employed is absolutely ridiculous.

JBL is problematic for sure, but I think sometimes we put so much heat on guys like JBL and DeMott that it allows the real culprits running the company and giving the orders -- people like HHH and Vince himself -- to do the crime and not have to receive as much of the criticism as they should. The system is specifically set up so that we do that, and then we follow right along. So yeah, the guys who pull the triggers are evil, but the mob bosses are the root of the problem. We should be tying all of this back to Vince Vince Vince.

Of course. But not all people in WWE act that way. Let's not excuse the perpetrators because they're just "part of the system". Yes, the system is fucked up at the top like I said. But so are pieces of shit like JBL and Demott, and they don't have any excuse.

Oh, definitely not excusing them. They are awful. Just saying that there's enough blame to go around. The entire structure of WWE is set up to have proxies able to take falls if a McMahon does something that backfires. As long as people put all focus on the proxies, there is no reason to change because they can just fire someone and say they've fixed the problem.

Would it be an answer to make Mauro head commentator on NXT, and leave Tom Phillips on Smackdown? NXT would see Mauro free of the triple threat of JBL/live TV/screaming headset Vince, which feel like they would all be contributing factors to having a relapse. Plus if that did happen, the NXT taping schedule means he'd be unlikely to miss anything.

What?! NO! No Mauro Ranallo on NXT! I'm kind of hoping Mauro doesn't come back, or if he does, they give him some office job like they gave Joey Styles. I can't stand JBL, there is no excuse for his ridiculous behavior and history of bullying and I hope he gets fired. But Mauro Ranallo is terrible and his voice and commentating style make me want to stick something sharp into my eardrums.

When you're so bad that your commentating makes me wax nostalgic for the smooth tones and eloquent verbiage of Michael Cole, then that means you suck.

If JBL's eventually responsible for Mauro leaving WWE, I'm gonna be pissed. I don't understand why nowadays, someone like JBL needs to act like it's the 80's again and pick on others. This was Mauro's dream to work with WWE and it might be very possible that JBL took that away from him because he likes to act like a prick and Vince won't do anything about it because he loves that kind of antics.

They should not put him on NXT. That would essentially be demoting a guy because a co-worker preyed on his mental illness. Horrible message.

So demoting him to NXT is actually a worse message then what it looks like what is happening now?

I was tired of Mauro act on Smackdown months ago. And Tom Phillips isn't bad. But forcing a person out of company because he can't take bullying "like a man" in their eyes is complete bullshit and would be a million dollar lawsuit in any legit business.

This has to be the end of Be a STAR, right? Any organization that treats WWE as a credible anti-bullying partner will be torn to shreds.

Well if you read JBL's twitter he is using the "I am a heel" to justify it. That has been the typical response from the WWE when there is obvious bullying during these last 4 or 5 years. And unless Mauro can prove that Layfield did this shit outside of a WWE setting that will be how he gets away with it.

Besides the WWE has the best lawyer in the business for shit like this and has chewed up and spit out bigger people than Mauro

They should not put him on NXT. That would essentially be demoting a guy because a co-worker preyed on his mental illness. Horrible message.

So demoting him to NXT is actually a worse message then what it looks like what is happening now?

No, definitely not worse than what's actually happening. Just didn't strike me as a solution.