Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-04-03-WWF-Raw] Big Show vs Rikishi

soup23

With my Foley/HHH/Rock 3 way Mania main event in motion, allow me to fantasy book again and say this should have been a Mania singles match. Rikishi was still hugely over and felt tacked on in the Kane and X-Pac saga. An easy angle could have been formed of Show getting screwed out of the main event picture and Rikishi coming to him and saying he knows he is a funny guy but that his frustration and grumpiness is preventing him from excelling. This could lead to the Mania match with Rikishi winning and Show looking like he is about to boil over but he stops short. This would set up the return match which would be move for move what we have here. Show does the worm two minutes in to a big reaction and then gets an even bigger reaction dancing to Too Cool’s music at the end of the segment. Show needed some rehabbing but it looks silly for him to be so goofy and aloof after getting decimated in the main event of WrestleMania the night before. ½ *

A strange and sudden sharp turn for Big Show. Good to see Rikishi again, as it seemed like he was losing some relevance in the build to Wrestlemania. I know he has a lot of big stuff to come in 2000, so he's hardly out of steam, but still, good to see him again. Big Show was actually great at the comedy they were having him do around this time, but we know his story. Nothing match other than Show doing The Worm, and the crowd gets into it, but it pretty much locks in that he's out of main events for a while. Brian Christopher was so unintentionally annoying in his speaking role there that I enjoyed Show leaving him destroyed.

• 4 months later...

I have no memory of the music Big Show was using around this time, I am so used to the "welllllll" music that it was slightly jarring. Rikishi comes out with 2 Cool. Big Show does show Moonwalking and missed the worm. That was quite the sight. God I love Brian Christopher cackling on the outside. The DQ finish came out of nowhere. This was a nothing match but had a few fun moments. Not sure why Rikishi wouldn't be upset with 2 Cool for causing the DQ.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-04-03-WWF-Raw] Big Show vs Rikishi