Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestlemania

goodhelmet

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neville vs. Austin Aries

Hot opening and some fun high spots around a middle that was perfectly solid but also not particularly compelling. Hot, compact finishing stretch with the 450 and awesome attack on the eye before Neville retains. Probably high on this due to the enthusiasm and the hot finish, but I really dug that attack on the eye.

***1/4

Christ, Neville gut-shotted Aries on that finish. Poor guy. Solid finishing stretch (facial work!) but a bit of a mess on the way from the first highspots to there (wandering around on the apron). Curse of the style.

I wish the current generation of referees were less generic and indistinguishable. I realize WWE considers that desirable.

Christ, Neville gut-shotted Aries on that finish. Poor guy.

And before that he dropped him once straight on the head and once half on the head and half on the neck.

Oh yeah, Neville was already in the slop bucket, I just didn't get to my phone until a bunch of people had noted the suplexes. Not a great night in the annals of safety.