Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 4/4/17 Post-Mania Week

FMKK

I actually think they are going to present AJ as the number 2 star in the company. There was an article by Brandon Howard a few months back that said Styles actually sold more merchandise than Reigns in Dec. of last year. Furthermore he has sold more Merch than either Punk or Bryan at any point in their WWE careers. I think Vince giving him the Shane match was a sign of confidence. If they do switch AJ and Roman I think they will be the collective centerpieces. But I have the feeling they are keeping Roman on Raw. I think they are going to do the Braun rematch at the April 30 PPV

I think that would've been bigger news considering Punk outsold Cena when Cena was still by far the n°1 merch seller in the company. Like, if AJ is drawing to that level I feel it would've had more impact, no?

Then again he got a Mcmahon match and is moving to RAW so that kinda makes sense...

I'm scared they're going to send Rollins to SD for AJ.

They need to send a top heel to SD. With AJ gone there's only Bray and Miz on the heel side.

SD need Rusev and Rusev needs SD. We all win.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Styles goes to Raw as a babyface and Sami Zayn doesn't go to Smackdown, wow does he ever have no role at all. A bigger star filling the great worker babyface role higher on the card shuts him out. Raw is heel heavy just like Smackdown is babyface heavy, so I'm sure some leveling out will happen all around.

One almost silly question (but actually, not that silly) is what's in the future for the Hardy Boys. Broken Matt story redux? Just a couple month reunion tour and retirement? Jeff Hardy is nearing 40, but when he left the company, he was main eventing as a singles star. Hardy may not be everyone's cup of tea and I don't think he's going to be pushed to the moon once the reunion dies down, but 10 years ago, during his first comeback, it was obvious that longtime fans and new fans were behind him. He's got a "name" and credibility, he's got a bit of a "timeless" gimmick and popularity, and he's got a fresh batch of guys to work with - I don't see a title run in his cards, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him challenge for the title in some multi-mans (Elimination Chambers, Money In The Banks, etc.) over the next year or so. Maybe I'm crazy, but even in 2017-2018, Hardy/AJ, Hardy/Reigns, Hardy/Strowman, and odd pairings like Hardy/Zayn or Hardy/Owens are things I want to see as long as Jeff is still capable of at least somewhat good performances.

I actually think they are going to present AJ as the number 2 star in the company. There was an article by Brandon Howard a few months back that said Styles actually sold more merchandise than Reigns in Dec. of last year. Furthermore he has sold more Merch than either Punk or Bryan at any point in their WWE careers. I think Vince giving him the Shane match was a sign of confidence. If they do switch AJ and Roman I think they will be the collective centerpieces. But I have the feeling they are keeping Roman on Raw. I think they are going to do the Braun rematch at the April 30 PPV

I think that would've been bigger news considering Punk outsold Cena when Cena was still by far the n°1 merch seller in the company. Like, if AJ is drawing to that level I feel it would've had more impact, no?

Then again he got a Mcmahon match and is moving to RAW so that kinda makes sense...

Howard's conjecture is based solely on Google Shopping Trends (search interest?). I'm honestly not sure how applicable that data is.

That graph suggests Styles is already roughly four-times the merchandise draw that Bryan was. Maybe the fact is, compared to Bryan, Styles was a better mover of business metrics, such as merchandise (which these Google Trends suggest).

http://www.fightful.com/google-shopping-rankings-wwe-talents-2016-incomplete

I loved Jeff Hardy in 2007-2008 and I'd definitely be open to a Jeff Hardy push. I can't believe he's only 39.

Here's a question, I know he's got a ton of mileage on him, but has Jeff ever been injured? I don't recall him ever needing surgery or kissing time for injuries.

And does he still have 2 (2.5?) wellness strikes against him?

Only twice to my knowledge:

**Broke his leg in a motorbike accident while in TNA (vacating the tag title)

**Hardy was let go/left WWE in 2009 to rest up and recover from a neck injury and herniated discs

Does Wellness apply to part-time wrestlers? I thought that it didn't?