Pro Wrestling Only

Continental Championship Wrestling April/May 1985

GeneJackson95

CCW TV Episode #8

Recorded on April 18th, 1985 at the WTVY Studios in Dothan, AL. in front of a live studio audience

Airing on stations throughout the territory on April 27th, 1985

Hosted by Gordon Solie & Joe Pedicino

Ring Announcer: Rhubarb Jones

(Show opens with footage of Austin Idol defeating Brad Armstrong to move onto the Triple Threat match for the UWF World Title on May 4th in Dallas, TX. We then go to the opening sequence and to the studio with Gordon Solie and Joe Pedicino)

CCWSetSoliePedicino.jpg

Gordon: "We welcome you once again to Continental Championship Wrestling, we have a great show for you this week including an opening match that could be a main event anywhere, a rematch from last Monday night The Southern Boys vs. The Grapplers."

Joe: "That's right, we also have a big main event here as Robert Fuller and Jimmy Golden will defend the CCW Tag Team Titles against the Nightmares."

(The Grapplers come out to the desk)

hqdefault.jpg

Grapplers: "Nightmares?? Why are those Nightmares getting the title shot? Those goofs cost us a match in Columbus, Mississippi and the next time we lay eyes on them they are going to pay for costing us a victory!" (storms off)

==============================================================

SouthernBoys.jpg

MATCH #1-

The Southern Boys (Steve Armstrong/Tracy Smothers) defeated The Grapplers (#1/#2) when the Nightmares came out and distracted the Grapplers allowing Armstrong to get a schoolboy roll up on Grappler #2 for the pinfall. The Grapplers are beside themselves!

NIghtmaresMasked.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS MONDAY NIGHT!!

CCW On Tour 1985

Boutwell Auditorium

Birmingham, AL

Monday April 29, 1985

Bell time- 7:30pm

Main Event

Loser Leaves Town

Steel Cage Match

"Tn. Stud" Ron Fuller

Vs.

"Ugandan Giant"

Kamala w/Tojo Yammamoto

Semi-Main Event

Continental Heavyweight Title

Mr. Olympia

Vs.

"Universal Heartthrob"

Austin Idol w/Johnny V

CCW Tag Team Title

Revenge Match

Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden

Vs.

The Super Destroyers

w/Sir Oliver Humperdink

Southeastern Heavyweight Title

Hercules Hernandez w/Sir Oliver Humperdink

Vs.

Brad Armstrong

Six Man Tag Team Challenge

The Southern Boys/Billy Jack Haynes

Vs.

Ole/Jesse Anderson/Dick Slater

Alabama Heavyweight Title

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley

Vs.

"Dirty White Boy" Tony Anthony

U.S. Jr. Title

"Superstar" Bill Dundee

Vs.

Scott Armstrong

(Card Subject to Change)

=====================================================

COMMERCIAL

MATCH #2-

"Dirty White Boy" Tony Anthony defeated Porkchop Cash after a running clothesline to the back of the head

(VTR- Highlight video of the Great Kabuki----Coming Soon to CCW)

Kabukimist.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Backstage: Charlie Platt is joined by Ole Anderson/Jesse Anderson/Dick Slater)

Ole: "So now you have these 'Southern Boys' taking on the fight for that crippled has-been Bob Armstrong…..well that's just fine, crippling Armstrongs is what we do, we did it to Bob and we'll be more than happy to do it to Steve and that hick Tracy Smothers…and Dickie, what's going to happen to Billy Jerk Haynes?"

Dick: "Billy Jack, I'm going to do what I've done EVERYTIME we've stepped in the ring and that's BEAT YOU! I'm going to beat you and send you back to Oregon that you love so much….and if you ever muster up the guts to put that UWF TV title on the line against me…..it will be mine!!!"

======================================================

MATCH #3-

UWF World TV Champion Billy Jack Haynes defeated Ted Allen with the full nelson

BJH.jpg

COMMERCIAL

(VTR- Austin Idol is in the gym working out and stops to talk to the camera)

Austin_Idol.jpg

Idol: "As you can see, I'm in the gym putting in the work that a guy like Jerry Stubbs doesn't do. You see me putting in the kinda work a fat slob like Dusty Rhodes….doesn't do. You know who else doesn't put in work in the gym like me? That so-called King, Jerry Lawler. I'm heading to Dallas, Texas and I'm going to be the new UWF World Champion! I will be the superior champion in wrestling today…..Ric Flair can't hold a candle to me! Hulk Hogan is a joke! I will be the only true WORLD CHAMPION in the sport today. (flexes his muscles) Someone the kids can look up to……someone the women can swoon over……and someone that other wrestlers can aspire to be. Now if you'll excuse me, this body doesn't happen standing around talking like the 'son of a plumber', or the Burger King. See ya in Dallas, UWF! Your champ is on his way!"

========================================================

(VTR- Highlights are shown of 'Exotic' Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda competing in Mid Atlantic…..COMING SOON TO CCW!")

adrianstreet.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MATCH #4-

Shane Douglas pinned Roy Lee Welch with a belly to belly suplex in a huge upset that the crowd went wild for!

Douglas.jpg

=========================================================

(VTR- Highlights are shown of "Superstar" Bill Dundee winning the U.S. Jr Title tournament to become the new champion)

bd2.jpg

COMMERCIAL

rfuller5.jpg

MAIN EVENT
CCW Tag Team Titles

The Nightmares w/Woman defeated Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden by DQ when the Grapplers ran in and attacked The Nightmares, Fuller/Golden tried to confront the Grapplers but the Super Destroyers hit the ring to attack Fuller/Golden

Solie announces on commentary that Ron West just gave them a note that a Grudge tag match has been added to Monday night's card in Birmingham featuring the Grapplers taking on the Nightmares!

(end of show)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BoutwellAuditorium.jpg

CCW On Tour 1985

April 29, 1985

Boutwell Auditorium

Birmingham, AL

The show opened with Charlie Platt coming to the ring and apologizing but due to a scheduling/travel issue Hercules Hernandez, Brad Armstrong, Mr. Olympia, and Austin Idol would not be here tonight, but both matches that were scheduled for them tonight WILL take place next Monday night here at the Boutwell Auditorium at special REDUCED ticket prices for anyone that shows their ticket stub from tonight!

The Tonga Kid pinned Roy Lee Welch after a top rope splash

The Midnight Rockers (Marty Jannetty/Shawn Michaels) defeated "Golden Boy" Chic Donovan/Carl Fergie when Michaels pinned Fergie after a 'double superkick'

U.S. Jr Heavyweight Title

"Superstar" Bill Dundee pinned Scott Armstrong after pulling a chain from his tights and hitting him behind the referee's back

Special Challenge Match

The Grapplers defeated The Nightmares w/Woman when Woman handed her "loaded purse" to Grappler #1 allowing him to knock out Nightmare #2 and get the pinfall…….Afterwards, Nightmare #1 was questioning Woman when the Grapplers attacked both Nightmares laying them out and unmasking them revealing Danny Davis and Ken Wayne who were left bloodied in the ring as the Grapplers left with Woman

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley pinned "Dirty White Boy" Tony Anthony after a running bulldog to retain the title

Six Man Tag Team Challenge

The Andersons (Ole/Jesse) & Dick Slater defeated Billy Jack Haynes/The Southern Boys (Steve Armstrong/Tracy Smothers) when Ole Anderson made Steve Armstrong submit to an armbar

After the match, 'Bad to the Bone' played over the P.A. system and "Bullet" Bob Armstrong made his way to ringside with a neckbrace on….he grabbed the mic and challenged Ole Anderson to a one on one match "RIGHT HERE NEXT WEEK", Ole took another mic and said, "It will be my pleasure to finish crippling you RIGHT HERE NEXT WEEK!"…..'Bullet' Bob removed the neckbrace and said, "It will be your funeral!" as 'Bad to the Bone' plays once again as the BJH/Bob and the Southern Boys head back down the aisle

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Continental Tag Team Titles

Revenge Match

Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden went to a 30 minute time limit draw with The Super Destroyers w/Sir Oliver Humperdink

MAIN EVENT

STEEL CAGE MATCH

LOSER LEAVES TOWN

"Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller pinned "Ugandan Giant" Kamala w/Tojo Yammamoto after hitting Kamala with his cowboy boot……………Afterwards, while Fuller was celebrating, The Great Kabuki came in and spraying Fuller in the eyes with the green mist and Kabuki and Kamala worked over Fuller until Robert Fuller and Jimmy Golden came in with baseball bats for the save

CCW On Tour 1985

The Fairgrounds

Scottsboro, AL

Friday May 3, 1985

Bell time- 8pm

Shane Douglas pinned Roy Lee Welch after a 'Belly to Belly Suplex'

Jesse Anderson defeated Porkchop Cash after rolling him up with a handful of tights

The Midnight Rockers (Shawn Michaels/Marty Jannetty) beat Carl Fergie/Ted Allen when Jannetty pinned Allen after a fist drop out of the corner off Michaels shoulders

U.S. Jr Title

"Superstar" Bill Dundee pinned Scott Armstrong with his feet on the ropes

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden defeated The Grapplers w/Woman by DQ when Grappler #1 hit Golden with Woman's purse in front of referee Ron West

MAIN EVENT

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley pinned "Dirty White Boy" Tony Anthony with a running bulldog

CCW On Tour 1985

Civic Center

Oxford, AL.

Saturday May 4, 1985

Bell time- 8pm

The Tonga Kid pinned Ted Allen after a top rope splash

The Grapplers w/Woman defeated The Midnight Rockers (Michaels/Jannetty) when Grappler #2 pinned Jannetty after hitting him with Woman's loaded purse behind the referee's back

"The Dirty White Boy" Tony Anthony pinned Shane Douglas after running elbow drop to the back of the head

U.S. Jr. Title

Scott Armstrong pinned "Superstar" Bill Dundee after a 'Superkick' to win the championship

Ole Anderson/Jesse Anderson defeated The Southern Boys (Armstrong/Smothers) when Ole pinned Smothers with his feet on the ropes

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley pinned "Dirty" Dick Slater with a small package

MAIN EVENT

Hercules Hernandez pinned "Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller after he hit Fuller with a steel chair while referee Ron West was down after being struck by accident by Fuller

I thought the opening to the show at the Boutwell was very interesting. Was their really a scheduling conflict or was this just a way to get people to pay twice; even if it was at a reduced price!

As for the actually wrestling portion..... spot on as always. A perfect Southern Wrastlin Promotion! Hercules is rising into a top heel here! Between him and Austin Idol, the baby faces are going to have their hands full!

CCW TV

Recorded on May 2, 1985 at the WTVY Studios in Dothan, AL. in front of a live studio audience

Airing on stations throughout the territory on May 4th, 1985

CCWSetSoliePedicino.jpg

(The show opens with highlights of Austin Idol winning the Johnny Rougeau Memorial Cup with clips of him defeating Takada in Round 1, Duggan in Round 2, Dibease in the Semi-finals, and Rick Martel in the finals to win the cup…the final scene is a freeze frame of Idol holding up the cup…..We then go to the normal opening sequence and to the desk with our hosts Gordon Solie and Joe Pedicino)

Solie: "Hello and welcome once again to Continental Championship Wrestling and we come to you as always here in the WTVY studios here in Dothan, Alabama and we have a great show in store for you here this week."

Joe: "We certainly do, a big main event for you here today as well, we will hear for the first time in weeks from the man who returns to Birmingham this Monday night for revenge on Ole Anderson, of course I'm referring to the one and only "Bullet" Bob Armstrong!"

Solie: "That's right, we'll also see the Nightmares in action and hear what they have to say after being betrayed by Woman and unmasked by the Grapplers!"

('Superstar' Bill Dundee storms the set)

bd2.jpg

Gordon: "Mr. Dundee, how can we help you?"

Dundee: "Gordon Solie, that skinny little punk Scott Armstrong stole my championship and I promise you…..I PROMISE you that Monday night I'm going to take back the U.S. Jr championship and I'm going to hurt him in the process and this geek in the ring right now is going to pay the price for it as well!"

==========================================================

MATCH #1-

"Superstar" Bill Dundee pinned Denny Brown after a "Bombs Away" splash from the top rope

(VTR- Bob Armstrong is standing in a gym with a microphone)

2995492535_1_3_RXvkkyqt.jpg

Bob: "You know Ole Anderson…..I spent a lot of time in a hospital bed thinking about what I would do to you if I ever got my hands on you again……eventually I was able to get back in the gym and work out and I've spent every minute of it thinking about what I would do to you if I ever got my hands on you…..well the time for thinking is over…..the time for talking is over…Monday night in Birmingham…..vengeance will be mine, Mr. Anderson and may the good Lord forgive me for the things I plan to do when I get my hands on you!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe: "Strong words from Bob Armstrong and think we all know….he means it!"

Gordon: "Indeed he does and Ole Anderson is getting ready to harvest the seeds he's sown in recent months. We're going to take a commercial break and come back with the Nightmares."

COMMERCIAL

MATCH #2-

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) defeated Carl Fergie/Ted Allen when they executed their double team finish where Davis tombstones Allen and Wayne comes off the top with a legdrop for the pinfall

(Davis/Wayne join Gordon at the desk)

NightmaresUnmasked.jpg

Gordon: "Last week you gentlemen were brutalized by the Grapplers with help from your very own valet, Woman."

Davis: "Mr. Solie, the Nightmares have done a lot of bad things in our day and I know we probably had some bad things coming to us……but Woman had no reason to betray us like that! Not to mention those Grapplers know how sacred a masked wrestler's mask is, they've gone beyond winning and losing….they've gone beyond professional wrestling…..this is so personal I can't even begin to describe it, Mr. Solie."

Wayne: "Well how bout I give it a try Danny, yeah….she turned her back on us…..yeah they gave us the ultimate humiliation unmasking us…..Grapplers, you have no idea the world of hurt you've brought upon yourselves….The Nightmares will be just that…YOUR NIGHTMARES! We will haunt you! We will hurt you! And yes, we will unmask you! Whether it's when you look across that ring, or hear that noise that goes bump in the night….just know it's the Nightmares coming for you and we will make sure everything you put us through, will be visited upon you two fold!"

============================================================

(VTR- "Exotic" Adrian Street and Ms. Linda are standing in front the Mid Atlantic set)

Street: "Well well Ms. Linda, it seems for our first foray into the Continental area they've found some dreadful homeless man living under a bridge to come and try to defeat me in a wrestling ring. Can you believe this man has the audacity to call himself 'handsome'? Well Mr. Valiant, you aren't handsome and you aren't competition for a wrestler such as myself…..in fact I'm sure Ms. Linda could easily defeat you if I wanted her to…..but that won't be needed, I will give you a thrashing and when I'm done with you….I will do what I do best, I will when one of those pretty championship belts to put around my waist…and in the meantime…..just like the song says….imagine….what I could do to you!"

=============================================================

COMMERCIAL

=============================================================

('We are the Champions' by Queen plays throughout the studio as Austin Idol comes to the desk with the Johnny Rougeau Memorial Cup….alone and joins Joe Pedicino)

c82b4bef24a98ab0904626a092b6f3a4.jpg

Joe: "Mr. Idol, congratulations on your huge win…but mysterious by his absence…..Johnny V."

Idol: "First off Pedicino, you're right it was a HUGE WIN….I beat four of the top wrestlers in the world today. If you watched those highlights at the top of the show you will see these guys weren't some chumps like the Armstrongs or Mr. Olympia, these were top notch athletes from across the wrestling world and right now because of that and because of the fact that this is taped and while this airing, I'll be winning the UWF World title LIVE on TBS, Austin Idol is the focus of the pro wrestling world right now. Everybody wants a piece of the heartthrob! Yet, when I was winning the most prestigious cup in wrestling….where was Johnny Valiant? Nowhere to be found because he got himself banned from ringside….too many times Johnny V dropped the ball, just like he did bringing in those goofs John Tatum and Steve Regal…so I put him on the road, he's yesterday's news…outta here!! However, I got a phone call from a LEGEND…..one of the greatest minds in the history of wrestling and he wants to help guide the career of the greatest wrestler in the world today….my new manager…the one….the only…'Classy' Freddie Blassie!'

(Freddie Blassie makes his way out insulting fans on the way to the desk, and he eyeballs Pedicino when he gets there)

FreddieBlassie.jpg

Blassie: "Good lord, you make Jerry Blackwell look like Scott Armstrong…..put the fork down sometimes. Listen, Austin Idol is the greatest specimen in wrestling today….I couldn't have been any more impressed with his performance in that tournament where he won this cup and like he said as I speak, he's winning the UWF World title in Dallas on TBS. Now as for this Monday night….that pencil neck geek Mr. Olympia is going to put the CCW title on the line in a 'Submission Match' against the man with the most dangerous figure four leglock in wrestling and that will be ANOTHER accolade for this man and another belt for him to carry around. Next week, I will introduce you to my other client who will be known as the 'Living Legacy', and he too will dominate these rednecks here in Alabama!"

(Idol and Blassie leave)

================================================================

MATCH #3-

Brad Armstrong pinned "Golden Boy" Chic Donovan after a 'Russian Legsweep'

BradArmstrong.jpg

COMMERCIAL - This week's card

CCW On Tour 1985

'Return of the Bullet'

Monday May 6, 1985

Boutwell Auditorium

Birmingham, AL

MAIN EVENT

Submission Match

Mr. Olympia

Vs.

"Universal Heartthrob"

Austin Idol w/'Classy' Freddie Blassie

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
Grudge Match

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong

Vs.

Ole Anderson

Vs.

WINNER'S OF #1 CONTENDER MATCH

REVENGE MATCH

"Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller

Vs.

The Great Kabuki w/Tojo Yammamoto

Southeastern Heavyweight Championship

Hercules Hernandez

w/Sir Oliver Humperdink

Vs.

Brad Armstrong

RETURN TAG TEAM GRUDGE MATCH

The Grapplers w/Woman

Vs.

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne)

"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda

Vs.

"Handsome" Jimmy Valiant

Fan Favorites Collide/#1 Contender's Match-Winners get title shot that night!

The Southern Boys (Steve Armstrong/Tracy Smothers)

Vs.

The Midnight Rockers (Shawn Michaels/Marty Jannetty)

U.S. Jr. Title

Scott Armstrong

Vs.

"Superstar" Bill Dundee

(CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE)

(PROMO- Charlie Platt is joined by "Tn. Stud" Ron Fuller)

Ronfuller.jpg

Platt: "Ron, last Monday night you managed to defeat Kamala, the Ugandan Giant and run him out of Continental Wrestling but much to your surprise, The Great Kabuki showed up and sprayed you with the green poison mist and the better of you at least for the moment."

Stud: "Charlie, I don't what the heck that green garbage is he spews out of his mouth but it nearly blinded me and this Monday night, Mr. Kabuki is in for the beating of his life because I didn't go through all this with Kamala just to have Tojo Yammamoto bring in another goon to take me down….Kabuki, I got your number this week jack, and Tojo if you stick your nose in there I'm going to shove that kendo stick where the son don't shine boy! The Stud is ready for ya this time and it's not going to be your night when we get to Birmingham on Monday!"

MATCH #4-

MAIN EVENT

The Great Kabuki w/Tojo Yammamoto defeated Scott Casey with the 'Oriental Spike'

The-Great-Kabuki.jpg

Solie: "Thank you for joining once again for Continental Championship Wrestling, we'll see you back here next week!"

© CCW 1985

CCW On Tour 1985

'Return of the Bullet'

Monday May 6, 1985

Boutwell Auditorium

Birmingham, AL

BoutwellAuditorium.jpg

U.S. Jr. Title

"Superstar" Bill Dundee defeated Scott Armstrong after hitting him with a chain behind the ref's back

Fan Favorites Collide/#1 Contender's Match- Winners get a title shot TONIGHT!!

The Southern Boys (Steve Armstrong/Tracy Smothers) defeated The Midnight Rockers (Shawn Michaels/Marty Jannetty) when Smothers pinned Jannetty with a small package…..things were heated for a moment but cooler heads prevailed and all four men shook hands afterwards

"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda pinned "Handsome" Jimmy Valiant as Ms. Linda held Valiant's foot down

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley defeated "Dirty" Dick Slater with a sunset flip to retain the title

RETURN TAG TEAM GRUDGE MATCH

The Grapplers w/Woman fought The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) to a 'NO CONTEST' when both teams were disqualified

Southeastern Heavyweight Championship

Brad Armstrong pinned Hercules Hernandez w/Sir Oliver Humperdink after a 'Russian Legsweep' to win the title

REVENGE MATCH

"Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller beat The Great Kabuki w/Tojo Yammamoto by DQ when Killer Khan hit the ring and they double teamed Fuller until Robert Fuller & Jimmy Golden ran with baseball bats to make the save

Vs.

WINNERS OF THE #1 CONTENDER'S MATCH

TheLongRiders.jpg

This match never got a chance to take place as the Long Riders (Scott Irwin/Bill Irwin) the former Super Destroyers unmasked in Dallas at the David Von Erich Memorial attacked the Southern Boys in the aisle and laid them out….Fuller and Golden came down the aisle and the two teams fought all the way down the aisle and out of sight.

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
Grudge Match

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong beat Ole Anderson by count out when Anderson finally just rolled out of the ring and left ringside. Continental official Charlie Platt came out and announced that next Monday night Bob Armstrong will face Ole Anderson in a LUMBERJACK MATCH…..NO COUNTOUT, NO DQ…THERE MUST BE A WINNER! Armstrong grabbed the mic and said that Continental Wrestling isn't big enough for Bob Armstrong and Ole Anderson so he formally requests this match also be…..LOSER LEAVES TOWN!

MAIN EVENT

Submission Match

"Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol w/'Classy' Freddie Blassie defeated Mr. Olympia by submission with the 'Las Vegas Leglock' to regain the championship…..Olympia came to the ring with a noticeable limp from where Idol chop blocked him in his match against Rick Rude over the weekend in Canada……Idol went after the leg the whole match and eventually distracted the referee allowing Blassie to break his cane over the knee of Olympia leading to the eventual submission.

WOW! So much going on here! Valiant out, Blassie in, Brad over Hercules, a loser -leave town match set up for next week but I think my favorite part was the promo by Adrian Street.

Without a doubt my favorite read! I just love Southern Wrastlin and you do it perfectly.

Idol is so hot right now that all eyes are on Alabama! Birmingham is turning into the wrestling capital and Apter is going to buy season tickets to the Boutwell Aud!

Sorry for the delay, I had to go to Arkansas all week for our fiscal year end meeting for work, I plan to catch up on reading and commenting on everyone's shows tomorrow....thanks!

=========================================================================================

CCW TV

Recorded on May 2, 1985 at the WTVY Studios in Dothan, AL. in front of a live studio audience

Airing on stations throughout the territory on May 11th, 1985

CCWSetSoliePedicino.jpg

(Show begins with the usual opening montage, we then go to the desk with Gordon Solie and Joe Pedicino)

Solie: "Hello and welcome to another episode of Continental Championship Wrestling….We have a great card for you here this evening including a HUGE MAIN EVENT 'Tn. Stud' Ron Fuller vs. Killer Khan but first before we get into that, let's hear from 'Cowboy' Bill Watts from the UWF with a couple of big announcements."

(VTR- "Cowboy" Bill Watts is standing in front of a UWF banner)

BillWatts.jpg

Watts: "First of all, I want to thank all of you great fans there in the Continental Wrestling area. We are proud to have you as a part of the UWF and as such we want to have a constant presence in your area and be able to deal with issues as they arise. So, we've appointed Mr. Buddy Wayne to be the UWF rep. for CCW. Now one of the first things that Buddy and myself have come up with is a huge event to take place in Huntsville, Alabama on Sunday May 26th. It will be the first annual UWF Rocket City Rumble. This is going to be a huge card there at the Von Braun Center featuring a rematch of sorts for the UWF World Heavyweight Championship where the champion 'The American Dream' Dusty Rhodes will defend against the #1 Contender and the recent winner of the Johnny Rougeau Memorial Cup, the 'Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol! Also the UWF World Tag Team Champions The Road Warriors will defend the championships against the Continental Tag Team Champions Robert Fuller and Jimmy Golden. Buddy Wayne will reveal the full card very soon right here on television. Once again I want to thank YOU the FANS for making both the UWF and Continental Championship Wrestling the very best wrestling in the Southeast!"

(END VTR)

(As they return from the taped promo, Buddy Wayne has joined Joe Pedicino at the desk)

Joe: "We want to welcome Mr. Wayne to Continental Wrestling."

Buddy: "Thank you Joe, it's great to be here and it's great to be a part of the UWF and I have promised 'Cowboy' Bill Watts that I will do my very best to make CCW the best wrestling promotion it can be."

Joe: "Well we are certainly excited about the huge show coming up in Huntsville on May 26th."

Buddy: "It's going to be a great show in Huntsville, but I'm also very excited about the card this Monday night which I know you and Gordon will be telling the fans about shortly so I'm going to get out of here and you get down to business."

Joe: "Let's go to the ring and get the action going!"

==========================================================================

MATCH #1

Jesse Anderson/Dick Slater w/Ole Anderson defeated Porkchop Cash/Denny Brown when Slater pinned Brown after a piledriver

==========================================================================

(Gordon is joined at the desk by the Andersons and Dick Slater)

Gordon: "Jesse, Dick Slater and yourself will face off this week with the Southern Boys." (Ole grabs the mic)

Ole: "We aren't here to talk about the Southern Boys….we're here to talk about the fact that we have the opportunity to run Bob Armstrong out of here once and for all!"

Gordon: "Hold on Ole, last Monday night you had 'Bullet' Bob one on one and you left ringside, what's going to be different this week?"

Ole: "Now you listen to me, Gordon….that worked out exactly the way I planned it…..it made Armstrong over confident and he was stupid enough to accept a loser leaves town match against me this Monday night in Birmingham. I'm going to get rid of ol' Bob….then we turn our focus on Brad and the rest of those stinkin' Armstrongs….we're going to send ALL of you out of here and it all starts Monday night with YOU, Bob Armstrong!" (Storms away)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Cut to a pre-taped interview with Charlie Platt talking to 'Bullet' Bob and Brad Armstrong)

Platt: "Brad, this Monday night you will have to defend this newly won Southeastern Championship against former champion, Hercules Hernandez."

Brad: "Mr. Platt, it took me a while to get a fair shot at Hercules but last week I finally got it and I took this Southeastern title and brought it back to the Armstrong family where it belongs!"

Platt: "Bob, last week you got a measure of revenge on Ole Anderson, but this week there will be lumberjacks to keep him in the ring and if you beat him…..he must leave town."

Bob: "It's not IF Charlie Platt….it's WHEN I beat him….Ole Anderson you've been a thorn in the Armstrong's side ever since CCW reopened and this week I will do everyone a favor and send you packing out of here once and for all….with the lumberjacks at ringside there's nowhere to run, and nowhere to hide this time….your time is up!"

===========================================================================

COMMERCIAL

===========================================================================

Douglas.jpg

MATCH #2-

Shane Douglas pinned U.S. Jr. Champion "Superstar" Bill Dundee after a 'belly to belly suplex' in a non-title match

This was a HUGE upset and the studio crowd went nuts, Dundee was beside himself
============================================================================

(Footage is shown from last Monday night when Blassie cracked Mr. Olympia across the knee allowing Austin Idol to defeat him by submission to regain the Continental Heavyweight Title, we then cut to Gordon Solie w/Austin Idol and Freddie Blassie)

Solie: "Due to the knee injury suffered by Mr. Olympia, he will be out of action for a couple of weeks but he has promised when he returns he will make Mr. Blassie pay for the injury he suffered."

Blassie: "Solie, I got wind of these threats several days ago and I already have a solution for Mr. Olympia and anyone else who wants to threaten me and my safety…..I have acquired a bodyguard, he's known in the bodybuilding world by his given name Ted Arcidi, but I know him by the name he goes by with associates up in Queens, NY….Teddy Muscles!"

(Ted Arcidi comes out and joins them)

tedarcidi191919-249x300.jpg

Idol: "Now that Freddie has protection, I can focus on defending my CCW title and more importantly I can focus on taking MY UWF World Championship from Dusty Rhodes on May 26th in Huntsville, Alabama!"

Austin_Idol.jpg

Solie: "The Rocket City Rumble will be a huge night indeed, let's hear some comments from the UWF World Champion, 'The American Dream' Dusty Rhodes."

(VTR- Dusty Rhodes has the UWF World title draped over his shoulder standing next to the ring in Dallas)

0611-dusty-rhodes-480w.jpg

Dusty: "You know, I hear a lot of big talkin' if you weel from dis Universal Heartthrob, the Austin Idol…..he says he's mo' dedicated than me at liftin' weights……well baby, that may be true. He says that this here belt is HIS title…..well Mista Idol, the fact of tha matta' is, I beat you and Jerry Lawyer to win dis title! I may not be a body builder…..I may not be a king…..but what I am is tha dream, baby…..270 lbs of blue eyed soul who is comin' to tha Rocket City on May tha 26th and I'm gonna be droppin' bionic elbows on yo' dome all night long baby. And if 'Sassy' Freddie Blassie sticks his nose in my bidness if you weel….I'll drop that old man where he stands…..so Huntsville, get ready cause the American Dream is comin' baby, and he's comin to get funky like a monkey on the Austin idol!"

(End VTR)

Idol: "What was all that? THE Austin Idol? He thinks I'm an Idol FROM Austin?? Dusty Rhodes is a fat goof and I'm going to embarrass him and take that title from him and continue my dominance in pro wrestling and once I'm UWF World Champion, I have an open invitation for Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, or any other so called, wannabe 'World' Champion to come to CCW and challenge the winner of the Johnny Rougeau Memorial Cup!"

Solie: "Well this Monday night the top contender to the CCW Title is the Alabama Champion 'Wildcat' Wendell Cooley will challenge for the title."

Idol: "Wendell Cooley, you are just a bump in the road on my way to the World Title and you will fall just like all the rest!"

===================================================================

COMMERICAL- Monday's card for Birmingham

CCW On Tour 1985

"LOSER LEAVES TOWN"

Boutwell Auditorium

Birmingham, AL.

Monday May 13, 1985

MAIN EVENT

Lumberjack/Loser Leaves Town Match

Bob Armstrong

Vs.

Ole Anderson

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Southern Street Fight

Vs.

The Long Riders (Bill/Scott Irwin)

w/Sir Oliver Humperdink

"Universal Heartthrob"

Austin Idol w/'Classy' Freddie Blassie

Vs.

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley

Grudge Tag Team Match

"Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller

Mystery Partner

Vs.

The Great Kabuki

Killer Khan w/Tojo Yammamoto

Southeastern Heavyweight Title- Rematch

Brad Armstrong

Vs.

Hercules Hernandez w/Sir Oliver Humperdink

TAG TEAM REMATCH- NO DQ/NO TIME LIMIT

The Grapplers w/Woman

Vs.

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne)

U.S. Jr Title

"Superstar" Bill Dundee

Vs.

The Tonga Kid

Vs.

Jesse Anderson/Dick Slater

"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda

Vs.

Billy Travis

============================================================

hqdefault.jpg

MATCH #3

The Grapplers w/Woman defeated The Midnight Rockers (Shawn Michaels/Marty Jannetty) when Grappler #1 pinned Jannetty after kicking him with a loaded boot when Woman had Michaels and referee Larry Brock distracted

rockers03.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Backstage Charlie Platt is joined by The Long Riders and Sir Oliver Humperdink)

TheLongRiders.jpg

Platt: "This week you have another rematch with Robert Fuller and Jimmy Golden, but this time it's a 'Southern Street fight'.

Hump: "They've played right into our hands Charlie Platt, a Southern Street fight is exactly what these guys are all about…no rules, no DQ, no countout…..those belts will be riding home on the handlebars of the Irwin Brothers' motorcycles!"

COMMERCIAL

MAIN EVENT

MATCH #4-

"Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller vs. Killer Khan w/Tojo Yammamoto

Match begins in a wild brawl as soon as Fuller stepped between the ropes…..they brawl all over the ring until The Great Kabuki comes in and attacks Fuller which prompts the ref to call for a DQ….they double team Fuller as the bell rings until…….THE MISSING LINK hits the ring and attacks Kabuki and Khan…..

31cfe8407fmissinglink.jpg

the show goes off the air with Fuller/Link brawling with Khan/Kabuki…as Gordon Solie tells us to come to the Boutwell Auditorium to see this match officially take place where there must be a winner

(END OF SHOW)

© 1985 Universal Wrestling Federation/Continental Championship Wrestling

CCW On Tour 1985

"LOSER LEAVES TOWN"

Boutwell Auditorium

Birmingham, AL.

Monday May 13, 1985

"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda defeated Billy Travis by submission with a Boston Crab

The Southern Boys (Steve Armstrong/Tracy Smothers) beat Jesse Anderson/Dick Slater when Smothers pinned Anderson after a missile dropkick off the top rope

U.S. Jr Title

"Superstar" Bill Dundee pinned The Tonga Kid with a school boy roll up and a handful of tights

TAG TEAM REMATCH- NO DQ/NO TIME LIMIT

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) defeated The Grapplers w/Woman when Davis pinned Grappler #2 with a crucifix………After the match the Grapplers attacked the Nightmares and left them in a pool of blood

Southeastern Heavyweight Title- Rematch

Brad Armstrong defeated Hercules Hernandez w/Sir Oliver Humperdink by DQ when Humperdink tripped Armstrong right in front of referee Ron West

Grudge Tag Team Match

The Great Kabuki/Killer Khan w/Tojo Yammamoto defeated "Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller/The Missing Link when Link turned on Fuller allowing Killer Khan to pin him….they triple teamed Ron until Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden ran in with baseball bats and cleared the ring of Tojo's men

Continental Heavyweight Title Match

"Universal Heartthrob"

Austin Idol w/'Classy' Freddie Blassie & Teddy Muscles defeated Alabama Champion "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley when Blassie distracted the referee allowing Arcidi to come in and drop an elbow across the back of the head of Cooley after he had Idol covered for the pinfall and rolled Idol on top for the 1-2-3!

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Southern Street Fight (No Count out/No DQ)

The Long Riders (Bill/Scott Irwin) w/Sir Oliver Humperdink defeated Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden when Khan/Kabuki/Link all three came to ringside and attacked them……Kabuki spewed green mist in Golden's eyes allowing Scott Irwin to get the pinfall to win the tag team titles

MAIN EVENT

Lumberjack/Loser Leaves Town Match

Ole Anderson pinned Bob Armstrong when lumberjack Dick Slater broke a glass bottle of Armstrong's head……UWF Rep. Buddy Wayne came out and announced despite the interference of Dick Slater the referee's decision stands and Bob Armstrong must leave the territory….immediately. The crowd booed profusely and began throwing trash in the ring as the show ended

CCW On Tour 1985

Lavender Coliseum

Columbus, Mississippi

Friday May 17, 1985

Bell time- 8pm

Shane Douglas pinned Tojo Yammamoto

The Midnight Rockers defeated Chic Donovan/Carl Fergie when Michaels pinned Fergie with a flying cross body off the top rope

"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda pinned Scott Armstrong with a backslide

Six Man Tag Match

The Andersons (Ole/Jesse) & Dick Slater defeated The Southern Boys (Steve Armstrong/Tracy Smothers) & Scott Casey when Slater pinned Casey after a piledriver

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

The Long Riders (Bill/Scott Irwin) defeated The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne when Bill hit Wayne in the back of the head with his motorcycle boot behind the ref's back allowing Scott to get the pinfall

MAIN EVENT

Brad Armstrong pinned The Great Kabuki w/Tojo Yammamoto with a sunset flip…..Afterwards The Andersons and Slater hit the ring and attacked Armstrong til the Southern Boys ran in for the save

UWF Rep Buddy Wayne came out and made a special impromptu bonus match for the fans of Columbus

MAIN EVENT #2: SPECIAL BONUS MATCH

The Southern Boys/Brad Armstrong defeated The Andersons/Dick Slater when Brad pinned Jesse Anderson after a 'Russian Legsweep'

CCW On Tour 1985

Jack Gaston Coliseum

Gadsden, Alabama

Saturday May 18, 1985

Bell time- 8pm

"Superstar" Bill Dundee defeated Billy Travis with a swinging neckbreaker

"Handsome" Jimmy Valiant defeated Roy Lee Welch with a sleeperhold

The Grapplers w/Woman defeated The Tonga Kid/Denny Brown when Grappler #1 pinned Brown after a powerslam

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley defeated "Superstar" Bill Dundee (subbing for the Dirty White Boy) with a running bulldog

Hercules Hernandez defeated Billy Jack Haynes with full nelson

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden fought to a DOUBLE DQ with Killer Khan/The Missing Link

MAIN EVENT

"Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol w/Teddy Muscles defeated "Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller when Fuller was suplexing Idol back into the ring and Arcidi tripped Fuller and held his leg for the 3 count