Pro Wrestling Only

[2017-03-26-PROGRESS-Chapter 46: I Like to Chill Out Here and Shoot Some Dinosaurs] Matt Riddle vs WALTER

ShittyLittleBoots

Two wrestlers w/ amazing looking offense beating each other up. I like it. They told a good story of Riddle being in constant trouble as WALTER got the size & experience advantage - every time Riddle made his awesome fiery comebacks, WALTER got something in his backpocket to bust out. WALTER was really great as the aggressor & Riddle was really great as the underdog working from underneath. This was great graps. ****1/4

This was a really great match that I think exceeded what they did in WXW's 16 Carat tourney earlier in the month. Whereas that match saw a more focused attack on Riddle's leg and resulting selling, it was basically a sprint the whole way given the tourney and card layout. This was a much more explosive match with incredible strikes, comebacks, a few meaningful transitions and a hot as hell stretch run that featured enough near falls to have you popping for false finishes but not so many that they overdid it. Walter is a freaking beast and probably my favorite new discovery of 2017, even if he's anything but a new face on the scene. These two probably have a bigger, more epic match to deliver at some point if the opportunity presents itself, but this was a fun progression from the last match and engaging on every level.

****1/4

Might go check this out. Glad to see WALTER getting mentioned. He's a huge dude that does the Japanese style and I have no idea how it took people this long to notice him.

It's just people generally not paying attention to european wrestling until recently. I remember he impressed a few people in his US match against Eddie Kingston which was more than half a decade ago.

I think Walter isn't often in a position where he looks really good. Which is fucking weird considering he's the most talented, legit looking young guy around in the area. He is at his best when's just a beast mauling people like an indy Vader. But he bumps and stooges too much and basically wrestles like a more intelligent Sekimoto with more thigh slapping. Walter outweights Riddle by a 100 lbs. here but that size difference is barely played up at all.

I liked Walter in this match but Riddle is getting so annoying, with his popping up, no-selling and shitty missed strikes. I'm starting to think he's just a glorified Kurt Angle. I liked this when Walter was laying a beating on Riddle. His legwork looked real good, his chops and stomps were great. Liked Riddle's nasty barefoot kicks but other than that this was kind of lacking substance and felt like your typical indy bomb throwing match.

• GSR changed the title to [2017-03-26-PROGRESS-Chapter 46: I Like to Chill Out Here and Shoot Some Dinosaurs] Matt Riddle vs WALTER