Pro Wrestling Only

[2005-07-05-IWA-MS] Ian & Axl Rotten & Chris Hero & Corporal Robinson & Bull Pain vs Tank & Eric Priest & Chandler McClure & Sal & Vito Thomaselli vs Eddie Kingston & B.J. Whitmer & J.C. Bailey & Mark Wolf & Steve Stone (War Games)

Phil Schneider

This was a three team, two ring War Games with ownership of IWA-MS at stake. While it was a little overstuffed (Team NWA seemed superfluous, and were the first team eliminated), this really shows the value of having great brawlers and letting them brawl. War Games are always going to have section where lots of guys are just wandering around kicking and punching, Corp, Ian, Eddie Kingston, Bull Pain, Tank, these are all time great punchers and kickers. Watching Corporal Robinson hurl those half punch/half forearms is just pleasurable. We also had the Chris Hero v. Eddie Kingston feud weaving through this, which is one of my all time favorite indy feuds, there is a great moment near the end where Hero just unloads with crazed elbows. Steve Stone was my favorite under the radar guy in the match, his brawling looked on the level of the legends, he bled a ton and he took some nasty bumps. I didn't love either finish, Tank seemed like he went down a little early, and having JC Bailey turn on Fanin seems like a weird finish for a face team to win. Still this is a violent bloody brawl which was very entertaining and worth tracking down.

• GSR changed the title to [2005-07-05-IWA-MS] Ian & Axl Rotten & Chris Hero & Corporal Robinson & Bull Pain vs Tank & Eric Priest & Chandler McClure & Sal & Vito Thomaselli vs Eddie Kingston & B.J. Whitmer & J.C. Bailey & Mark Wolf & Steve Stone (War Games)