Pro Wrestling Only

[2017-04-09-Stardom] Hiroyo Matsumoto & Jungle Kyona vs Queen's Quest (Io Shirai & HZK)

aguakun

Goddesses of Stardom Championship: Hiroyo Matsumoto & Jungle Kyona © vs. Queen's Quest (Io Shirai & HZK)

HZK is a wild girl, and she was pushing Kyona to the edge with pesky kicks to the head. She's a pressure cooker; filled with heat. I thought Godzilla & Gorilla looked much better here than they did in Nagoya. Kyona's strikes looked good, even those weak corner splashes she does had actual impact; and I like the sumo palm thrusts, mostly because they are such an odd move of choice for a jungle lady. Io was very interesting here, showing off her athleticism with clever offense. QQ grab hands to escape stereo powerbombs, and then HZK bridges over to apply pressure to Io's pin while adding leverage to her own. HZK rules! Some fine tag team wrestling. ****

• 2 weeks later...

Surprisingly, this match was built more around the budding Kyona/HZK rivalry than the two bigger names of Io and Hiroyo. In fact, the match seems to be an HZK showcase as she does most of the work for her team and comes off looking really good. Both her selling and offense were strong while she seems to have dropped a lot of the Yoshiko-lite stuff she was doing early on in her comeback. Kyona gave yet another quality title match performance. The only big knock that I have against the match was that while they tried some different, interesting spots they didn't come off as smoothly as they should have. Still, another very good title match featuring the younger talent in Stardom. ***3/4

• GSR changed the title to [2017-04-09-Stardom] Hiroyo Matsumoto & Jungle Kyona vs Queen's Quest (Io Shirai & HZK)