Pro Wrestling Only

[2017-04-06-Sendai Girls] Aja Kong vs Chihiro Hashimoto

aguakun

Sendai Girls World Championship: Aja Kong © vs. Chihiro Hashimoto

Aja is chewing gum while wrestling in a main event title match, I already want her to lose. She is a mammoth who can adsorb all damage, including wheel barrel slams to the floor and hip attacks from 635mm thighs. The German suplex is the key to victory and C-Hash can't hit it. This was structured like their first encounter this year, but on a much grander and epic scale. Aja has to use her craftiness because she cannot beat C-Hash's matwork, no matter how hard she tries. Outside of the ring is the danger zone, it is where Aja feels most at home, where she batters C-Hash with chair shots to the head and back. This is the worst beating Chihiro has ever taken. This builds so well into that first German suplex. When Aja is broken down, she senses it coming and shifts her strategy to targeting the leg, which is sold tremendously, but this desperation proves futile. An Aja this vulnerable is just not something you see very often, and it puts Chihiro over HUGE. Phenomenal match in front of hot Korakuen crowd. ****3/4

I thought they did a really good job with this match. Amateur wrestler with a ton of skill and power vs. vicious, unmovable beast is such a great matchup. The early goings where it looks like Chihiro can't do anything at all to Aja were so cool. Aja has done this match a million, and she is still crazy good at pro wrestling, so it all works perfect: when Chihiro gets something in on Aja it means a lot, Aja thrashes the rookie and makes her survive a lot of punishment, all leading to Chihiro looking like the real deal. Aja's big bump was totally crazy, as were all of Hashimoto's freakish lifts, leg work was really smart and lead to a great nearfall, and Aja's selling near the end was just amazing. Chihiro still has her green moments and I thought the brawl on the outside was a little slow, other than that this a classic story match done very well.

I loved how Aja controlled most of the match through cheapshots and brawling. Also, surprised at how little offense that Chihiro got in the whole match but what she did manage to get off were bombs and Aja did a wonderful job selling it. Aja running out of gas towards the end and going after Chihiro's leg in a desperate last attempt to stop her momentum was really nice. Personally preferred the January match because I thought the work there was much smoother but this one still did a good job a continuing the goal of turning Chihiro into a big star this early into her career. ***3/4

• GSR changed the title to [2017-04-06-Sendai Girls] Aja Kong vs Chihiro Hashimoto