WWE's "Unseen Matches" DVD

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#21 EricR

EricR
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 758 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:12 AM

This is where they unload all their unreleased house show Berzerker matches against opponents he never fought on TV: Typhoon, Chris Walker, Anvil...and what have to be good matches against Jake and Owen. 

#22 Ricky Jackson

Ricky Jackson

The Only 5 Time Champion

• Members
  • 2786 posts
  • Interests:Wrestling, music, comics, beer, movies, history, sports...good manly stuff.

Posted 25 April 2017 - 05:03 AM

Since they found The Last Battle of Atlanta, I would hope they have, as a start:

Koloff winning the title from Bruno (don't know if there's footage)
Stasiak winning the title from Morales (same)
A complete version of Backlund's title win over Graham (this was on an ancient CV, and possibly the history of the WWE Championship DVD, but I'd like to see the whole thing)
The Savage - Bad News Brown match after Savage's heel turn in '89 where Bad News got the babyface reaction

https://youtu.be/XSMvywmoA08

That's basically Bob vs Superstar complete minus enterances.

Only footage of Bruno vs Ivan is 8mm handheld. I've never seen Bruno vs Stasiak footage of any kind

Edit: I guess Bob vs Superstar is clipped based on the video length and the recorded match time

#23 victory

victory
  • Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 04:41 PM

Well if one of those Savage vs Steamboat cage matches from 87 exist I would think this would be the time to put it out there. Same goes for Bulldogs vs Hart Foundation cage matches from the same time period.

I'm sure the Savage vs Taker match they've showed clips of online will make the cut. Maybe a match or two from the outdoor stadium show from St.Louis in 91 as well.

It definitely has the potential to be good.

#24 stro

stro

legitshook.com

• Banned
  • 975 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 04:56 PM

The Owen/Bret iron man match might finally see the light off day.

#25 PeteF3

PeteF3
  • Members
  • 9175 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:09 PM

I know they've bought content from tape collectors for stuff they don't have in their vault for DVD sets (like Bret vs. Andre), but have they ever put a handheld bootleg on an official release? Maybe the curtain call? There's no reason to believe any of the ironman matches were professionally shot, is there?

If there's an ironman match that's going to be unearthed, I'm not sure I'd not rather see Rockers vs. Rougeaus from the Boston Garden (just a month or two after they stopped airing on NESN), just because it was the first of its kind to my knowledge.

#26 stro

stro

legitshook.com

• Banned
  • 975 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:13 PM

The curtain call show was recorded from at least a hard cam, but they've insisted on using the fan cam footage for 20 years for whatever reason. I assume nearly all house shows were recorded on a single cam shot even after they stopped airing them on MSG or Boston.

#27 Hawkeye12

Hawkeye12
  • Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:44 PM

I know they've bought content from tape collectors for stuff they don't have in their vault for DVD sets (like Bret vs. Andre), but have they ever put a handheld bootleg on an official release? Maybe the curtain call? There's no reason to believe any of the ironman matches were professionally shot, is there?

If there's an ironman match that's going to be unearthed, I'm not sure I'd not rather see Rockers vs. Rougeaus from the Boston Garden (just a month or two after they stopped airing on NESN), just because it was the first of its kind to my knowledge.

I was going to mention the Rockers-Rougeaus "marathon" matches as well.  Sounds like more fun than a single's ironman.

#28 Bix

Bix
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 6253 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:32 AM

Andre-Bret was ripped from Landy's YouTube channel. WWE didn't bother reaching out to see if they could get a better copy from him on DVD.

Also, dunno if there could potentially be any on video, but they did Strike Force be Islanders iron man) marathon matches first in 1987.

#29 shoe

shoe
  • Moderators
  • 9099 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:33 PM

I always love these threads. Usually our ideas far eclipse what we get.

#30 Matt D

Matt D

4:40

• Members
  • 10257 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:37 PM

I can't imagine any of those marathon matches were taped. 

#31 Migs

Migs
  • Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:49 PM

They released a poll on DVD concepts for next year, and Best of Superstars was on the list.

http://www.wrestling...ist-of-jericho/

#32 victory

victory
  • Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:23 PM

For the most recent Attitude Era unseen match set they would use a combination on some matches of fancam and pro shot. Kind of cool.

#33 Shatter_Machine

Shatter_Machine
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:02 AM

For the most recent Attitude Era unseen match set they would use a combination on some matches of fancam and pro shot. Kind of cool.

it surprises me that they'd use this stuff, because of their tyranny about footage showing up on youtube in the past. It's cool that we can see it, but I'm just shocked that they'd deal with people who recorded stuff "illegally".

#34 JNLister

JNLister
  • Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 02:39 AM

I kind of assume the Rockers-Rougeaus 60 minute matches are majorly padded with stalling and comedy spots, but that kind of makes me want to see them more.

#35 EricR

EricR
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 758 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 03:47 AM

Considering the 25 minute matches are half stalling and comedy spots, you can bet that a 60 minute version is majorly padded. 

#36 SPS

SPS
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:17 AM

Considering the 25 minute matches are half stalling and comedy spots, you can bet that a 60 minute version is majorly padded. 

Shawn in his 1'st book noted when talking about the matches that at least 15 mins of the match was the Rougeaus working spots where they would do some feat of athleticism like the front somersault into the ring and landing on their feet and then challenging the Rockers to do the same with the Rougeaus getting shown up until it finally breaks downs into the match actually beginning.

#37 Sidebottom

Sidebottom
  • Members
  • 1119 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 01:22 PM

Would be nice to see Kurt Angle vs Owen Hart.

#38 supersonic

supersonic
  • Members
  • 713 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 03:09 PM

Give me the ROH dream match of Noble vs. Morishima!

#39 iamthedoctor

iamthedoctor
  • Members
  • 795 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 06:02 AM

Steiners vs. Money Inc., the first of the 3 title changes, would be a much bigger prize among Steiners matches. Maybe it wasn't a better match but it was at a Challenge taping and is completely unreleased. I'll take "less than HD VQ" over "no VQ" any day. 

Going by that Update when they talked about the Money Inc/Steiners title change back in 1993 one of the pics looked like it had come from a TV Taping they filmed unless its just a still from a random jobber match they inserted in.

Id love to see the full Mountie/Bret match included and the HBK/Jannetty title change but not being a TV taping unsure if they filmed it.

Would it be realistic to see some Hogan matches included? All the stuff in the news about him a couple years ago and with him slowly being readded to stuff on the network would it be likely we could see the odd Hogan & Sammartino tag match?

#40 thebrainfollower

thebrainfollower
  • Members
  • 1231 posts
  • Interests:Doctor Who, Star Wars, classic horror, politics, history, theater, and that wrestling thing we are here for.

Posted 14 May 2017 - 05:29 PM

I don't see any reason why there won't be Hogan matches.  Hogan-Flair from Dayton sounds like a no brainer assuming the set is mostly Superstars/Challenge taping dark matches.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users