WWE's "Unseen Matches" DVD

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#41 flyonthewall2983

flyonthewall2983
  • Members
  • 2598 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:55 AM

One I'd like to see is Hogan/Savage vs. Jake/Berzerker, which I believe was a dark match. Hulk and Randy's body language as partners in early '92 would be very interesting to watch as I'm pretty sure they weren't getting along personally at this point. They probably spent a good 10-15 minutes in the ring at the Royal Rumble that year, and barely looked at each other.

#42 JRH

JRH
  • Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:55 AM

I wonder if the Razor/Jarrett title switches from 1995 (Razor beat Jarrett for the IC title in a ladder match, but Jarrett got it back days later) exists on tape. That would be an interesting little tidbit to see.

#43 EricR

EricR
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 738 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:04 PM

I don't think I've ever posted it, but I ended up recording what may be the only copy of Primo/Epico winning the tag titles from Evan Bourne/Kofi Kingston. Seems small in the grand scheme, but it was at a local house show and apparently Bourne had just been suspended. I didn't see any cameras rolling. 

#44 stro

stro

legitshook.com

• Banned
  • 975 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:42 PM

Cameras were rolling as they showed a clip of it on Raw

#45 NickH

NickH
  • Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:47 AM

http://www.wrestlingdvdnetwork.com/official-details-wwe-unreleased-1986-1995-dvd/135570/ 

RARE Owen Hart & Taz matches?

#46 CapitalTTruth

CapitalTTruth
  • Members
  • 770 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:05 AM

I kind of have a feeling this is going to be somewhat disappointing. I hope I am wrong.

#47 SPS

SPS
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:19 PM

This does not look promising...

One can hope though. 

#48 iamthedoctor

iamthedoctor
  • Members
  • 700 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:21 AM

Sounds like they are going to release stuff from the TV tapings that have never been seen before.

I wonder if they will show a Roberts/Hogan match because this will be as good as any time to show the match and the incident on the Snake Pit where Hogan gets the DDT.

I remember ages ago seeing a picture of Hogan in the ring with Giant Gonzalez which looked like a controntation. No idea if this was part of a TV tapings or not as I could only find

WWF @ Huntington, WV - Civic Center - June 15, 1993 (4,400)
WWF Superstars taping:
Hulk Hogan & Brutus Beefcake (w/ Crush) vs Ted Dibiase & IRS (w/ Giant Gonzalez) in a lumberjack match

#49 clintthecrippler

clintthecrippler
  • Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:54 PM

I am so looking forward to this, even if we don't get Bret Hart vs Tom Magee. I am not expecting much in the way of hidden classics since most of these are probably sub 10-minute TV taping dark matches but I am still thinking this is just gonna be a bunch of matches that are plain fun.

#50 Hawkeye12

Hawkeye12
  • Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:37 PM

Sounds like they are going to release stuff from the TV tapings that have never been seen before.

I wonder if they will show a Roberts/Hogan match because this will be as good as any time to show the match and the incident on the Snake Pit where Hogan gets the DDT.

I remember ages ago seeing a picture of Hogan in the ring with Giant Gonzalez which looked like a controntation. No idea if this was part of a TV tapings or not as I could only find

WWF @ Huntington, WV - Civic Center - June 15, 1993 (4,400)
WWF Superstars taping:
Hulk Hogan & Brutus Beefcake (w/ Crush) vs Ted Dibiase & IRS (w/ Giant Gonzalez) in a lumberjack match

They should have the first Hogan-Jake match on video because they showed clips on a segment promoting the rematch.   And that probably is the Hogan-Gonzalez faceoff as the picture also has the Smoking Gunns still around the ring.

#51 iamthedoctor

iamthedoctor
  • Members
  • 700 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:20 AM

I am so looking forward to this, even if we don't get Bret Hart vs Tom Magee. I am not expecting much in the way of hidden classics since most of these are probably sub 10-minute TV taping dark matches but I am still thinking this is just gonna be a bunch of matches that are plain fun.

Im hoping these DVDs will have alot of matches on them because a Owen Hart vs jobber match cant be taking up more than 5 mins.

#52 flyonthewall2983

flyonthewall2983
  • Members
  • 2598 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:45 AM

Is this just DVD or will there be a Blu-ray as well? They put more stuff in on their Blu releases, which I kind of dig.

#53 Migs

Migs
  • Members
  • 1064 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:33 PM

Is this just DVD or will there be a Blu-ray as well? They put more stuff in on their Blu releases, which I kind of dig.

Some of the releases recently have been DVD only. I believe this might be one of them.

#54 iamthedoctor

iamthedoctor
  • Members
  • 700 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 02:36 AM

This one would be interesting if they filmed it.

Hogan, Savage & Steamboat vs Harts & Honky with Andre in their corner.

Can't remember too many matches where Savage & Steamboat tagged up.

#55 Beast

Beast
  • Members
  • 1167 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 01:17 PM

Despite being promoted as consisting of matches "never before seen, new to home video", WrestlingDVDNetwork is speculating the MSG LOD/Warrior vs Demolition match will be on the set. I'm sure there are sources that have led them to believe that, but if true it is disappointing since not only was that on an aired MSG card (9/90), but it was already on a Coliseum release, SuperTape 3.

#56 iamthedoctor

iamthedoctor
  • Members
  • 700 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:50 AM

Despite being promoted as consisting of matches "never before seen, new to home video", WrestlingDVDNetwork is speculating the MSG LOD/Warrior vs Demolition match will be on the set. I'm sure there are sources that have led them to believe that, but if true it is disappointing since not only was that on an aired MSG card (9/90), but it was already on a Coliseum release, SuperTape 3.

That would be a shame if true as the whole point in this collection is supposed to be matches that have never been seen before and not previously available on home video.

That is what made Attitude Era unseen unique.

#57 ajtroma

ajtroma
  • Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 04:09 AM

There was a Bret Hart-Hakushi Cage match that I saw at a taping live that I'm hoping makes the cut.

#58 PeteF3

PeteF3
  • Members
  • 8966 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:03 AM

Here it is!

I'm most excited to see Duane Gill & Barry Hardy's match as "The Toxic Turtles." Other matches of note include Bret vs. Davey Boy from 6/30/92, Hogan vs. Flair from 11/91 (not the Dayton match, unfortunately), a test run of the WM7 blindfold match from January, Flair vs. Piper, a Piper's Pit with the Brooklyn Brawler from 1992 when there were plans to bring that back, and tryout/dark matches for Brian Adams (in '89), Chris Chavis as "War Eagle," the aforementioned Turtles, and the Tazmaniac. I'm sold.

#59 PeteF3

PeteF3
  • Members
  • 8966 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:08 AM

On a disappointing note, Steiners-Money Inc. must not be in the vault or lost, because they have the dark match main event from that taping (MegaManiacs vs. Money Inc. with Slaughter as the guest ref) but not the title change that opened it.

#60 bradhindsight

bradhindsight
  • Moderators
  • 1551 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:22 AM

JRH nailed it with the IC ladder stuff.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users