Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-05-01-Osaka Pro] Dick Togo & Black Buffalo vs Super Delphin & Super Demekin

soup23

Just a shitload of fun. This was the first match in 2000 where I really got the vibes of Togo being one of the best wrestlers in the world. He was flying all over the place here but also executing some great offense and selling when need be. Demekin works now as Hub in really low level indies but he looked fine here. Delphin and Buffalo really in some ways continued to be the classic heel and face pairings for the promotion. 8 minutes of all out action that never let up. I dig Osaka Pro a good bit. ***1/4

• 1 month later...

The 8 minutes we saw of this was pretty awesome. This particular match was the more seasoned Osaka Pro crew doing the Toryumon style Southern lucharesu tag better than Toryumon does it. Togo and Delphin in particular are probably among the 20 best guys in wrestling at this point. Togo is a machine in this stealing all the moves of the American top guys, bleeding a gusher, and showing ass when the match called for it. ***1/2 based on what we saw, and probably higher complete.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I agree, this was pretty good from what we got which was almost the entire thing as. We're only really missing a little over 2 minutes of this. At this point, the only rookie here is Demekin who had been working for a little over a year. Togo particularly for me looks like a million bucks here and he makes Demekin look really great too. This was a little slower paced than some of the Toryumon tags we have seen, but they never miss a bit and everything is done so crisply. The finish is also great as they keep it simple with a Togo being the vet taking the win over the young lion.

***1/2

• 2 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [2000-05-01-Osaka Pro] Dick Togo & Black Buffalo vs Super Delphin & Super Demekin
  • 5 weeks later...