Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-05-04-Michinoku Pro] Great Sasuke & Gran Hamada & Masaaki Mochizuki vs Gran Apache & Sasuke The Great & Chad Collyer

soup23

Can someone do me a solid and tell me who Sasuke the Great was? This has to be one of the most random six man lineups I have ever seen. The Sasuke's team up and do some interesting stuff but also seemed to mix up more comedy which odd. Apache and Mochi then square off and they just gel so well together that I am saddened we didn't get a long standing feud. Collyer and Hamada is the lesser of all the pairings but is so damn bizarre that it does have some intrigue just based on that. These guys didn't really set out to have a classic but more of a fun 14 minute high energy six man that also advances the feud between Sasuke the Great and Great Sasuke. ***1/4

• 1 month later...

This had the elements of something fun, but just never quite came together for me. Felt like a poor man's version of that bizarro world FMW-lucha six-man from 1992, not because of the surreal mix of talent, but because of how disparate the pairings were.

• 3 months later...

Always love these Michinoku Pro shows where they have fans sitting on the floor instead of seats. Makes Sasuke the Great going into the crowd and the fans scattering that much better. This was fine but kinda short. I wanted to see more Apache/Hamada but the foucus was mostly on the Sasukes. Chad Collyer sticks out like a sore thumb.

• 6 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [2000-05-04-Michinoku Pro] Great Sasuke & Gran Hamada & Masaaki Mochizuki vs Gran Apache & Sasuke The Great & Chad Collyer
  • 1 month later...

This was a very fun match that I enjoyed quite a bit.  While not a classic by any means but with the nice pace, the look of the gym and a crowd that’s having fun, I couldn’t help but have a good time while watching this.  I’ve been digging Gran Apache in 2000 and unfortunately he wasn’t in this too much but I liked what he did while he was in there.  Collyer did stick out like a sore thumb but he was serviceable in his role.