Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Payback

Ricky Jackson

Other than NXT every week, I haven't watched any WWE since catching bits of the immediate post Mania shows. Looking forward to Reigns vs Strowman. The rest of the card has potential to be good

Enzo Amore and Big Cass vs. Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson

Seth Rollins vs. Samoa Joe

Neville vs. Austin Aries (Cruiserweight Championship)

Matt and Jeff Hardy vs. Cesaro and Sheamus (Raw Tag Team Championships)

Bayley vs. Alexa Bliss (Raw Women's Championship)

Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jericho (United States Championship)

Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman

Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyatt (House of Horrors)

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling this show will end up being sneaky good since there was zero buzz going in. Most of the matchups on paper should be at least decent if not good, and we have the possibility of an all time Wrestlecrap moment which might reach "so bad it's good" levels.

Ugh, Kevin Owens is so terrible. He can't string together more than two moves without leaning over to grab his knees, or lean over the ropes and start sucking wind. And I don't give a crap what the announcers say about Owens having a "strategy" and being a "back to basics" wrestler - he HAS to keep going back to the side headlock so he can lie down, because he's winded. Hey it's cool, you don't want to be a muscle guy. Then don't lift weights...but do some goddamn cardio, for fuck's sake. Have some professional pride.

Jericho might still have a couple of good matches left in him, but he's not going to have them when he has to drag that big bag of crap Kevin Owens around with him. Gah.

Is it just me or does this match seem to be in slow motion?

Well... Jericho's almost half a century old and KO is not very good, so of course it seems to be in slow motion.

You said it, dude. That's what happens when one wrestler moves at half speed due to age and accumulated injuries, and the other is out of shape.

Yeah that was the major "what the fuck" when people were looking at the betting lines. I mean at least it leads to someone on the next PPV but why would want to see Jericho vs Owens 3 I am not sure unless it is a stipulation

It was a perfectly fine RAW match. Just like their Wrestlemania match was a RAW or Smackdown type match

I actually thought that wasn't too bad. Much better than Mania thanks to an audible crowd that was way more invested than I thought a 2017 crowd could be for a Jericho match. I didn't think it was wrestled in slow motion at all, either - in fact, I thought the sequences were pretty tight with signature spot into counter into signature spot and repeat. Ending was a bit of a shocker too.