Pro Wrestling Only

Unicorn Gimmick Matches

Phil Schneider

The greatest match gimmick of all time is Dundee-Koko's "Best Two out of Three Falls" Scaffold Match (also easily the best use of a scaffold in wrestling history). But while I may be misremembering this entirely, I recall a Between the Sheets or some other recent podcast where someone was talking about the Midnights or a different tag team who were subjected to this same stip later on? Either way, it remains the gold standard.

Kennel in a Cell. Everyone forgets it. (I really think it could have been good if they'd just put attack dogs in there and let them chase after Snow and Bossman. Kind of surprised something like this hasn't shown up in Big Japan.)

Yeah, but the dogs are poor workers. Too stiff, always want to get their shit in, tends to hardway their opponent.

The greatest match gimmick of all time is Dundee-Koko's "Best Two out of Three Falls" Scaffold Match (also easily the best use of a scaffold in wrestling history). But while I may be misremembering this entirely, I recall a Between the Sheets or some other recent podcast where someone was talking about the Midnights or a different tag team who were subjected to this same stip later on? Either way, it remains the gold standard.

Al Greene vs Jerry Jarrett was 2/3 falls

Kennel in a Cell. Everyone forgets it. (I really think it could have been good if they'd just put attack dogs in there and let them chase after Snow and Bossman. Kind of surprised something like this hasn't shown up in Big Japan.)

Yeah, but the dogs are poor workers. Too stiff, always want to get their shit in, tends to hardway their opponent.

They always want to do that flippy shit. And they piss everywhere.

TNA Final Resolution 2013 had a "Dixieland" match between Magnus and Jeff Hardy where you had to first escape a cage and then climb a ladder. No idea of it was any good or not. Don't think it has been done since.

Three more "Only happened once, for a reason" type matches: Blindfold Cage Match (James Storm and Chris Harris, TNA), Junkyard Invitational (Bash at the Beach in 1999, WCW), Good Housekeeping Match (Jeff Jarrett vs China, WWF, I think 1999)

Three more "Only happened once, for a reason" type matches: Blindfold Cage Match (James Storm and Chris Harris, TNA), Junkyard Invitational (Bash at the Beach in 1999, WCW), Good Housekeeping Match (Jeff Jarrett vs China, WWF, I think 1999)

Dustin Rhodes and Bobby Rude had a 2 out 3 falls Blindfold match at the first Lockdown event, not sure if the rules for the two matches were different enough to count.