Pro Wrestling Only

Billy Corgan "has agreed in principle" to buy the NWA

C.S.

In other news, Eddie Vetter bought the copyright to the ABA name as well as their video library. While he understands that no team in the ABA has played a game in over 35 years, the league once had a strong brand and he sees a market for teams such as the Carolina Cougars and the Baltimore Hustlers.

I have an interview with Lagana on Wednesday if you have any questions on the new NWA.

Overall I think I'm more excited/interested int his than any other person out there. I think I feel this after every big change in the NWA, which has happened multiple times over the past 12 years. Rarely does the person behind it ever execute their vision. This is my favorite part though, learning what the vision is. Do you lean into tradition, do you have multiple territories, who do you partner with, what content other than Houston do they have available to them if they wanted to start a streaming service tomorrow, will it just be a regular promotion, ect.? Last one is least exciting but I assume most likely. I'm hoping so much that I'm wrong.

Please ask him why on earth Billy would ever consider doing ANY business with TNA again after everything that happened? He of all people should know to run far in the other direction. TNA will never be a viable, respectable, money-making operation.

I have an interview with Lagana on Wednesday if you have any questions on the new NWA.

Overall I think I'm more excited/interested int his than any other person out there. I think I feel this after every big change in the NWA, which has happened multiple times over the past 12 years. Rarely does the person behind it ever execute their vision. This is my favorite part though, learning what the vision is. Do you lean into tradition, do you have multiple territories, who do you partner with, what content other than Houston do they have available to them if they wanted to start a streaming service tomorrow, will it just be a regular promotion, ect.? Last one is least exciting but I assume most likely. I'm hoping so much that I'm wrong.

My question is this, can Dave PROMISE to not have yet another WWE formatted wrestling promotion? The long promos to open the show, authority figures taking up tons of TV time, the consistent rotation of non-wrestlers (announcers, ref, etc.) stepping into the ring or being featured heavily in a top angle ( i.e. JB vs. Josh Matthews). These are three things that I am tired of seeing and Dave has shown that he knows nothing outside of that. I would love for him and his team to prove me wrong.

^ That's kind of my question also; I'd phrase it as "You've spent a lot of time around wrestling and wrestling on TV. With that knowledge, how do you differentiate yourself instead of using the same old tropes." Dave talks a good talk, but I agree with Tom - no evidence suggests anything different (and to be honest, Dave's favorite ideas that made TV, which he's highlighted on twitter at times, are l-a-m-e).

Theoretically there shouldn't be a reason that he can't get regional indies to run together under the NWA banner to benefit everyone, or at least build up a larger territory to be the next super indy, other than getting wrestling promoters to work together is harder than herding cats.

At least Billy should have motivation to do something with his investment, and his creative input in TNA was starting to be pretty good until Dixie had to Dixie all over everything.

Theoretically there shouldn't be a reason that he can't get regional indies to run together under the NWA banner to benefit everyone, or at least build up a larger territory to be the next super indy, other than getting wrestling promoters to work together is harder than herding cats.

At least Billy should have motivation to do something with his investment, and his creative input in TNA was starting to be pretty good until Dixie had to Dixie all over everything.

Yeah, this is what I hope for, extending a bit further to European/Canadian/Mexican territories that all have presence and build to matches on super shows down the line. Something like WWN or Powerbomb.TV would be great too. A centralised hub where you have access to all the promotions, their shows, promos etc and a live stream of any big events. Ive now set myself up for disappointment having said all this.