Pro Wrestling Only

Weirder smark obsession: Roman Reigns or Women's hair?

stro

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never heard it ever anywhere unless on WWE TV or what followed suit (WCW, TNA etc).

Yeah even other worked sports like roller derby don't use it.

Except they do. So do things like American Gladiators, American Ninja, Harlem Globetrotters, etc. Sports entertainment is a classification, not a buzzword.

"Sports entertainment" on its own as a term isn't a big problem. The refusal to say "belt" on its own isn't a big problem. The insistence on using full names each and every time on its own isn't a tiny problem, but would probably be okay if that were the only entry in the WWE Talking Stylebook. Any one of these linguistic quirks we've gone over would be fairly easy to ignore. But when they're all beaten into your brain over the course of 3 hours, it's death by a thousand cuts.

This is the worst thread in the decade-long history of this board and it's all stro's fault. Yes, people criticize the WWE presentation all the time. Criticizing a specific aspect of it doesn't make people women's wrestling fetishists or whatever his theoretical point is.

That's...an interesting conclusion you drew. You think I'm calling those people obsessed with the hair women's wrestling fetishists?

I haven't seen anyone obsessed with it in the first place but I've been around internet wrestling bullshit way too long to see any other implication from that kind of troll post.

Right, it's a troll post, when other people in this very thread on this very board that you are also on acknowledged seeing it as well at other places. I'm suggesting literally the opposite of fetishism, as these people are obsessed with how much they hate the hair, not how much they love it.

But nah, I just made it up for...what gain, I don't know yet, but I'll figure it out and let you know.

There is not one girl I can name who looks better with short hair than long hair and I've seen thousands of women.

This is just my opinion though. I would think if a study was done, men would prefer long hair but I'd love to a true study on it.

I prefer long hair on a woman too, but like everything else in life, there are exceptions. Halle Berry is definitely one of them. Show me one pic of her with long hair that looks better than short hair. You can't, because she doesn't, and I think even she knows it.

Anyway, why am I in this thread? Why was it created? Does anyone really care about Roman Reigns' hair? He'd be an idiot to cut off that long, luxuriant mane. It's one of his most distinctive features, and I know the ladies love it. When he starts balding like The Rock, then we can talk. Until that happens, he should leave his hair alone.