Pro Wrestling Only

Jeff Learns Wrestling

Jeff Machado and JT Rozzero are best friends but Jeff has never been a wrestling fan… until now. With decades of wrestling history to catch up on, JT is leading Jeff’s completely clean slate on an educational journey through the wonderful story of professional wrestling.

In episode one, the boys cover the very basics of pro wrestling, how the WWF came to be, how awesome Jesse Ventura was, the greatness of Andre the Giant, the birth and death of the Mega Powers, comparisons between Miss Elizabeth and Michelle Obama, the point of tag team wrestling and much, much more.
So, join us on Jeff’s journey to learn all about pro wrestling, get sidetracked with us on many tangents and have a bunch of laughs along the way!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff Machado and JT Rozzero are best friends but Jeff has never been a wrestling fan… until now. With decades of wrestling history to catch up on, JT is leading Jeff’s completely clean slate on an educational journey through the wonderful story of professional wrestling.

In episode two, the boys cover the the origins of Hulkamania, the essence of the NWA, wresting’s obsession with jingoism, the background of Kamala, Andre the French Giant, the awesomeness of Roddy Piper, the Rock ‘N’ Wrestling Connection, star ratings and much, much more.

So, join us on Jeff’s journey to learn all about pro wrestling, get sidetracked with us on many tangents and have a bunch of laughs along the way!

http://placetobenation.com/jeff-learns-wrestling-2-the-origins-of-hulkamania-jingoism-the-hot-rod-joe-piscopo-wrestlemania-more/

• 2 weeks later...

In episode three, the boys head to the Carolinas to introduce Jeff to the world of the NWA where they discuss the differences in presentation between JCP and WWF, what makes Ric Flair great, the appeal of Dusty Rhodes, Ronnie Garvin’s punches, blood, Magnum TA’s penis, whether or not Tully Blanchard is a giant pussy, the greatness of 1980s Russia and much, much more.

http://placetobenation.com/jeff-learns-wrestling-3-nwa-vs-wwf-ronnie-garvins-punches-blood-magnum-ta-russians-more/

Jeff's comments and observations are fascinating.

Thanks Allan, glad you enjoyed. I am looking forward to how long it takes for some of this stuff to really click for him.

In hindsight, if you'd exposed him to JCP before WWF do you think his initial reaction to the JCP presentation would have been different?

• 2 weeks later...

Love the show! I started with episode 3 and then went back to the 1st two because it was so good. I almost fell out off my chair when Jeff compared Flair to Matt Damon. I immediately thought of Parv and at some point it would be cool to have guests pop in with match recommendations to see what Jeff thinks. Great job!!!

BTW I think this format would be GREAT for lucha (See GWE). That seems to be a blind spot for a lot of people and I could see that working.

Can't wait for Jeff seeing ECW or puro!

That stinks (Just kidding!)

I wonder how Jeff would react to Memphis? It has the absurdity of the WWF and the grittiness of JCP.

Question: What is your match selection process for this project? What determines what Jeff will watch? Just curious....

Right now it is me coming up with a general timeline with an assist from Chad. Trying to catch all the key angles/stories/matches with some other randomness mixed in.