• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 stro

stro

legitshook.com

• Banned
  • 975 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:06 AM

Also one guy got pushed at the top of the card for 6 years, with wins over every top guy of the era, 11 championships, and retired a legend. The other guy had a 6 month push, got turned into a joke then an actual comedy character for the next few years, retired and was never mentioned again.  

#42 Coffey

Coffey
  • Members
  • 3822 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:36 PM

Better worker:

Triple H or Edge?

Alberto Del Rio or Edge?

Randy Orton or Edge? (holy shit Rated-RKO was boring)

Cody Rhodes or Edge?  :D

Edge always sort of reminded me of seeing guys like Dino Bravo when watching old wrestling shows. Like he's always there and I never really care. Never struck me as a main eventer, despite how much they used him. Good for him that he's in the Hall of Fame but the credibility of that will always be questioned anyway. Speaking of Hall of Fame:

Koko B. Ware or Edge?  B)

I liken Edge a lot to how I see Kane, actually. Not a great worker, continually around the top of the card but you never really care about him all that much. He's just kinda there. 

Kane or Edge? 

#43 El-P

El-P
  • Members
  • 8862 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:18 PM

I'd rather watch Edge than just any of these guys save for Koko (especially in Memphis).

#44 Exposer

Exposer
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 2202 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:46 PM

I'd rather watch Edge than Triple H. Maybe some of the bad stuff with Kane. Otherwise, nah. I prefer the others to him.

#45 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 4743 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 04:28 PM

I find Edge to be mostly inoffensive. He's still probably Cena's signature opponent after all these years which is saying something. I also don't think him being on top for 6 years is really that big a deal when you consider the promotion had 2 brands at the time and he alternated between the two. That was also an era where the top of the card was kind of in transition. He was also in the promotion for almost a decade before being a top guy.

If I had to rate him I would save average to above average with bouts of good mixed in.

#46 Justtxyank

Justtxyank
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:11 PM

Meh. That's about how I feel about him as a singles main event worker. His offense always bothered me. I'd rather watch Triple H for sure.

#47 Boss Rock

Boss Rock
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 10:10 AM

I really liked Edge as a heel. Sure he was a bad actor and his facials were extreme, but the guy knew how to get heat. He was the sniveling coward who was incredibly resourceful and was seen as dangerous when pushed too far.

#48 BigVanCrush

BigVanCrush
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 12:13 PM

inability to be good outside of gimmick matches

what was the gimmick for the tag match from no mercy 2002

#49 NotJayTabb

NotJayTabb
  • Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 02:36 PM

Man, Jarrett carried Michaels and Angle to arguably their best ever singles matches. Edge hasn't got anything that comes close to either of those.

#50 stro

stro

legitshook.com

• Banned
  • 975 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 12:55 AM

inability to be good outside of gimmick matches

what was the gimmick for the tag match from no mercy 2002

Being the 4th wheel in a match where the other 3 were 3 of the best in the world.

#51 G. Badger

G. Badger
  • Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 03:57 PM

Am watching some of the more memorable ladder matches with E&C...remembering now what my problem with him was...he is bland as saltine crackers.

His move set was odd for a guy of his build especially the freaking Spear. Goldberg - hell yeah! Rhino - sure thing! Edge - huh? Dude's got a swimmer or baseball player's build and he does the spear?? As a finisher?

Besides that he doesn't look or act that gung ho in his matches... At least the '99-00 ladder matches. He does alright and hangs in there but, nothing where its stood out as an "Edge moment."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users