Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-05-18-IWRG] Villano III & Villano IV & Villano V vs Blue Panther & Pimpinela Escarlata & Enterrador

soup23

Pimpinela Escarlata starts with a promo and looks lovely today in her robe. Panther is working as a tecnico here. Escarlata and villano IV start things off with some great wrestling overall. Pimpinela really wrenches back on the submission attempts. Panther is in next with villano V and they have another great sequence. Panther’s mat work in 2000 has been awe inspiring with him lifting Villano up and holding him there using one arm for strength for 30 seconds or so. Villano III vs Enterrador is our last pairing. Enterrador is someone I am not familiar with so it is up to him to keep the momentum going. He is a bigger guy and III works on taking him down and grinding him out with leg work. Things open up a bit more and we get Pimpinela kissing the referee. We also get a bit of Panther and Villano which just wets the appetite. The Villanos are able to take the first fall in just over 15 minutes. Second and third falls are quicker but also provides a good many highlights including Pimpinela getting beat up and doing some excellent dives, Panther throwing these short kicks to a Villano in the corner and III and Panther interacting more. Nice win overall for the Villanos and their rep as a trios unit is getting raised throughout 2000 much in the same way Satanico is as an individual worker. ***3/4

• 3 months later...

I love that the Villanos have multiple feuds in multiple promotions. Still weird to see Pimpi in a non AAA match. Pimpi can go on the mat and not have to depend on comedy too much. Not sure who Enterrador is but he was ok but not compared to the oher wrestlers. Third fall is Panther's group going after Villano 3's injured ribs which is nice continuity. Good IWRG main event without the blood .

• 1 month later...

I remember a buddy of mine sending me this match back in the day. I can safely say that I like it more now than I did then. The first fall almost feels like the birth of the maestros match. I don't think that was their intention. They were probably working the same way that they always did but there were so many old-school ideas that it felt like a maestros match even if it wasn't. I loved the contrast between the hardnosed, no-nonsense Villano IV and Pimpi. Their mat exchanges were some of the best all year and the other pairings weren't far behind. The second and third fall disintigrated into a scrappy brawl but the dynamic between Pimpi and the Villanos remained strong and Villano III had his ribs worked over to dramatic effect. I love Pimpi's flailing strikes that look like slaps, and watching Panther mix it up with the Villanos had me flashing forward to the mask match. Worth watching for Pimpi alone.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-05-18-IWRG] Villano III & Villano IV & Villano V vs Blue Panther & Pimpinela Escarlata & Enterrador