Pro Wrestling Only

...Dive

Coffey

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not worth its own thread, but there's a new hashtag going around - #BL2017 - which supposedly means Block Lana 2017, and it has caused some controversy among the women. It started with Melina defending Sasha's loss on Raw to Alicia Fox as a good storyline, Lana "liking" those tweets, and then Sasha, Summer, and someone else tweeting out #BL2017. If it really means Block Lana 2017, I think that's childish as hell. If Sasha wonders why she's constantly the Randy Savage to Charlotte's Hulk Hogan and now putting over Foxy, this is why. Hopefully it really means something else - Becky Lynch 2017? - and there's nothing to all of this internet speculation. I'd really hate for Sasha's career to suffer due to maturity issues, because they have something special with her. It always sucks when a really talented wrestler is his/her own worst enemy.

You can see some of the tweets here: http://wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/0518/626314/lana-likes-comments-made-by-former-wwe-women-champion-on-sasha/

I'd really hate for Sasha's career to suffer due to maturity issues, because they have something special with her. It always sucks when a really talented wrestler is his/her own worst enemy.

She should work an Azealia Banks gimmick. Kill chicken in her closet, make Trump supporting tweets and insult entire countries. Seriously, she even got the right last name !

Damn.

It's not a matter of kayfabe anymore. It's a matter of knowing way too fucking much about these people, especially their worst traits that emerge through social networks.

Keep just a wee bit of mystery, will you ?

(and no, I don't mean clean up you phones either)

Not worth its own thread, but there's a new hashtag going around - #BL2017 - which supposedly means Block Lana 2017, and it has caused some controversy among the women. It started with Melina defending Sasha's loss on Raw to Alicia Fox as a good storyline, Lana "liking" those tweets, and then Sasha, Summer, and someone else tweeting out #BL2017. If it really means Block Lana 2017, I think that's childish as hell. If Sasha wonders why she's constantly the Randy Savage to Charlotte's Hulk Hogan and now putting over Foxy, this is why. Hopefully it really means something else - Becky Lynch 2017? - and there's nothing to all of this internet speculation. I'd really hate for Sasha's career to suffer due to maturity issues, because they have something special with her. It always sucks when a really talented wrestler is his/her own worst enemy.

You can see some of the tweets here: http://wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/0518/626314/lana-likes-comments-made-by-former-wwe-women-champion-on-sasha/

Summer and Sasha have tried to run twitter angles hoping to get Summer TV time in the past. I wouldn't look into it more than that.

APW ran the Cow Palace a couple weeks back with Rhodes vs Ryan on top. I would have to assume he's drawing on the indies if APW who usually draws a couple dozen to a garage or middle school gym is able to run the Cow Palace with him.

The only show they've run that actually sold out was one at a gym with Rhodes' second appearance and the APW debuts of Pentagon and Zack Sabre Jr. APW drew a strong house to the Cow Palace--but far from a sellout--that also had John Morrison and Brian Cage. Maybe X-Pac and Gangrel had something to do with that, too.

I'm not the biggest booster of Cody to put it mildly. But promoters are desperate to book him for a reason - he is a draw. I think whether he is worth the money or terms of booking him is a separate question and varies from promotion to promotion.

Also APW was doing huge crowds at a school gym before the decision to run the Cow Palace. I was at a previous APW show late last year where Cody v Joey Ryan was the big attraction match and they drew a legit SRO only sellout (they let me and my girlfriend in for half price because they had no seats left to sell and starting turning people away right after we came in) that was probably somewhere between 750-900 people.