Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-05-26-CMLL] Atlantis & Olimpico & Perro Aguayo vs Apolo Dantes & Mascara Ano 2000 & El Satanico

soup23

CMLL is still moving along nicely. This starts with a big time rudo beatdown and Perro has color early on. Perro and Ano 2000 go after each other right away and are the main feud throughout the whole match. First fall goes easy to the rudos and then the tecnicos are able to make a good comeback in the second fall. The Dantes/Satanico vs Olimpico/Atlantis pairings are interesting in that they are interchangeable throughout the match and all are intriguing to one degree or another. The finish actually plays into this as Atlantis got the Atlantida on Satanico for the second fall victory and he locks it in the final fall until Dantes shoves him into the referee. With one referee bumped out and the other on the floor checking on Atlantis, they commit a blantant foul and then pin the tecnicos for the win when the bumped referee comes back to life. A really nice win for the rudos and the feud between Perro and Ano is really strong and heated right now. ***1/2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This served its purpose by advancing the Perro vs. Mascara feud. The trick to these sort of matches is having a throughline that can be traced from the beginning of the match through to the end and I thought Perro and Mascara accomplished that with their brawling segments. They also did a good job of mixing things up so it wasn't just Perro and Mascara brawling at ringside ad nauseam. Of course, that meant all eyes on Satanico. And being the Satanico tragic that I am, every time he squares off with someone I see "program" written all over it, but there's nothing more tantalizing than an Atlantis vs. Satanico program. If I could have anything in 2000 CMLL right now, that would be it. And therein lies the tease of trios matches, and the reason why hardcores watch even the most obscure bouts: to get little snippets of matches that probably aren't going to happen. I know we're not getting Atlantis vs. Satanico but it sure is fun to dream.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-05-26-CMLL] Atlantis & Olimpico & Perro Aguayo vs Apolo Dantes & Mascara Ano 2000 & El Satanico