Pro Wrestling Only

[2017-05-18-NJPW-Best of the Super Juniors] Hiromu Takahashi vs Jushin Liger

ShittyLittleBoots

Definitely my most awaited match up of the whole tournament (alongside KUSHIDA/Taguchi) & they delivered just like I knew they would. The opening was super great & set up the pace for rest of the match - loved Liger's work on top, it's always a pleasure to see him do his thing & Hiromu sold + bumped his ass off for him. The transitions were also really great; loved Hiromu getting the advantage by using his quickness & then going for that big apron powerbomb. Him working the heat on Liger was terrific & Liger's big comeback was obviously superb. The nearfalls towards the end w/ Liger almost getting the W were amazing as well. Just a really damn good match. ***3/4

Man I loved this. Liger surprises him out of the bell with the big palm strike and then takes him outside and hits the somersault off the apron and the brainbuster. He's at first content with a countout win and then says, nah, and goes and gets him. Hiromu gets his big stuff in too - seated dropkick, powerbomb on the apron. He takes over, and I love him going for the mask, but then when he messes around with the one tip on the mask (couldn't see what he was doing, presumably using his tongue), Liger is like fuck no and pops right up and smacks him. There's still more back and forth, Liger tries for the ropes but can't escape being hit with a release german but then SUPER LIGER HULK UP and man that was great. Another palm strike into a Liger bomb gets ....two (man, what a nearfall). Then another brainbuster and I completely bought this but another 2.9999 kickout (credit Hiromu - both were excellent kickouts timing wise). Time bomb says goodnight ****

• GSR changed the title to [2017-05-18-NJPW-Best of the Super Juniors] Hiromu Takahashi vs Jushin Liger