The Mae Young Classic

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#41 donsem43

donsem43
  • Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:13 PM

Tessa has talent but the real question is if she will ever have the right mindset to take advantage of it.

Fyi, Abbey Laith is the former Kimber Lee and Jazzy Gabert is former World of Stardom champ Alpha Female.

#42 sek69

sek69

Winnipeg Arena's gonna be on fire

• Members
  • 10272 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:19 PM

Jazzy had a super quick stint in TNA where she was pushed like a monster then she completely disappeared. 

#43 Magnum Milano

Magnum Milano
  • Members
  • 1734 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 04:44 PM

Unless she's some sort of prodigy seems strange putting Taynara Conti in this. I think she's had like three matches total and one of those was a Battle Royal.

#44 sek69

sek69

• Members
  • 10272 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 05:44 PM

Unless she's some sort of prodigy seems strange putting Taynara Conti in this. I think she's had like three matches total and one of those was a Battle Royal.

Well that does seem odd....

*does Google Image Search*

...oh well, that explains it. 

#45 C.S.

C.S.
  • Members
  • 1783 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:42 PM

WWE.com: Marble-mouthed catastrophe Lita to call Mae Young Classic with Jim Ross

#46 sek69

sek69

• Members
  • 10272 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:25 PM

Well perhaps if they keep her away from the bar prior she'll be okay since she seemed half-smashed all the time on the PPV pre shows.

#47 Coffey

Coffey

@Skelemania

• Members
  • 3793 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:20 PM

That seems like the worst possible pairing for commentary for this thing to me, honestly.

#48 donsem43

donsem43
  • Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:50 PM

Your MYC winner...

DDhS2w-UAAAilK3.jpg

#49 donsem43

donsem43
  • Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 09:44 AM

The latest batch of entrants.

Sane and Kai (formerly Evie) have to be two of the favourites to win this. Other than their in-ring, they both have great charisma and really likable personalities that could make them big stars. I think people on this board will like Niven because she works a lot like a Tenta/Backwell type monster. Belair is interesting. It looks like the WWE is very high on both her and Lacey Evans so it wouldn't surprise me if one of them gets pushed in this, maybe even making the semi-finals.

#50 jcmmnx

jcmmnx
  • Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 10:07 PM

I seriously hope they don't push one of their green PC wrestlers to the final four. I would like to see Toni Storm get signed and get a push in this as it's pretty obvious she has what they'd be looking for in a future star. I like what I've seen from Viper, but that is mainly just matches against the best Stardom women. I have no idea if she can get a match out of some of these people who've never worked a 10 minute match in front of a live audience before.

#51 sek69

sek69

• Members
  • 10272 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:29 PM

They kind of have to though, it wouldn't make sense for them to have their homegrown talent all get run over. Maybe not final four level, but there's going to be a few indy women brought in just to make the PC crew look good. 

#52 donsem43

donsem43
  • Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 10:17 PM

So, after reading spoilers, it looks like they build the first night around Kairi Sane. She was that last woman to be introduce and was in the last match of the night. Serena Deeb looks like she's in the Brian Kendrick spot, although she might end up being better at it than Kendrick. Apparently, a couple of the PC girls, Xia Lee and Taynara Conti, impressed.

#53 SPS

SPS
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:32 AM

So, after reading spoilers, it looks like they build the first night around Kairi Sane. She was that last woman to be introduce and was in the last match of the night. Serena Deeb looks like she's in the Brian Kendrick spot, although she might end up being better at it than Kendrick. Apparently, a couple of the PC girls, Xia Lee and Taynara Conti, impressed.

Sucks Lufisto isn't in it, really thought this would be her chance to finally get to be in a WWE ring. Also would've liked to have seen Havok in but she has baggage so it's more understandable.

#54 donsem43

donsem43
  • Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:45 PM

Your Mae Young Classic Final:

Spoiler

Looking at the matchups, most of the second round should be good with pretty much every match in the quarters/semis might be really good, if not great.

Tom Phillips, Nigel McGinness, and Beth Phoenix did some of the announcing.

Also, it's awesome that Dave Prazak was backstage for this:

Spoiler

#55 Matt D

Matt D

4:40

• Members
  • 10166 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 07:33 AM

Spoiler

I'd be happier with Stacey's deranged Diva's Revenge angle than this.

#56 GOTNW

GOTNW

save all japan pro wrestling

• Members
  • 1888 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:13 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#57 Matt D

Matt D

• Members
  • 10166 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:16 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

To be fair, I never quite liked it then either. I'm consistent on this one. Speaking of that, it's not kayfabe so much as consistency across a card (or, hate to use the word, but "universe") that's an issue. Brock is at least physically massive in a way that's not replicated with females.

#58 GOTNW

GOTNW

save all japan pro wrestling

• Members
  • 1888 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:32 AM

To be fair, I never quite liked it then either.

So professional wrestling shouldn't take in athletes with prior athletic experience? Or that they could but they should never mention it if it exists?

#59 Matt D

Matt D

• Members
  • 10166 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:37 AM

They should mention it in a measured way. Hell they do that on Ninja Warrior. "Here's a football player. He's big and strong and explosive, but football players don't always transfer well into Ninja warrior because..."

There's such an inferiority complex in wrestling that the idea of someone saying "Brock's been competing in MMA circles for the last few years but WWE is a different game with different rules and different needs (stamina in a non-round system, different things being legal, pressures of submissions different with rope breaks, I don't know)" would never, ever happen. 

Steph showing ass for the first time in a year to Ronda didn't do anyone a bit of good when the night was over.

#60 donsem43

donsem43
  • Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:38 PM

At this point, is Ronda Rousey just Cyndi Lauper?

After TLC, I'm sure that when this airs more people will be upset that they ran an angle were a husband did a run in to save his wife from a post-match beat down than this. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users