What If: ...The WWF Signs Ric Flair in 1988

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 SteveJRogers

SteveJRogers
  • Members
  • 786 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 04:20 PM

People seem to have overlooked the fact that Arn and Tully were there in 88/89 and so you could have the amazing prospect of Bobby Herman leading a Four Horsemen with Ted DiBiase in the 4th slot.

If nothing else, the prospect of a Survivor Series against Hogan, Savage, Warrior, and Jake would have been something.

I once did a fan fic of The Horsemen, or at least Flair, Arn and Tully, I forget who I made the 4th, literally invading a show at MSG. Included roughing up Okerlund to get him in the ring for Ric to belt out a "MEAN! BY GOD! WOOO! GENE!"

#22 flyonthewall2983

flyonthewall2983
  • Members
  • 2602 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:05 PM

Flair coming in in '88 would have likely single-handedly opened up the WWF in the southern markets. Put him in a feud with Savage first (Hogan later) because I could imagine Savage more over with the Crockett audience than Hogan.

Putting Heenan as the manager of the 4 Horsemen would be perfect, but what about the Heenan Family?

#23 flyonthewall2983

flyonthewall2983
  • Members
  • 2602 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:06 PM

Flair coming in in '88 would have likely single-handedly opened up the WWF in the southern markets. Put him in a feud with Savage first (Hogan later) because I could imagine Savage more over with the Crockett audience than Hogan.

Putting Heenan as the manager of the 4 Horsemen would be perfect, but what about the Heenan Family?

#24 ...TG

...TG
  • Members
  • 731 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:13 PM

Did that have an appreciable affect in 1992?

#25 flyonthewall2983

flyonthewall2983
  • Members
  • 2602 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:25 PM

I'm guessing not for a few reasons. WCW was in dreadful shape on most levels when Flair left in '91, as compared to how good Crockett was drawing 3 years earlier. Plus WWF was more interested in opening up the European market in '92, and having their own troubles with the steroid/sex scandals and the depreciating affect that was having on business overall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users