PTBN GWWE

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#21 elliott

elliott
  • Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 05:24 AM

Greg Valentine is going to do really really well on my ballot.

#22 soup23

soup23
  • Moderators
  • 10486 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 05:35 AM

Is there a particular forum for the final list submission?

I am sure the final form will take the shape of what the GWE and VOW MOTY look like. 

#23 bradhindsight

bradhindsight
  • Moderators
  • 1568 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 07:19 AM

Commentary does not count per se - at least as a standalone. I'm sure some will receive slight boosts for intangibles because of their commentary (Lawler for one).

#24 soup23

soup23
  • Moderators
  • 10486 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 08:27 AM

A couple of key changes that have been included to the updated rules document.

1. We have made the determination to not include strictly on air characters that never wrestled. This resulted in the removal of Jim Cornette, Jimmy Hart, Grand Wizard and Miss Elizabeth from the nominations list. Our reasoning is since we are asking people to use the NJPW system and W stands for workrate, it was unfair to accurately these candidates by that same criteria since they never wrestled. By the same token, if you include the above then Gene Okerlund, Howard Finkel etc should be in consideration.

2. We have also decided that commentary is not a part of the process when judging such candidates like Gorilla Monsoon, Jesse Ventura, Vince McMahon and Jerry Lawler. Please keep that in mind when arguing their cases.

#25 Jimmy Redman

Jimmy Redman
  • Members
  • 2338 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 03:58 PM

Can a couple of you obliging blokes push my Layla and Kelly noms through before they get lost in the shuffle? I'll tell all your friends not to laugh at you, I promise.

#26 Jimmy Redman

Jimmy Redman
  • Members
  • 2338 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 03:58 PM

#27 Bigelow34

Bigelow34
  • Members
  • 1034 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:26 PM

All set, JR... both have been shifted.

#28 Jimmy Redman

Jimmy Redman
  • Members
  • 2338 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 10:34 PM

Cheers mate.

#29 elliott

elliott
  • Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 02:57 AM

Someone should go above and beyond and give us the years each nominee was/is in WWE for some perspective. The compartmentalizing careers is going to be the hardest part for me.

#30 conker8

conker8
  • Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 03:10 AM

Chris "Mookie" Harrington may have those stats.

If not, I can do it.

#31 CapitalTTruth

CapitalTTruth
  • Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 05:15 AM

Yeah, that has been tough for me so far. I am too often thinking of non-wwe first and then trying to remember exactly how long and how many runs they were in the wwe for

#32 Jimmy Redman

Jimmy Redman
  • Members
  • 2338 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 05:34 AM

You can go to cagematch.net and pull up someone's matches, then filter by company to get just WWE. That should give you an idea of how long their runs were at least.

#33 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 7978 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 11:30 AM

Without thinking about this much, yet. Bret, Hammer, Savage, and Cena are lukely my top 4. Ax is going way too high on my list.

#34 Mr. Lacelle

Mr. Lacelle
  • Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 03:46 PM

1. We have made the determination to not include strictly on air characters that never wrestled. This resulted in the removal of Jim Cornette, Jimmy Hart, Grand Wizard and Miss Elizabeth from the nominations list. Our reasoning is since we are asking people to use the NJPW system and W stands for workrate, it was unfair to accurately these candidates by that same criteria since they never wrestled. By the same token, if you include the above then Gene Okerlund, Howard Finkel etc should be in consideration.

2. We have also decided that commentary is not a part of the process when judging such candidates like Gorilla Monsoon, Jesse Ventura, Vince McMahon and Jerry Lawler. Please keep that in mind when arguing their cases.

Cornette had a match against Lothario. Jimmy Hart won a battle royal.

#35 Migs

Migs
  • Members
  • 1119 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 04:02 PM

Cornette had a match against Lothario. Jimmy Hart won a battle royal.

Liz was in a mixed tag at WM 6.

#36 soup23

soup23
  • Moderators
  • 10486 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 04:13 PM

1-5 matches over the span of their career doesn't really count.

#37 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 7978 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 05:21 PM

So Heenan, Fuji, Albano, Valiant stay on, while other managers drop off. That seems fair.

#38 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 7978 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 05:21 PM

Just realized I'll be the high vote on both Earthquake and Boss Man! 

#39 elliott

elliott
  • Members
  • 1338 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 06:06 PM

Piper is another one I'm going to be really high on.

#40 Dylan Waco

Dylan Waco
  • Moderators
  • 10189 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 12:21 AM

I don't quite understand the scoring rubric.

N: Nuance (Longevity, Flexibility, Intangibles)
J: Jump Up Factor (Memorable Peak Matches, Moments and Storylines)
P: Promo Skills & Character Work
W: Workrate

Setting aside whether I like the idea of an official rubric in the first place, how are we supposed to measure these things? Are we just considering these factors or are we assigning them numbers? I rarely go on FB so the discussions there will have very little utility for me. That said I'm still interested in voting unless there is some really rigid guideline for applying that rubric that I don't understand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users