Pro Wrestling Only

WWF On Tour June 1985

LowBlowPodcast

250px-WWF_Superstars_Of_Wrestling.jpg

WWF Superstars

Vince McMahon & Jesse the Body Ventura

Matches from Poughkeepsie, NY – Mid-Hudson Civic Center

Gino Hernandez & Chris Adams defeated Phil Lafon & Tom Zenk

Chris Adams: Well I guess we saw it go down last night. The Machines retained… but that means nothing because in just one week… it won’t be that way… in just one week… it will all be lost!

Gino Hernandez: You know Chris and I have been talking about it… and we are SO CONFIDENT that we will beat the Machines next week… we are willing to put our hair on the line if they put their masks on the line!

Chris Adams: So you boys think long and hard… because we are willing to put it all on the line at Saturday Night’s Main Event!

*COMMERCIAL*

Jake Roberts defeated Frankie DeFalco

Jake Roberts: I guess the world has seen the true colors of so many… but you know snake can change its color depending on its mood. You see right now I am in a bad mood. I have got a couple of things on my mind… the one big thing is that monster Sika… at Saturday Night’s Main Event… it is me and you big man. I hear you have got an animal like instinct… well shake this tree and see what happens boy.

*COMMERCIAL*

EVENT CENTER

Mean Gene is going off in the event center this week. He puts over the big night last night and how we have a new King in the WWF, Randy Savage. He puts over how Hulk Hogan overcame the odds to retain the title against King Kong Bundy. He talks about the Machines and how they barely defeated the Harts but were victorious. He then goes on about the request of the Dynamic Duo about the Hair vs Mask amendment. We then get word from none other than President Jack Tunney on a couple of different topics…

JackTunney.jpg

TAG TITLE SITUATION

Jack Tunney: I feel as though this issue between the Machines and the Dynamic Duo has come to a boiling point and I have no choice but to make a ruling on this contest. It is with that judgment that the match will be a Two out of Three Falls Match for the WWF Tag Team Championship. If the Machines win, they will retain the Tag Team Titles but also get to cut the hair of Gino Hernandez and Chris Adams. If Adams and Hernandez win, they will win the tag team titles and the masks of the Machines must be removed. Furthermore, I am stipulating that if there is a count out or disqualification in the deciding fall, the titles will still be able to change hands.

TITO SANTANA & GREG VALENTINE

Jack Tunney: The aftermath of last night’s brutal contest between Greg Valentine & Tito Santana has left both men both physically and mentally defeated. I have already heard from a number of different sources about that contest and we will not be showing footage of that contest. We wish both men a speedy recovery.

HULK HOGAN SITUATION

Jack Tunney: Given the happening from yesterday’s Wrestling Challenge and the further injuries to Hillbilly Jim by the Koloffs… I have agreed to let Hulk Hogan find a suitable replacement for the contest. Given that the show in on NBC’s Saturday Night’s Main Event, we will not have word of who that replacement is until the time of the show…

SATURDAY NIGHT’S MAIN EVENT

Saturday July 6th from Houston, Texas

MAIN EVENT

Hulk Hogan & Mystery Partner vs Ivan & Nikita Koloff

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

2/3 FALLS

MASKS vs HAIR

The Machines vs The Dynamic Duo

Jake Roberts vs Sika w/ Gary Hart

Barry Windham vs Bret Hart

*COMMERCIAL*

Barry Windham defeated Lt. James Wright

Jimmy Hart: Barry Windham, since you have come on the scene… everyone has talked about just how good you are in the ring… but you have got nothing on the Hitman baby!

Bret Hart: That’s right Windham… they don’t call me the Excellence of Execution for nothing… I am going to stretch you like a pretzel… so don’t get salty!

*COMMERCIAL*

MAIN EVENT

Paul Roma & Jim Powers vs Kamala & Sika w/ Gary Hart

-A good showcase for Kamala and Sika who beat the piss out of these guys but don’t quite have the tag team acumen. They have got some animalistic tendencies that really cause chaos in that ring and we see a nasty Samoan drop from Sika on Paul Roma before Kamala runs and BIG SPLASH for the 3-count! The crowd isn’t happy as they are looking to continue this battle before Jake the Snake Roberts runs out and tosses the snake Damien in the ring! Kamala and Sika exit the ring with Gary Hart as Jake holds the snake up. They have a date with destiny at Saturday Night’s Main Event! What a night that has become!

Courtesy-of-WWE.com_26.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WWF Live

June 30, 1985

Detroit, MI – Joe Louis Arena

MAIN EVENT

Hulk Hogan & Randy Savage defeated Harley Race & King Kong Bundy w/ Bobby Heenan

WWF TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Machines v Gino Hernandez & Chris Adams went to a double DQ

Jake Roberts defeated Sika via DQ when Kamala interfered

Billy Jack Haynes defeated Brutus Beefcake

BATTLE ROYAL

Nikita Koloff won a 20-man battle royal

I love this because it feels like late 80s WWF. Always something to build to no matter how far away it is. Royal brawl was fun, Nikita looked like a monster in the end. Speaking of Nikita, his epic showdown with Hogan must be coming but curious to see who Hulk selects as his partner for SNME.

Hate to be a heel but I hope the Machines get unmasked. lol

OK, when I read the words Reverse Battle Royal, I got a shiver down my back. Good thing it's just the Royal Rumble reworded. Also, yeah, Nikita had to win.

Fun way to turn Brutus babyface, but I wonder how much higher they can get.

Windham/Hernandez & Santana/Valentine are both matches that would be awesome in '85 WWF and would be highlights in future Internet postings.

Machines is still something I don't quite get, but I don't hate either.

Savage heel turn is incoming and I can't wait.

Hogan ends things with Bundy, but the big match is upcoming. Again, the exact right thing to do and what Vince would've likely done if he could've got Nikita during this time. In fact, kind of crazy we never really had a real Hogan vs. Russian feud during this time.

I must say that there are so many feuds going on here that there is something for everyone. The names are Hall of Fame worthy all throughout the roster and I enjoy that you have some master plan as to when each gets a major push. This roster and organization allows your format to work everywhere in the country and really worldwide.

I am also rooting for that complete heel turn by Savage as it just feels right. This would lead nicely to Hogan-Savage down the road....maybe even Wrestlemania II

I am unsure of how many hair matches there were in the WWF but I hope this one ends with NOBODY getting their hair cut. The Machine angle is not my favorite and would love to see the masks come off.