Pro Wrestling Only

NWA Lutte Internationale June 1985

SirEdger

NWA Lutte Internationale TV

Taped at CHLT-TV Studios, Sherbrooke, QC

Broadcasted June 1st, 1985

dieu.jpg220px-Nwalogobw.jpg

(After the opening credits, we’re going to the broadcast booth where Guy Hauray & Édouard Carpentier wait to start this week’s show)

Guy Hauray: Hello, wrestling fans, and welcome to Lutte Internationale TV. We’re coming off a huge week in Lutte Internationale and a stunning turn of events as “The Living Legend” Bruno Sammartino showed up in our studios last week and announced that he was the special enforcer appointed by the NWA Board of Directors to oversee what is happening here in Lutte Internationale.

Édouard Carpentier: It took absolutely everyone by surprise and I can assure you that no one saw this coming, Guy. Things are about to change because now, Frank Valois will be able to focus on his job as a promoter. Especially with the Great American Bash tour coming up in July and we’re also having our own Pre-Bash tour in the United States.

Guy Hauray: Yes, indeed, more on that later in the program. But as it pertains to Bruno Sammartino, we saw that he didn’t waste any time into making his presence felt last week as he’s gonna make sure that on June 14th, Alexis Smirnoff gets no help from the Bolshevik Revolution at CNE Coliseum when he faces NWA World Tag Team Champion Raymond Rougeau. But not only that, we’re kicking off this week’s show with another surprise: Bruno Sammartino appointed himself as the special guest referee in our opening match, just to ensure that we don’t get any shenanigans! Let’s get to ringside for our opening match!

Match #1

Guest Referee – NWA Special Enforcer “The Living Legend” Bruno Sammartino

The Spoiler vs Gilles “The Fish” Poisson

Bruno makes sure that everyone is clean and hasn’t anything to hide as he thoroughly checks the gear of both The Spoiler & Poisson, even making sure that The Spoiler doesn’t use his mask to conceal a weapon. Contact is made and the match is on the way. Quite the even contest and Bruno officiates this match fair and square and we’re pretty much getting your run-of-the-mill TV match. However, it looks like the veteran Spoiler wants to test The Living Legend by bending the rules a bit, with a late break in the corner. This prompts Bruno to use force to remove The Spoiler out of the corner! We can’t read through a mask but by The Spoiler’s body language, he clearly isn’t happy that Bruno interjected himself. But in the end, things go back to normal and The Spoiler’s head is back in the game. The Spoiler scores the victory with his dreaded Claw on Gilles Poisson, who quickly submits. Bruno raises The Spoiler’s hand and looks like Spoiler has already forgotten about their little altercation a few minutes earlier as they shake hands afterwards.

Winner: The Spoiler

(After the match, Bruno steps out of the ring to join the broadcast booth for an interview)

Édouard Carpentier: Mr. Bruno Sammartino, it’s an honor to have you on board in the NWA, and especially here in Lutte Internationale. We already saw last week how you plan to enforce law and order and you did it again this week.

Bruno Sammartino: Thank you, Mr. Carpentier. You know, this is something that matters very much to me as I want Mr. Frank Valois to focus on his job as promoter of Lutte Internationale and giving all these great fans a show that they’ll never forget. That’s why I was brought in by the NWA Board of Directors to make sure that he can do his job appropriately. We have the Commies and we got the Japanese and they wanna overtake this territory well guess what? Not on my watch! You’ll conform like everyone else and you’re gonna play by the rules. And if you have a problem with that, I’m easy to find and we’ll gladly take care of this....

(Bruno is interrupted by the Bolshevik Revolution, with Alexis Smirnoff in front, showing up to the broadcast booth.)

Alexis Smirnoff: Look at you, old man. You really are thinking that you can stop the Bolshevik Revolution? Ore the Japanese masked men? Keep dreaming! You see....we don’t answer to anyone in this territory. We only answer to the Soviet Union; to communism; we only answer to our own interests. We have vowed to take down everyone in this territory and that’s exactly what we will do. Whether the NWA appointed someone or not will not change anything. You can’t stop us.

(Bruno is seemingly unnerved by the words of Alexis Smirnoff but he tries to not show it)

Alexis Smirnoff: You thought you made a favour to Ray Rougeau by banning from ringside in Toronto on June 14 but I can only assure you that this will only make things worse for him. I, by myself, am the most dangerous man you’ll find in this territory. Everyone can recognize that. I can beat Rougeau by myself. I can beat anyone by myself and I will prove it to the world.

Bruno Sammartino: Oh, is that right? I guess that I have the solution for you then....Next week, on this show, you’ll square off against Mad Dog Lefebvre so you can settle your beef once and for all. And I don’t wanna see any of your Bolshevik buddies at ringside or you’ll never step into a ring in this territory ever again!

(Smirnoff is livid and he has to be restrained by his fellow Bolsheviks)

Bruno Sammartino: I’m giving you the opportunity to prove to the world that you can back up your words. Everyone remembers that you’re the one who allowed Terry Funk to become the NWA Canadian International Heavyweight Champion against Rick Martel. You got a big bullseye on your chest and if you can’t take the heat, get out of the kitchen. I’ll be watching you and your comrades closely.

(Bruno retreats backstage while Smirnoff has to be talked down to by his stablemates until he finally calms down and they go to the back as well)

Édouard Carpentier: I’m telling you, Guy, I am fully confident that Bruno will impose his law here in the territory and Alexis Smirnoff will feel the brunt of it quite early.

Guy Hauray: It’s definitely about time that Smirnoff gets a taste of his own medicine, if you ask me. It’s gonna be interesting to see how Smirnoff will respond to that in due time next week against Mad Dog Lefebvre. Bruno hasn’t addressed the newly formed Quebec Alliance but we can presume that he’ll be fair and impartial and impose the same set of rules for them. But, when we come back, we’re gonna give you the first details of our Pre-Bash tour at the end of the month!

*******COMMERCIAL BREAK********

Guy Hauray: Welcome back to Lutte Internationale TV. As the news was broken by a press release by Mid-Atlantic, we’re about to enter the Great American Bash Tour in July with non-stop action throughout the summer. It will also be the perfect occasion for us to showcase our talents as Lutte Internationale is going back south for the 2nd time this year with a 3-night tour in the south of the United States. We’ll kick things off on Friday June 28th, at the Charlotte Coliseum in Charlotte, North Carolina for a jampacked night of action. We cannot officially disclose the card yet but we’re planning on having many championship matches on that card. The only thing that we can confirm is that the rugged Stan “The Lariat” Hansen will headline the card in Charlotte! Our second event will take place the following night on June 29th at the Texas A&M University-Commerce Fieldhouse in Commerce, Texas. For that card, we can confirm that the main event will be for the NWA Canadian International TV Championship as champion Gino Brito will be defending his championship against “Dirty” Dutch Mantel! Finally, our last stop will take place on Sunday June 30th, at the Osawatomie High School in Osawatomie, Kansas. You don’t want to miss that event because this main event will be huge as Ric Flair will be defending the NWA World Heavyweight Championship against Raymond Rougeau! More info on the cards will be made available as we get closer to those dates! When we return, we’ll hear from Sherri Martel and her Sensationals!

PRE-BASH TOUR EVENT PARTIAL CARDS

PRE-BASH TOUR NIGHT 1

Friday June 28th, 1985

Charlotte Coliseum, Charlotte, NC

MAIN EVENT

Stan “The Lariat” Hansen vs TBA

PRE-BASH TOUR NIGHT 2

Saturday June 29th, 1985

Texas A&M University-Commerce Fieldhouse, Commerce, TX

MAIN EVENT

NWA CANADIAN INTERNATIONAL TV CHAMPIONSHIP

Gino Brito © vs “Dirty” Dutch Mantel

PRE-BASH TOUR NIGHT 3

Sunday June 30th, 1985

Osawatomie High School, Osawatomie, KS

MAIN EVENT

NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Ric Flair © vs Raymond Rougeau

******COMMERCIAL BREAK********

Guy Hauray: Welcome back to Lutte Internationale TV. Please, welcome to the set Sherri Martel and her Sensationals, Billy Robinson, Terry Taylor & Rip Oliver.

(Sherri Martel walks to the set along with all members of the Sensationals. Billy Robinson is also sporting that custom championship belt he had made for him several months ago)

Sherri Martel: First of all, old man, it’s the Sensational Heavyweight Champion Billy Robinson. Don’t you forget that!

Guy Hauray: I ap---

Sherri Martel: Shut up! We got some things to discuss here. Things haven’t gone exactly the way we had planned but we’re about to get back on track. A lot of people have come to me at airports, restaurants, hotels...arenas all over the country asking me....”What happened with Nick Bockwinkel? I thought he’d be part of the Sensationals now!” Well guess what...Bockwinkel made the biggest mistake of his life by saying no to me and look where it brought him. He’s now back in Minneapolis where he knows that I can’t make him regret turning me down. But that’s fine with me because I can now focus on what I should’ve been doing a long time ago and that’s optimizing the potential of my Sensationals.

Guy Hauray: What do you exactly mean by that?

Sherri Martel: You see, when you have to resort to creating a title because you’re not recognized to your fullest potential, this means that something is wrong. Something is holding you back. Or should I say...someone is holding you back.

(Sherri Martel turns towards Billy Robinson & Terry Taylor)

Sherri Martel: Last night, in Calgary, Billy Robinson issued an open challenge to face him and earn an eventual Sensational Heavyweight Championship match. Under normal circumstances, that’s all fine by me....but when it’s one of my own responding to that open challenge, I take issues with that.

Terry Taylor: Wait, wait, wait, wait....hold on a second, I thought this was supposed to be a very serious meeting about the future of The Sensationals and this is what it’s about? The fact that I’m the one who answered Billy’s challenge? (Sherri seems to be fuming)...Oh, wait a minute, I see what’s the problem. Is it because I pinned the “Sensational” Heavyweight Champion in the middle of the ring? Is that what it’s about?

Billy Robinson: You got lucky, mate, and you know it! There’s no chance you could’ve beaten me on my best night and...

Terry Taylor: And you’re making excuses as well? Let me tell you something, buddy. Man up and face it; I was the better man last night in Calgary. I beat you fair and square and you now owe me a shot at your “title”. Will you dock me or what?

Sherri Martel: You listen to me, real good, Taylor. This isn’t about you, it’s about US; THE SENSATIONALS. This title belongs to Billy Robinson and you know it.

Terry Taylor: So, that means I ain’t getting my shot then? Billy, what’s wrong with you? You’re gonna let her tell you what to do now?

(Sherri Martel immediately responds with a slap to Terry Taylor’s face!)

Sherri Martel: Now, you listen to me very good, Terry Taylor. I’m the one who brought you in The Sensationals and I can get you out just like that (snaps her fingers). You should bow down to me and...AAAAAAARGH!

(Terry Taylor has grabbed Sherri by the shoulders and is about to snap when Rip Oliver clubs Taylor from behind! Taylor goes down hard and Guy Hauray retreats behind the broadcast table as Robinson & Oliver puts the boots to Taylor! Taylor is trying to defend himself but the numbers are too great as Sherri even gets involved! Robinson & Oliver hold Taylor as Sherri gives him another slap for good measure. As Oliver & Robinson still restrain Taylor, Sherri proceeds to forcibly remove Taylor’s jacket off him. Sherri asks for the mic again and she holds the jacket in the air.)

Sherri Martel: The Sensational Heavyweight Championship is important but nothing matters more than this right here. When you’re a Sensational, you wear this jacket 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! But when you’re not worthy of this jacket anymore, I do what I just did to you, Terry Taylor, and I take it away from you. This jacket, Terry Taylor, was your lifeblood in Lutte Internationale. And now, you have absolutely NOTHING. NOTHING. You’re not worthy of that jacket anymore! And I can assure you, Terry Taylor, that I will find somebody more suitable for this Sensational jacket than you ever were in the first place. Now, if you know what’s good for you, you’re gonna do the exact same thing Nick Bockwinkel did and you’re gonna bolt out of here. By hook or by crook, I promise you that we’ll never see you here ever again!

(Sherri spits on Terry Taylor before leaving with Taylor’s jacket. Taylor reaches out and in a last moment of humiliation, Rip Oliver turns around and gives a boot to Taylor’s head! Officials rush to Terry Taylor to check on him as we go to commercial break)

*******COMMERCIAL BREAK**********

MAIN EVENT

Match #2

Raymond Rougeau (NWA World Tag Team Champion, w/Jacques Rougeau) vs Prince Alofa Fatu (w/Eddy “The Brain” Creatchman)

Before the match starts, the broadcast team confirms that next week’s main event will feature Alexis Smirnoff going one-on-one with Mad Dog Lefebvre and both Bolshevik Revolution & L’Alliance Québécoise will be banned from ringside. With his brother Jacques at ringside to watch his back, Raymond is more focused on the task at hand and Eddy Creatchman is less tentative of trying to get himself involved in the match. Obviously, Raymond’s experience factors in as he gets the early momentum in the match. However, it won’t be Eddy Creatchman’s interference who’ll be costly to Raymond but his little brother Jacques spotting Eddy trying to interfere and costing the tide to turn in favour of Prince Alofa Fatu. Fatu kept working on the legs on Raymond to ensure that he wouldn’t be able to use his dreaded Savate Kick that earned him many wins in the past. And eventually, the lack of experience from Fatu will come to haunt him again as a missed diving headbutt allows Raymond to come back in the match. Raymond works his way back into dominance and it looks like he’s about to use that Savate Kick on Fatu. That’s when The Great Samu comes into play but he’s rapidly intercepted by Jacques who jumps on Samu right away to fight him off. Eddy instructs Fatu to finish off Raymond but Raymond uses the small cradle on Fatu to score the pinfall victory! Raymond immediately steps out of the ring and helps Jacques fend off Samu & Eddy Creatchman. The show ends as Raymond is handed his title belt and the Rougeaus are jawjacking with The Creatchman Family. Will Eddy Creatchman ever get his wish of taking the titles away from the Rougeaus?

Winner: Raymond Rougeau

20111012-052508-g.jpg

À LA SEMAINE PROCHAINE SI DIEU LE VEUT!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

June 1st, 1985

Kingfisher Lake, ON

-Dory Funk Jr beat Nord the Barbarian in 15:05. As expected, Eddy Creatchman wasn't nowhere in sight after firing Nord from the Creatchman Family last night...

-Terry Taylor beat Steve Strong in 8:39

-Billy Robinson (w/Sherri Martel) beat Thunderbolt Patterson in 22:29. Sherri was carrying around Terry Taylor's Sensational jacket.

-Baron Von Raschke beat Rip Oliver (w/Sherri Martel) in 7:55

4-Way Elimination Tag Match: NWA World TV Champion Tully Blanchard & Arn Anderson beat The Strong Machines, the Bolshevik Revolution & The Rougeau Brothers (Jacques & Armand). Jacques & Armand were the first eliminated after an illegal switch from the Machines allowed them to pin Armand; Smirnoff & Zhukov were the next eliminated by a gordbuster from Arn Anderson on Smirnoff and The Strong Machines were the last eliminated after Tully Blanchard hit the Slingshot Suplex on Strong Machine #2.

Guest Referee - Bruno Sammartino: NWA World Tag Team Champion Raymond Rougeau beat Dirty Dutch Mantel. Dory Funk Jr tried to interfere but Bruno was able to keep him at bay!

That was a fun read! Terry Taylor's turn gives you a babyf ace STAR and they are hard to come by.

USA VS USSR always sells. Smirnoff may not be the best of all the "Russians" but any serves the purpose and it would always sell.

Bruno as the savior is cool but if I was MACW and SMW, I would be nervous..... is WWF sending in a spy?

June 2nd, 1985

Pontbriand, QC

-The debuting Shawn Michaels (w/Marty Jannetty) upsets NWA World Tag Team Champion Jacques Rougeau (w/Raymond Rougeau) in 15:06 with a 2nd rope Sunset Flip!

NWA World TV Championship No DQ Match: Tully Blanchard beat Tom Pritchard to retain. Both men used every piece of furniture they could find at their disposal, including a table and a ladder!!!

3-Way Dance: The Lone Star Outlaws defeated Ron Garvin & Bob Backlund & new Creatchman Family members, the debuting Botswana Beast & Lord Humongous (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) in 13:41. Garvin & Backlund were first eliminated by The Creatchman Family and some officials had to come out to stop the carnage. Eventually, The Creatchman Family got counted out after fighting with the already eliminated Garvin & Backlund, giving the victory to Dory Funk Jr & Dirty Dutch Mantell.

NWA Canadian International Tag Team Championship: Rick Martel & Gino Brito beat The Strong Machines (w/Super Strong Machine) to retain.

June 7th, 1985

Blue Ridge, AB

Matinee event

Lumberjack Match: Rip Oliver (w/Sherri Martel) beat Terry Taylor in 11:58

-Lord Humongous (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) vs Shawn Michaels went to a no-contest after Humongous threw a fireball in Shawn Michaels' face at the :43 mark!

-Lone Star Outlaws beat Bob Backlund & NWA World Tag Team Champion Raymond Rougeau in 17:47 when Dory Funk pinned Backlund.

-The Botswana Beast (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) beat The Spoiler in 8:35

-Steve Strong upsets Superstar Billy Graham in 17:29

-Boris Zhukov beat Strong Machine 2 in 5:23

-NWA Canadian International Tag Team Champion Rick Martel vs NWA World Tag Team Champion Jacques Rougeau ends in a no-contest at 9:54 after interference from The Creatchman Family. Gino Brito runs in from the save and they the NWA Canadian International Tag Team Champions challenge The Creatchman Family to a title match tomorrow night in Whistler, BC!!!

NWA World Television Championship: Tully Blanchard beat Butch Miller in 38:34 to retain

Broadcasted June 8th, 1985

(After the opening credits, we go to the broadcast booth where await Guy Hauray & Édouard Carpentier to start the show)

Guy Hauray: Good morning, everyone, and welcome to NWA Lutte Internationale TV. Another jampacked episode in store for you, fans, this week as the continuation of the war between L’Alliance Québécoise and the foreigners in Lutte Internationale is taking centerstage. In our main event this week, Alexis Smirnoff will square off with Mad Dog Lefebvre in what should be one hellacious main event.

Édouard Carpentier: I think that this will be explosive, Guy. Smirnoff & Lefebvre have been at the heart of this war for a while now and I’m not expecting this to slow down anytime soon. And the question will be if Mad Dog Lefebvre’s main ally will be able to do anything in case things go awry.

Guy Hauray: That remains to be seen because later in the show, Richard “Le Magnifique” Charland, Lefebvre’s tag team partner, will square off against the dangerous Japanese star Super Strong Machine. We’ve seen what the Strong Machines are capable of and there’s no doubt that Super Strong Machine will be looking to send a message as well.

Édouard Carpentier: When Rusher Kimura spent a few months with us last year, we saw how capable he was of inflicting damage. But Super Strong Machine is on a whole other level. He also has allies; as evil as he is. Just imagine for a moment if the Bolshevik Revolution and the Strong Machines decide to join forces to eradicate L’Alliance Québécoise. Our local guys have a lot of heart. We have champions like Rick Martel, Gino Brito & the Rougeaus. But still, there are so many threats coming from everywhere that no one can say for sure what will happen.

Guy Hauray: That’s what we’ll see tonight but to kick us off, this week, one half of the World Tag Team Champions, Raymond Rougeau!

Match #1

Butch Miller (w/Luke Williams) vs NWA World Tag Team Champion Raymond Rougeau (w/Jacques Rougeau)

Both men showing signs of mutual respect as they shook hands prior to the match. The broadcast team hypes the possibility of seeing The Sheepherders challenging the Rougeaus for the NWA World Tag Team Championship. A rugged & spirited tilt awaits the fans in attendance inside the studio. Raymond is a bit banged up from his match last week against Prince Alofa Fatu. Also in the match, the broadcast team points out the great performance by Butch Miller the night before against NWA World TV Champion Tully Blanchard in Blue Ridge, Alberta. Butch uses Ray’s physical condition to gain momentum. Butch wants to avoid the Savate Kick at all costs and that’s his strategy going forward in the match. However, a badly-timed charge in the corner switches the momentum and allows Raymond Rougeau to come back in the match. Brother Jacques is keeping an eye on Luke Williams but the other Sheepherders steers clear from getting involved. In the end, Butch Miller cannot avoid the Savate Kick and this allows Raymond Rougeau to score another victory.

Winner: Raymond Rougeau

(As the match ends, both men’s partners climb in the ring and shake hands once again. However, their attention turns to the entrance area as all of a sudden, a casket draped with the Quebec flag is wheeled next to the broadcast booth. A man wearing a Strong Machine mask comes to the broadcast booth and hands over a piece of paper to Guy Hauray. The masked man leaves the ring but the casket remains at ringside. Guy Hauray reads out loud the note he was handed.)

In times of war, one must be willing to make the ultimate sacrifice. Vanquish or perish. However, one must also know when it is time to retreat. When you’re outnumbered. When you’re weakened. When you realize that you have no chance. He who makes a foolish decision will suffer the backlash and consequences of your delusion. This pine box is here to remind you that this is the fate awaiting anyone who will dare to cross our paths. The Quebec Alliance has seemingly made their choice and now, you all have reached the point of no return. Whether it is from the comrades of the iced land or whether it is from the samurais of the rising sun, the time has come for the Quebec Alliance to meet its quick untimely end. You had the chance to stay away but you chose otherwise. It is now too late.

Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win. Which one will you be?

S. M.

(The Sheepherders and the Rougeaus are looking at the Quebec flag-draped casket and everyone is quite puzzled & perplexed. They eventually leave the ring)

Guy Hauray: I’m.....I’m sorry, ladies and gentlemen. I’m quite speechless at what I just read. We will take a break and we will be right back.

********COMMERCIAL BREAK********

Match #2

Richard “Le Magnifique” Charland (w/Frenchy Martin) vs Super Strong Machine

As he makes his way to the ring, Richard Charland is quite uneasy as he stares at the casket still at ringside while Frenchy Martin is trying to motivate his friend & client. In the meantime, as Super Strong Machine makes his way to the ring, there is very little to no doubt as to whom was behind that message as Super Strong Machine also eyes the casket and taunts Charland inside the ring. Le Magnifique musters some courage and starts the match strong, taking an early advantage on the Japanese star but his momentum is stopped short when Charland eyes the casket at ringside, allowing Super Strong Machine to jump Charland from behind. Super Strong Machine maintains the advantage for a while but whenever Charland comes back, he seems to be haunted by the casket at ringside. At one point, Charland hits a piledriver on Super Strong Machine but instead of going for the cover, he steps outside the ring to check the casket. Charland is being cautious as he slowly makes his way to the casket but that allows Super Strong Machine to regain his senses. He sneaks behind Charland and he smashes his face in the ring post! Charland has no clue to what just happened as he staggers back in the ring. The only thing Super Strong Machine has left to do is to hit his Machine DDT on Charland and make the cover to scoop the victory.

Winner: Super Strong Machine

(As the match ends, Super Strong Machine continues his assault on Charland and Frenchy Martin tries to interject himself but the Japanese star sends him flying with his Machine Lariat. Charland briefly recovers and starts swinging at Machine but then, Alexis Smirnoff runs in to attack Charland! It’s now a 2-on-1 attack on Charland and it’s Charland’s turn to be sent outside. Smirnoff & Machine are dragging Charland towards the casket and Smirnoff throws away the Quebec flag that was covering the casket. It looks like they’re gonna lock Charland in the casket! But wait....Mad Dog Lefebvre makes the save and attacks Smirnoff! It’s now a fair fight and Charland and Super Strong Machine fight their way back to the locker room area while Smirnoff & Lefebvre are brawling all around the ring. Bruno Sammartino & Lutte referees come out to get some sort of order in this as we’re going to commercial break!)

********COMMERCIAL BREAK*******

MAIN EVENT

Match #3

Alexis Smirnoff vs Mad Dog Lefebvre (w/Frenchy Martin)

JOINED IN PROGRESS

We’re back from the commercial break and the match is well under way inside the ring. Bruno Sammartino has been able to calm things down during the commercial break and we notice that the casket has also been removed from the studio area. Smirnoff and Lefebvre are exchanging bombs left and right and it’s literally a pier-six brawl within the confine of the rules of a normal wrestling match. However, Mad Dog’s emotions seem to get the best of him as his anger cost him dearly, almost hitting the referee. That allows Smirnoff to hit a Russian Leg Sweep on Lefebvre to gain the momentum. For a solid 10 minutes, Smirnoff is in complete control of the match and is neutralizing Mad Dog. Luckily for Mad Dog, it’s a blocked suplex that will change his fortune as he’s able to hit a suplex on his own on Smirnoff. From that moment forward, Mad Dog is in control and he’s on his way to mount a comeback. However, a ducked clothesline from Lefebvre sends referee Adrien Desbois outside the ring and we’re left momentarily without a referee. Alexis Smirnoff seizes the opportunity to hit a low blow on Mad Dog and he goes to pick up Mad Dog’s chain. Smirnoff goes to hit Mad Dog with the chain but Mad Dog kicks him in the gut and the chain goes down. Mad Dog picks up the chain and he wants to hit Smirnoff, who’s down on his keister, begging Mad Dog for mercy. But that’s the same moment that Desbois comes back to his senses and spots Mad Dog with the chain. Seeing that Smirnoff is down in the ring and Mad Dog has a weapon in his hands, the referee calls for the bell! The audience is irate as referee Adrien Desbois raises Smirnoff’s hands, who’s smiling from ear to ear. As Alexis Smirnoff leaves the studio, this week’s episode ends with Mad Dog Lefebvre arguing with the senior official!

20111012-052508-g.jpg

June 8th, 1985

Whistler, BC

Matinee event

-Dutch Mantell beat Billy Robinson (w/Sherri Martel) in 10:02

-The Strong Machines (Super Strong Machine & Strong Machine #2) beat Frenchy's Legion in 26:11

-Steve Strong & Rip Oliver (w/Sherri Martel) beat "Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal & Terry Taylor in 18:28

-Armand Rougeau vs Shawn Michaels ends in a no-contest after interference from The Creatchman Family at 11:55. Michaels got pummeled by kendo stick shots by Lord Humongous while Botswana Beast took care of Armand Rougeau under the guidance of Eddy Creatchman!

Main Event #1 - NWA World Television Championship: Tully Blanchard beat Pedro Morales in 22:31 to retain

Main Event #2 - NWA Canadian International Tag Team Championship: Rick Martel & NWA Canadian International TV Champion Gino Brito beat The Creatchman Family (The Botswana Beast & Lord Humongous, w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) in 40:18 after interference from Armand Rougeau & Shawn Michaels, who came out to neutralize Eddy Creatchman. The Beast got distracted long enough to allow Rick Martel to pin him with a school boy!

June 9th, 1985

Georgetown, ON

Battlebowl Tour Event

Battlebowl Qualifier: NWA Canadian International & United States Heavyweight Champion Terry Funk beat Bob Backlund in 17:18. Postmatch, Terry Funk says that competing in Battlebowl is beneath him so he won't take part in the Battlebowl Match in the main event. The only way that he would do so would be if Magnum TA was in it and he knows that he isn't because Magnum is scared of him.

Battlebowl Qualifier: Strong Machine 3 beat Luke Williams in 9:21

Battlebowl Qualifier: The Creatchman Family (The Great Samu & Prince Alofa Fatu, w/Afa & Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) beat Ron Garvin & NWA World Tag Team Champion Raymond Rougeau in 12:48

Battlebowl Qualifier: Armand Rougeau beat Billy Robinson (w/Sherri Martel) in 11:57

Battlebowl Qualifier 6-Men Elimination Tag: The Strong Machines (Super Strong Machine & Strong Machine #2) & Butch Miller beat "Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal & Lone Star Outlaws in 12:38

NWA World Television Championship: Tully Blanchard beat Mad Dog Lefebvre (w/Frenchy Martin) in 37:35 to retain

Battlebowl Match: Steve Strong (subbing for Terry Funk), Strong Machine 3 & The Creatchman Family beat Armand Rougeau, The Strong Machines & Butch Miller when Super Strong Machine & Strong Machine 2 turned on their partners, allowing The Great Samu to pin Armand Rougeau with a top rope splash!

June 14th, 1985

CNE Coliseum, Toronto, ON

Steel Cage Match: Pistol Pez Whatley defeated Larry Zbyszko in 21:33. The cage was in place to ensure that the Strong Machines wouldn't try to interfere and ruin the match to start the double shot events this weekend.

-Richard "Le Magnifique" Charland (w/Frenchy Martin) beat The Botswana Beast (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) in 14:51

-Alexis Smirnoff beat NWA World Tag Team Champion Raymond Rougeau in 14:02 after using a chain to strike Raymond

-Dutch Mantell beat Mad Dog Lefebvre (w/Frenchy Martin) in 14:41

-Super Strong Machine beat Ron Garvin in 8:54. Postmatch, the Strong Machines beat up & bloodied Ron Garvin with chair shots until Richard Charland & Mad Dog Lefebvre came out to make the save. As Garvin was carried out by referees & officials, Mad Dog Lefebvre took the mic and challenged the Strong Machines to a 6-Men Tag tomorrow night at the Battlebowl Tour Event in the building. Lefebvre vows that they'll have a partner for this match!

NWA Canadian International Tag Team Championship: Rick Martel & NWA Canadian International TV Champion Gino Brito beat The Creatchman Family (The Great Samu & Prince Alofa Fatu, w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) in 64:29 to retain

Broadcasted June 15th, 1985

(After the opening credits, we join Guy Hauray and Édouard Carpentier to the broadcast booth to start this week’s show.)

Guy Hauray: Hello, wrestling fans, and welcome to this week’s NWA Lutte Internationale TV. After what happened last week, tempers could really flare once again in our main event this week, Eddie, as Gino Brito will be defending his NWA Canadian International TV Championship against The Great Samu!

Édouard Carpentier: A rematch of the match to crown the very first Canadian International TV Championship and things haven’t necessarily changed if only that both men got better with time. This will be a fantastic match to watch I’m sure.

Guy Hauray: We said that tempers were more than likely to flare this week and that’s because the winner of last week’s main event, Alexis Smirnoff will be in action once again, this time vs Bob Backlund.

Édouard Carpentier: And we’ve been told that Bruno Sammartino asked members of L’Alliance Québécoise to not show up in the studio unless they were contractually obligated to, to avoid anything to go outta hand. So, Gino Brito is the only one involved this week and one has to wonder if the Bolshevik Revolution will try to seize that opportunity to send a message.

Guy Hauray: We’ll see about that but we’re about ready to go for our opening match so let’s get to it.

Match #1

Shawn Michaels vs The Spoiler

The broadcast team mentions that this is Shawn Michaels’ TV debut in the territory as he & his partner Marty Jannetty, aka the Midnight Rockers, are the newest arrivals in NWA Lutte Internationale. Michaels seems a bit nervous in the early goings but he’s able to chase the jitters off quickly by showing his athleticism and taking it to the veteran Spoiler early. The experience of The Spoiler comes into play to help him regain momentum however Shawn Michaels doesn’t give up and is able to take The Spoiler to his limits and almost pulling off the victory. However, one high risk maneuver too many will be Michaels’ downfall as Michaels attempted double axe handle from the top rope has him caught in The Spoiler’s Claw. Michaels fights as best as he can but he has no choice but to surrender and The Spoiler will get the win.

Winner: The Spoiler

(After the match, Marty Jannetty comes out to check on Shawn Michaels. The Spoiler gets out of the ring and heads to the broadcast booth for an interview. But before the interview starts, The Spoiler motions to The Midnight Rockers to come to the booth.)

Édouard Carpentier: Congratulations Spoiler for another win this week. But why did you ask for The Midnight Rockers to join you here?

The Spoiler: Mr. Carpentier, you’ve been one of our greats in this sport for so long. Our new boss, Mr. Bruno Sammartino is arguably one of the greatest of all-time as well. We both know when we see potential future stars in this business. Now, I had heard a couple of things about those two before they came up here and I thought this might’ve been a bit overhyped so I asked Mr. Sammartino & Mr. Frank Valois to book myself in a match against one of those two and it turned out to be Shawn Michaels here. Even though the result wasn’t what you wanted, kid, I’m here to tell you that you got nothing to be ashamed of.

(The crowd in the studio applauds as the Midnight Rockers show their appreciation)

The Spoiler: What you did in the ring today against me, not a whole lot of kids your age have been able to do against veterans like me. And while I haven’t seen you in singles yet (pointing at Marty Jannetty), I’ve heard nothing but great things ‘bout you. I’m gonna tell it like it is, kids; you two will be something special. In this territory, in this country, in the United States, anywhere around the world. The world is yours to take. And I’m fairly confident that it is only a matter of time before you win gold here. I swear that if anyone take you lightly, they’ll be in for a major surprise. Just wanted to wish you the best of luck and if you need anything, I’ll be here to back you up.

Shawn Michaels: Thank you, sir, we greatly appreciate those words. It’s no secret that our goal is very much to win tag team gold here or anywhere else around the world. We can’t make any promises on when it’s gonna happen but we can assure you that all we’ll need will be one shot and we’ll shock the world.

Marty Jannetty: And when we win some gold, I can guarantee you that we’re gonna rock and roll all the way through midnight and you ain’t seen nothing yet with the Midnight Rockers, baby!

(The Spoiler shakes hands with the Midnight Rockers as they retreat together)

Édouard Carpentier: I tell you what, Guy, that’s one helluva an endorsement that those two youngsters got in The Spoiler. When a veteran like him sings your praises, it goes a long way.

Guy Hauray: Many teams have tried to defeat Rick Martel & Gino Brito for the NWA Canadian International Tag Team Championship and failed. Many have tried to defeat the Rougeau Brothers to win the NWA World Tag Team Championship and failed. Who knows if the Midnight Rockers will be able to do that but I’m not expecting them to give up trying until they do! When we come back, Alexis Smirnoff is in action vs Bob Backlund!

*******COMMERCIAL BREAK + PROMO AD FOR US TOUR AT THE END OF THE MONTH******

PRE-BASH TOUR EVENT PARTIAL CARDS

PRE-BASH TOUR NIGHT 1

Friday June 28th, 1985

Charlotte Coliseum, Charlotte, NC

MAIN EVENT

Stan “The Lariat” Hansen vs TBA

PRE-BASH TOUR NIGHT 2

Saturday June 29th, 1985

Texas A&M University-Commerce Fieldhouse, Commerce, TX

MAIN EVENT

NWA CANADIAN INTERNATIONAL TV CHAMPIONSHIP

Gino Brito © vs “Dirty” Dutch Mantel

PRE-BASH TOUR NIGHT 3

Sunday June 30th, 1985

Osawatomie High School, Osawatomie, KS

MAIN EVENT

NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Ric Flair © vs Raymond Rougeau

Match #2

Bob Backlund vs Alexis Smirnoff (w/Baron Von Raschke)

As the match starts, Bob Backlund is a bit concerned about the presence of Von Raschke at ringside but that doesn’t prevent him from going forward with his gameplan early in the match. Using his technical expertise from the start, Smirnoff is barely able to mount some offense and grows increasingly frustrated. However, Smirnoff’s fortune seems to change as Baron Von Raschke trips Backlund at ringside after an irish whip. That allows Smirnoff to jump Backlund, momentarily distracted, and regain control. But referee Adrien Desbois spotted Von Raschke’s action and throws him out of the studios! Von Raschke is irate but has no choices but to comply and retreats in the back. The match continues strictly between Backlund & Smirnoff but Smirnoff is keeping the advantage by working on Backlund’s neck. It goes to the point where the referee has to check on Backlund to make sure he can continue, which allows Smirnoff to untie a turnbuckle pad. That momentary break causes Backlund to regroup and regain the momentum in the match on Smirnoff. Finally, Backlund is about to finish off Smirnoff with his Crossface Chicken Wing but Smirnoff backs Backlund into the exposed turnbuckle, with the worked neck connecting first on the exposed corner! Backlund collapses in a heap and Smirnoff is able to collect the pinfall victory in scandalous fashion! Once again, the crowd is incensed as the Soviet turncoat celebrates on his way backstage while Backlund is still wondering what just happened there...

Winner: Alexis Smirnoff

*****COMMERCIAL BREAK*****

Guy Hauray: Welcome back to the show. Before we head to our main event, just a reminder that next week will feature a special look at our partners in the NWA, Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling & Smokey Mountain Wrestling as our show will feature exclusively talents from that territory in highlights form, just in time for the beginning of the Great American Bash tour in July! And without any further adieu, let’s go to our main event!

MAIN EVENT

Match #3

NWA Canadian International TV Championship

Gino Brito © vs The Great Samu (w/Afa & Eddy “The Brain” Creatchman)

The strength in numbers is definitely in favour of the Creatchman Family and they let the champion know that in the early goings as a psychological advantage. However, the champ isn’t intimidated at all and he doesn’t deviate from his game plan. Once again, the broadcast team is reminding the viewers that these two originally faced each other on this program to crown the very first Canadian International TV Champion. As expected, Afa & The Brain prove to be x-factors in this match as they allow Samu to get the advantage in the middle of the match after Afa momentarily distracted Brito. The methodical yet unorthodox dismantling technique shown by the Samoans over the years is very much alive with The Great Samu as he’s seemingly enjoying torturing the champion. Brito finally gets the advantage back after a badly-timed headbutt! Brito is about to finish off Samu when once again, Eddy Creatchman tries to interfere but The Spoiler makes his way to the ring to get Creatchman out of the ring apron! Prince Alofa Fatu shows up as well and ambushes The Spoiler, with a big brawl ensuing outside. Brito seizes the opportunity as a distracted Samu watches on and gets rolled up by the champion who scores the victory! Brito barely has time to celebrate as the other Creatchman Family members, The Botswana Beast & Lord Humongous ambush Brito! It’s a 3-on-1 attack on Brito and what can the TV Champion do when his partner isn’t even here today? Then, all of a sudden, The Midnight Rockers show up with chairs in hand to clean the ring! Eddy Creatchman orders his troops outside the ring as the show ends with Shawn Michaels & Marty Jannetty checking on Gino Brito to make sure that he’s OK....

Winner and still champion: Gino Brito

20111012-052508-g.jpg

June 15th, 1985

CNE Coliseum, Toronto, ON

Battlebowl Tour Event

Battlebowl Qualifier: Prince Alofa Fatu (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) beat The Spoiler in 9:56

Battlebowl Qualifier: Rip Oliver (w/Sherri Martel) beat Larry Zbyszko in 9:18

Battlebowl Qualifier: NWA Canadian International Tag Team Champion Rick Martel beat Pistol Pez Whatley in 9:35

Battlebowl Qualifier: Billy Robinson (w/Sherri Martel) beat Armand Rougeau in 10:20

Battlebowl Qualifier: Boris Zhukov beat Butch Miller in 15:50

6-Men Tag Battlebowl: Team Mid-Atlantic (Magnum TA, NWA US & Canadian International Heavyweight Champion Terry Funk & Ray Stevens) beat Team SMW (The Great Gama Singh, Tom Pritchard & Tim Horner) in 11:53. Team Mid-Atlantic won despite Funk turning on Magnum and leaving in the middle of the match.

8-Men Elimination Battlebowl Tag: Prince Alofa Fatu, NWA Canadian International Tag Team Champion Rick Martel & The Sensationals (w/Eddy Creatchman & Sherri Martel) beat Gilles "The Fish" Poisson, The Lone Star Outlaws & Boris Zhukov

6-Men Tag: The Strong Machines beat L'Alliance Québécoise (Dino Bravo & Frenchy's Legion) by DQ after Bravo refused to cooperate with the referee & break a 5-count. Bravo & co cleaned house!