Pro Wrestling Only

NWA Lutte Internationale June 1985

SirEdger

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a Charlotte show! Many title changes, angle progression! A hell of a way to push the Great American Bash tour! The NWA should be VERY proud of the work you have done to push the group. I know your friends in Mid Atlantic are!

I love what you have done with the Midnight Rockers to start. Early respect and now championships. Andre winning a NWA Lutte championship is awesome! So many potential ideas and angles to go forward.

NWA World Tag Team title change appears to have sent some shockwaves throughout the entire wrestling world.

Fantastic month of shows here, a phenomenal build for the Bash '85!

On the positive side: I think it's a great idea turning the Sensational Tiltle into a sanctioned-in-Quebec championship.

On he sad side: I am sorry to hear that the crowd *literally* exploded after Andre's win. My heart goes out to the friends and family of everyone involved in that tragedy.

LOL

On that funny note:

Pre-Bash Tour

June 30th, 1985

Osawatomie High School, Osawatomie, KS

-Bob Backlund beat "Cowboy" Bob Orton (w/Sherri Martel) in 10:52. Orton was wearing the old Terry Taylor Sensational jacket but with cut-off sleeves.

Handicap Match: The Creatchman Family (The Great Samu & Prince Alofa Fatu, w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) beat Larry Zbyszko in 15:50

Steel Cage Match: Boris Zhukov beat Crusher Blackwell in 20:11

-Bruce Hart beat Mando Guerrero in 15:33

-Strong Machine 2 beat NWA Canadian International Tag Team Champion Marty Jannetty in 8:51 after an illegal switch with Super Strong Machine. Postmatch, Shawn Michaels ran in to attack Super Strong Machine and a brawl ensued between them leading up to the next match.

-NWA Canadian International Tag Team Champion Shawn Michaels beat Super Strong Machine in 7:12

-NWA World Tag Team Champion Botswana Beast (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) beat Magnum TA in 9:43 after interference from Eddy Creatchman

NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Ric Flair beat Raymond Rougeau in 45:45 to retain

That was a fun card in Osawatomie but I am not sure if a high school gym could draw enough people to cover the expenses of all those stars. I beat that card could have sold out in Topeka or Lawrence which have bigger arenas. That is how good that show was.

At first I thought the cage match needed some more build up as it is usually the end of a feud and this crowd is not that familiar with Lutte but a Russian against Crusher, who they are familiar with, would sell all by itself.

Lutte is hitting the central region of the US hard and are one tv show against taking some of UWF's fans. Great job.

Thanks. I try as much as possible to book gimmick matches as logically as possible, even without much build-ups. In that case, given that Zhukov is allied with Smirnoff & Von Raschke, from a kayfabe standpoint, it was plausible to me that the cage was set up to make sure they wouldn't interfere for him.

To be honest, I'm not planning to hold shows in the United States on a regular basis but having the partnership with Mid-Atlantic & Smokey Mountain in the NWA is a tremendous asset to me. I probably wouldn't have gone forward with something like the Pre-Bash Tour if I hadn't those working agreements in place.

Easily one of my favorite reads here in this league. I love the detail and time you put into your craft. Excellent stuff and always a big fan of territories that aren't considered one of the "top ones". So much good going on here. Love the team of Lefebvre & Charland. Good to see Charland being put with someone who can help him reach the next level.

First, the big card

- OK, I kind of wonder how Billy Robinson is going to finangle the belt going back to him.

- Honestly, Martel deserves better to be higher up on the food change than stuck in a team with Brito. I'm either expecting a heel turn from Martel soon or for him to focus back on the big belts.

- Hmm, that would've been a treat to see RL Crockett TV explain Lord Humongous & Botswana Beast as tag champs in 1985.

- Actually giving Andre the belt in a territory is something I see rarely even done in other fantasy feds, so congrats on that. Plus, there's the whole backstage part of it as well.

TV Show

- Ah, Quebec Championship works as a second tier belt.

- Fun finish to the main event

- Actually giving Andre the belt in a territory is something I see rarely even done in other fantasy feds, so congrats on that. Plus, there's the whole backstage part of it as well.

Andre is also one half of the JWA Tag Team Champions (The very creatively named "Giants" with Giant Baba)... for a few more days, at least...