Pro Wrestling Only

Continental Championship Wrestling June 1985

GeneJackson95

CCW TV

Recorded on May 30, 1985 at the Sportatorium in Tampa, FL. In front of a live studio audience

Airing on various television outlets throughout the Southeast on June 1, 1985

Hosted by Gordon Solie & Joe Pedicino

Ring Announcer: Rhubarb Jones

(The show opens with footage of Austin Idol winning the UWF World Championship from Dusty Rhodes with unexpected help from David Sammartino at Rocket City Rumble last Sunday in Huntsville, Alabama. The footage ends with Dusty declaring David Sammartino a "dead man"/ We then go to the opening montage and to the desk with Gordon Solie and Joe Pedicino)

CCWSetSoliePedicino.jpg

Gordon: "Hello wrestling fans and welcome to sunny Tampa, Florida where we come to you from the Sportatorium and usher in a whole new era of Continental Championship Wrestling brought to you by the Universal Wrestling Federation."

Joe: "A new era indeed, not only due to the fact that CCW has broadened it's reach here in the great state of Florida….but because of that footage we just witnessed to open the show….the "Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol is our new Universal Wrestling Federation World Heavyweight Champion."

Gordon: "We certainly did and while we all knew Austin Idol had the capability of becoming the World Champion, I don't think any of us expected David Sammartino to help him do so….least of all did the 'American Dream' Dusty Rhodes."

Joe: "No he did not and he is none too happy with Mr. Sammartino and he is looking for revenge…..we received this video taped interview with the 'Dream' via FedEx today just before we went on the air….check it out."

(VTR- Bill Watts is standing in the UWF studios)

BillWatts.jpg

Watts: "To say that I'm disgusted with what took place in Huntsville, Alabama would be an understatement. I've come to expect less than respectable behavior from Austin Idol, Fred Blassie, and Ted Arcidi. You would think that 3 on 1 would have been a big enough advantage but they enlisted the help of David Sammartino, the son of one of the revered and respected wrestlers in the history of the sport and I would have never believed anyone who shared the name and the bloodlines of the great Bruno Sammartino would bring shame to his family in such a way as being associated with those scoundrels and costing Dusty Rhodes the UWF Unified World Championship. Dusty, come on in here and tells us your thoughts."

(Dusty comes onscreen)

0611-dusty-rhodes-480w.jpg

Dusty: "My thoughts Cowboy? Nobody would want to bare witness to the things that have haunted my thoughts these past few days….Yes, I want my World title back…..Yes, I want revenge on Austin Idol and the other two stooges If you WEEL….but right now all I can think about is that low down dirty dawg, David Samarteeno…I have all the respect in the world for his Daddy, but I'm afraid poor Bruno will weep when he sees what I do to his boy when I get my hands on him one of these days….I'm going to break him….and that's all I have to say, baby. Like I said in Huntsville….David….YOU…ARE…A…DEAD…MAN!!!"

(END VTR)

Gordon: "Apparently Austin Idol is still celebrating in Las Vegas his huge title win and Freddie Blassie says he will be here next week and will have another celebration here on television. More on this later when we hear from David Sammartino and get his explanation for what took place in that match, We have a HUGE main event as The Bullet will challenge the Dirty White Boy for the Alabama Championship but right now we go to the ring for our opening bout!"

===================================================

MATCH #1-

Mike Graham pinned Roy Lee Welch with a sunset flip

mike-graham_zpsmte8nk4r.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(VTR- Footage is shown of the Nightmares winning the Four Corners #1 Contender match against The Rock & Roll Express/The Grapplers/The Midnight Rockers at Rocket City Rumble…..we then go to footage from the following night in Birmingham when the new #1 contenders defeated The Long Riders (Bill/Scott Irwin) to win the CCW Tag Team Championships)

(Back in the studio- Coach John Heath is joined by Danny Davis & Ken Wayne : The Nightmares)

NightmaresCCWTagTitles.jpg

Coach: "I'm joined by the brand new Continental Tag Team Champions The Nightmares…what a pair of victories you guys had to get here!"

Davis: "Yes sir, two of the biggest victories of our career on back to back nights. We defeated three of the top teams in wrestling on Sunday night and then we managed to beat one of the biggest and baddest duos walking to take these belts in Birmingham."

Coach: "Well, you certainly don't have time to savor the moment as you scheduled in a series of title defenses this week including a big cage match defending against the Grapplers on Monday night in Birmingham."

Wayne: "That's right Coach, we've got the Grapplers in a cage and if we make it through that we have other defenses to make through the week but I promise you…..NOBODY is going to take these titles from the Nightmares! Road Warriors, we're coming for your World Tag Team titles next!"

====================================================

LOCAL PROMOS AIR FOR THE UPCOMING HOUSE SHOWS

COMMERCIALS

(VTR- Footage from Rocket City Rumble airs of "Exotic" Adrian Street winning the Southeastern Title from Brad Armstrong)

(Adrian and Ms. Linda join Joe Pedicino in front of the desk)

AdrianStreet.jpg

Joe: "You made good on your promise, you are the new Southeastern Champion."

Adrian: "Joey, there was never any doubt at all. While Bradley Strongarms is a great wrestler…..he certainly doesn't measure up to a real man such as myself, right Linda?"

Linda: "No..no….not even close dear."

Adrian: "What a big night it was….Idol beat the fat man….Bruno's boy showed his true colors….Those Road Warriors may have killed Ollie Humperdink…but let's be honest Joey, the only thing anyone could talk about driving home was the fact Adrian Street beat Bradley Strongarms within an inch of his life….and you know what, I did it again the next night in Birmingham."

Joe: "No..no..no, that is NOT how that went down, you intentionally poked the referee in the eye to save your title in Birmingham."

Adrian: "Whaaatt?? Are you drunk? I did no such thing, I was merely reaching to break the hold and that moronic referee got in my way…that was not intentional whatsoever."

Joe: "Well regardless, you can't get yourself disqualified this week because it's NO DQ when you meet Brad Armstrong in another rematch."

Adrian: (puts his hands on his cheeks) "OH NO! No DQ! This stipulation really has me cornered…whatever shall I do??" (skips away smiling)

Joe: "Gordon, that reaction…can't be good."

=================================================

MATCH #2

The Great Kabuki/Killer Khan w/Tojo defeated Porkchop Cash/Sabu when Kabuki defeated Sabu with the 'Oriental Spike'

(VTR- Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden/Ron Fuller are in the dressing room in B'ham after the rematch with Kabuki/Khan/Tojo as the medics try to flush the eyes of Ron in the background)

Robert: "Killer Khan, you've tried to blind my brother, the Tennessee Stud and you may have done it! Last night we took out the Missing Link and sent his a** home in an ambulance…..so now you stoop to this….you listen and you listen good…I don't care what town it is…me and my cousin Jimmy Golden want you in the ring and we will avenge this!"

Jimmy: "You got that right….this will not stand, you hear me! This is not going to fly….WE ARE THE STUD STABLE! If you don't know what that means, you shall soon find out!!"

Gordon runs downs the Birmingham card for the Alabama stations, the other stations get their local card

CCW Summer Heatwave Tour 1985

RAGE IN THE CAGE

Boutwell Auditorium

Birmingham, Alabama

Monday May 27, 1985

Bell time 7:30pm

MAIN EVENT #2

TAG TEAM STEEL CAGE MATCH

Continental Tag Team Titles

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne)

Vs.

The Grapplers w/Woman

MAIN EVENT #1

Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden

Vs.

Killer Khan/The Great Kabuki

w/Tojo Yammamoto

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Continental Heavyweight Title

Bruiser Brody

Vs.

Mr. Olympia- #1 Contender/Former Champion

Southeastern Heavyweight Title

Final Rematch/No Disqualification

"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda

Vs.

Brad Armstrong

Eight Man Tag Team Match

The Bullet/The Southern Boys (Steve Armstrong & Tracy Smothers)/Scott Armstrong

Vs.

Hercules Hernandez/Dick Slater/Roy Lee Welch/Chic Donovan

Alabama Heavyweight TItle

"Dirty White Boy" Tony Anthony w/Woman

Vs.

The Tonga Kid

U.S. Jr Title- Revenge Match

Shane Douglas

Vs.

"Superstar" Bill Dundee

"Handsome" Jimmy Valiant

Vs.

"The Living Legacy"

David Sammartino w/"Classy" Freddie Blassie & Teddy Muscles (Arcidi)

(CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE)

===============================================

COMMERCIAL

===============================================

(Gordon Solie is joined by Mr. Olympia)

OlympiaRed.jpg

Gordon: "We'd like to welcome Mr. Olympia who has been out of action a couple of weeks due to a knee injury suffered at the hands of Austin Idol, Freddie Blassie, and Ted Arcidi. How is the healing process, I see you have a rather large brace on your knee."

Olympia: "It's doing much better Gordon, you know I've been out of the loop during my recovery and I haven't been to any of the arenas and due to all the hard work I've been doing trying to rehab my knee I hadn't even seen the television show…..so I show up to the studio today, which was already a surprise being told to come to Tampa instead of Dothan. I get here and demand a rematch with Idol for the Continental title and find out that Bruiser Brody is the new CCW champion and that somehow Idol beat Dusty Rhodes for the WORLD TITLE??? With help from David Sammartino?? What the heck is going on here, Gordon?"

(Before Gordon can reply- Blassie, Arcidi, and Sammartino come out to the desk)

Blassie: "What's going on you pencil neck geek is the continued domination of the UWF by Austin Idol. Of course Idol beat Dusty Rhodes! Why wouldn't he? He's a superior wrestler, and a superior athlete. As far as Brody, we didn't need the Continental title anymore so we sacrificed it to Brody, just know this…as long as I'm around YOU will never be champion again and you will NEVER get a shot at the World title because you don't deserve it."

Olympia: "Old man, I already have a title match signed for the Continental title with Bruiser Brody in Birmingham on Monday night. However, what I want to know is….(looks at David) How much is Blassie and Idol paying you to shame and embarrass your family the way you have….you are disgusting….Bruno must be beside himself over this."

David: "First off, my Father is none of you or these rednecks concern. You say that I'm an embarrassment? I'm not the one who has to cover my face with a mask like you! I have the opportunity to be managed by the greatest mind in the history of wrestling and hang with the greatest World Champion of all time, Austin Idol. Why wouldn't I want to be a part of that? I'm the 'Living Legacy', and I will far exceed anything my family has ever done in this business. Watch and learn, gimp." (points at the knee brace and laughs as he gets in the ring)

MATCH #3

"The Living Legacy" David Sammartino w/Blassie & Arcicid defeated Ted Allen with the 'Dream Killer' (Bridging German Suplex)

hqdefault.jpg

Gordon: "We're going to take another commercial break and when we come back, the Alabama Championship will be on the line as the Dirty White Boy defends against the Bullet." (Before they can go to break the Dirty White Boy comes out)

DWB: "Gordon, we need to postpone the title match."

Gordon: "We can't do that it's already been signed and scheduled, why would we postpone it?"

DWB: "Woman, isn't here and I haven't heard from her and I'm way to distraught to wrestle until I find out what's going on."

Gordon: "Well, I hate to hear that but we still have to have the match."

DWB: "How can we have an Alabama Title match, we're in Florida? There's no jurisdiction here!"

(Buddy Wayne comes out)

Buddy: "Tony, we don't have to be in Alabama for the title to be defended, in a couple of weeks there will be a tournament to crown a new Florida Heavyweight Champion and at that point we may limit the state title defenses to that state but for now the match is on after this break." (DWB storms away)

==================================================

MATCH #4-

MAIN EVENT

Alabama Heavyweight Title

The Bullet defeated 'Dirty White Boy' Tony Anthony when the ref was knocked down….

woman8.jpg

Woman came out (in very different garb than we've seen lately) and went to hit the Bullet with what appeared to be a golden spike but Bullet ducked and she nailed Anthony in the forehead with hit it, busting him open….she tried again to swing at the Bullet who caught her hand and then bent her over his knee and spanked her….as she then scurried away Bullet locked a sleeper hold on DWB, referee Ron West checked the arm that dropped three times…and we have a new Alabama Champion The Bullet!

Bullet2.jpg

Gordon: "Fans, what a turn of events….that didn't look like Woman that came to the ring….that look like a woman we know better here in Florida as the 'Fallen Angel'! In any event that miscue on her part has cost the Dirty White Boy the Alabama Heavyweight Championship….we'll have more on this situation next week but for now….for Joe Pedicino, I'm Gordon Solie saying, So long from the Sunshine state!"

© 1985 Universal Wrestling Federation/Continental Championship Wrestling

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW,WOW,WOW.... what an expansion into Florida. May the real Women please show up ..... and she does with the Golden Spike!

Many of us have tried to use Adrian Street with little success and you have perfected him.

Weel, as Dusty says, David is in some trouble but CCW and the UWF are in a great place thanks to your creative writing.

CCW Summer Heatwave Tour '85

Bayfront Center

St. Petersburg, FL.

Sunday June 2, 1985

Bell time- 3pm

"The Haitian Sensation" Tyree Pride pinned "Golden Boy" Chic Donovan with a flying crossbody

Grudge Tag Team Match

"Superstar" Bill Dundee/Mr. Wrestling 3 defeated Shane Douglas/Scott Armstrong when Dundee pinned Douglas after hitting him with a chain

Mr. Olympia beat The Great Kabuki w/Tojo Yammamoto by DQ when Olympia ducked and Kabuki spewed the green mist in the eyes of referee Bill Alphonso

The Bullet/Brad Armstrong defeated The Grapplers w/Woman when Bullet pinned Grappler #2 with a school boy roll up

"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda fought Kendall Windham to a 20 minute time limit draw

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) defeated Hercules Hernandez/Dick Slater when Davis pinned Slater with a victory roll….Afterwards, Hercules laid out Davis/Wayne and stormed away from ringside

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Bruiser Brody pinned Killer Khan w/Tojo Yammamoto after a big boot to the face

Main Event

UWF World Heavyweight Title

Blackjack Mulligan defeated "Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol w/Freddie Blassie & Teddy Muscles (Arcidi) by DQ when David Sammartino hit the ring and attacked Mulligan when he had Idol in a 'Iron Claw', Kendall Windham runs in with a chair to make the save.

UWF Rep. Buddy Wayne comes out and says that next Sunday in Jacksonville, Florida…..There will be a tag team match pitting Austin Idol and David Sammartino against Blackjack Mulligan and Kendall Windham.

Oh the Bayfront Center. Brings back such memories. I used to go to Spring training when I was a boy to see the Mets right across the street at Al Lang Stadium. Used to see the bill boards advertise all the Florida greats like the Briscos, Rhodes and Sullivan but I never got a chance to go.

Any way, another great show here. Like the push the Nightmares are getting here and thought that Mulligan was a great match for Idol. Bringing in Kendall adds a lot of possibilities to your promotion also.

RAGE IN THE CAGE

Boutwell Auditorium

Birmingham, Alabama

Monday May 27, 1985

Bell time 7:30pm

"The Living Legacy" David Sammartino w/"Classy" Freddie Blassie & Teddy Muscles (Arcidi) defeated "Handsome" Jimmy Valiant when he rolled him up with a handful of tights

U.S. Jr Title- Revenge Match

"Superstar" Bill Dundee pinned Shane Douglas after hitting him with a chain to regain the U.S. Jr. Title

(Buddy Wayne came out to the ring and announced that The Dirty White Boy has not shown up to the arena so the Tonga Kid would win by forfeit)

The Tonga Kid defeated "Dirty White Boy" Tony Anthony by FORFEIT

Eight Man Tag Team Match

Alabama Champion The Bullet/The Southern Boys (Steve Armstrong & Tracy Smothers)/Scott Armstrong beat Hercules Hernandez/Dick Slater/Roy Lee Welch/Chic Donovan when The Bullet beat Roy Lee Welch with a sleeperhold

After the match, The Dirty White Boy Tony Anthony came out of the crowd and attacked the Bullet but was quickly fended off by the Southern Boys and Scott Armstrong….Anthony looked very bizarre with his head half-shaved, his eyes blacked out and a big bandage on his head where he got spiked in the head on TV by Woman on accident…..Tony Anthony grabbed the mic as the Armstrongs and Smothers stood victorious in the ring and ominously said, "The devil is coming home….and he wants you Bullet!" with that he disappeared back into the crowd

Final Rematch/No Disqualification

"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda defeated Brad Armstrong when Ms. Linda hit Brad with a low blow allowing Street to pin Armstrong with a small package

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Bruiser Brody fought to a 'no contest' with Mr. Olympia when David Sammartino and Ted Arcidi hit the ring and attacked both men, Sammartino locked a figure four on Mr. Olympia to further injure his knee…..As Brody came back on Arcidi, Austin Idol hit the ring with a coke bottle and broke it over Brody's head…Sammartino releases the leg lock on Olympia….as Brody is on the mat bleeding…..Idol grabs one of Brody's legs and David grabs the other….and they ram him crotch first into the ring post….Idol/Sammartino/Arcidi/Blassie leave the ring gloating as the crowd throws cups and popcorn at them

MAIN EVENT #1

Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden defeated Killer Khan/The Great Kabuki w/Tojo Yammamoto when Fuller made Kabuki submit to the 'Fuller Leglock'

MAIN EVENT #2

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) defeated The Grapplers (without Woman) when Davis pinned Grappler #1 after legdrop off the top of the cage

CCW On Tour 1985

Friday June 7, 1985- Civic Center- Oxford, AL- Bell Time 8pm

Saturday June 8, 1985- Houston County Farm Center- Dothan, AL- Bell Time 8pm

Scott Armstrong pinned "Golden Boy" Chic Donovan after a 'superkick'

The Grapplers defeated The Tonga Kid/Sabu when Grappler #1 pinned Sabu after a kicking him with the 'loaded boot'

Southeastern Title Match

"Exotic" Adrian Street went to a 20 minute time limit draw with Mr. Olympia

The Stud Stable (Tommy "Wildfire" Rich/"Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert) defeated The Southern Boys (Steve Armstrong/Tracy Smothers) when Rich pretended to be injured, Smothers leaned in to check on him and Rich small packaged him a handful of tights for the 1-2-3!

Main Event - 6/7 Semi-Main Event - 6/8

GRUDGE MATCH

The Bullet pinned Dirty White Boy w/The Fallen Angel with a school boy roll up, after the match Angel handed DWB the 'Golden Spike' and hit the Bullet with it busting him open through his mask

MAIN EVENT - 6/8 ONLY in DOTHAN

Bruiser Brody pinned Teddy Muscles after a big boot and running knee drop

CCW On Tour 1985

Friday June 7, 1985- Civic Center- Lakeland, FL- Bell Time 8pm

Saturday June 8, 1985- Convention Hall- Miami Beach, FL- 8pm

"Haitian Sensation" Tyree Pride pinned Roy Lee Welch with a flying cross body off the top rope

U.S. Jr. Title

"Superstar" Bill Dundee fought to a 20 minute time limit draw with Mike Graham

Rocky Johnson pinned "King" Carl Fergie with a backslide

"The Living Legacy" David Sammartino w/"Classy" Freddie Blassie pinned "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley after Blassie jabbed Cooley in the throat with his cane behind referee Bill Alphonso's back

Semi-Main Event
Non-Title Match

The Great Kabuki/Killer Khan w/Tojo defeated CCW Tag Team Champions The Nightmares when Khan pinned Wayne after a double 'Mongolian Chop' from the 2nd rope

Main Event

Blackjack Mulligan/Kendall Windham defeated The House of Humperdink (Mark Lewin/Killer Brooks) w/Sir Oliver Humperdink by DQ came into the ring and put a plastic bag over Mulligan's head while he had the clawhold on Brooks…..Rocky Johnson and Wendell Cooley ran in to make the save

CCW TV

Recorded on June 5, 1985 at the Sportatorium in Tampa, FL. In front of a live studio audience

Airing on Florida Superstation WTOG and various television outlets throughout Alabama

and Mississippi on June 8, 1985

Hosted by Gordon Solie & Joe Pedicino

Interviewer: Coach John Heath

Ring Announcer: Rhubarb Jones

Continental Heavyweight Champion: Bruiser Brody

Continental Tag Team Champions: The Nightmares

Southeastern Champion: "Exotic" Adrian Street

Alabama Heavyweight Champion: The Bullet

U.S. Jr Heavyweight Champion: "Superstar" Bill Dundee

(Show opens with highlights of the Continental Heavyweight Title match from Birmingham last week:

Bruiser Brody fought to a 'no contest' with Mr. Olympia when David Sammartino and Ted Arcidi hit the ring and attacked both men, Sammartino locked a figure four on Mr. Olympia to further injure his knee…..As Brody came back on Arcidi, Austin Idol hit the ring with a coke bottle and broke it over Brody's head…Sammartino releases the leg lock on Olympia….as Brody is on the mat bleeding…..Idol grabs one of Brody's legs and David grabs the other….and they ram him crotch first into the ring post….Idol/Sammartino/Arcidi/Blassie leave the ring gloating as the crowd throws cups and popcorn at them…………….We then go to the opening montage and to the desk with Gordon Solie and Joe Pedicino)

CCWSetSoliePedicino.jpg

Gordon: "Hello wrestling fans and welcome once again to Tampa, Florida to another exciting episode of Continental Championship Wrestling, it's been a wild week in Continental, Joe…with not only the action we just saw with Idol, Sammartino, Arcidi, and Blassie attacking both Bruiser Brody and Mr. Olympia but a ton of other wild action as well."

Joe: "Absolutely, can you believe what transpired with the "Dirty White Boy" and the Bullet in Birmingham?"

Gordon: "Indeed, I have a very sick feeling about what those ominous words from Tony Anthony meant as well as that bizarre look that the Dirty White Boy was sporting, we'll be showing you footage of that later in this program."

Joe: "Huge main event here today, As we all know The Stud Stable, Robert Fuller and Jimmy Golden defeated Killer Khan and the Great Kabuki inside the steel cage on Monday night, however Tojo Yammamoto went to Buddy Wayne and demanded one more showdown between these two teams here today on television and he has granted their request."

(Robert Fuller, Jimmy Golden, and Ron Fuller come out to the desk)

FullersandGolden.jpg

Ron: "Joe, if Tojo wants those boys to get their tails whipped one more time right here on television where everybody can see it…that's just fine but my eye has healed up so I'm going to be in the Stud Stable's corner to make sure that Tojo doesn't stick his nose or that kendo stick in their business."

Robert: "That's right baby, if they want to go another round with the Stud Stable they can darn sure get it right here today you understand…"

("Wildfire" Tommy Rich & "Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert come out)

GilbertRich2.jpg

Eddie: "Hold on, where do you guys get off calling yourselves the 'Stud Stable'? Tommy Rich and I have been being called that for months in the USWA, WE are the only 'Stud Stable' in wrestling so we respectfully request you cease and desist using our name….RIGHT NOW!"

Ron: "Excuse me? You are looking at the one and only Tennessee Stud himself, and there's only one Stud Stable…and you're looking at them daddy, I respectfully ask you to kiss our behinds and takes yourselves back to the USWA and call yourselves "lucky" that we didn't stomp you out for stealing our name in the first place."

Tommy: "So that's how it's going to be Ron Fuller?"

Robert: "That's EXACTLY how it's going to be Tommy Rich, is that going to be a problem for ya?"

Eddie: "Have it your way guys."
(Gilbert and Rich turn and leave)

Golden: "The Asians are going down to the one and ONLY Stud Stable today Joe Pedicino!"

Joe: "There you have it, let's go to the ring!"

=====================================================

MATCH #1-

Shane Douglas pinned Roy Lee Welch with a belly to belly suplex

(Coach John Heath catches Douglas at ringside)

Coach: "Shane, we've been informed by Buddy Wayne that due to the fact that Bill Dundee used a chain on you last week to regain the U.S. Jr. Title, you've demanded a 'Chain Match' this week against the 'Superstar', Do you realize how dangerous a chain match is?"

Shane: "I certainly do Coach, but if Dundee wants to bring chains to the party….then let's use a chain…a big one….I'm not afraid of chains and I'm not afraid of Dundee….."
(As Douglas is finishing that sentence Dundee runs out and blasts him in the back of the head with a chain….he wraps it around Douglas' neck…and drags him half away around the outside of the ring before security breaks it up…Dundee goes over to Coach)

Dundee: "You listen you little snot nose punk! You don't have to be scared of chains to get hurt by them boy! When this is all said and done on Monday night…when you are battered and bloodied in that ring…and all the little girls are crying their eyes out….you remember one thing boy…..you asked for this, and you'll get it!"

COMMERCIAL

(VTR- After the 8 Man tag team match, The Dirty White Boy Tony Anthony came out of the crowd and attacked the Bullet but was quickly fended off by the Southern Boys and Scott Armstrong….Anthony looked very bizarre with his head half-shaved, his eyes blacked out and a big bandage on his head where he got spiked in the head on TV by Woman on accident…..Tony Anthony grabbed the mic as the Armstrongs and Smothers stood victorious in the ring and ominously said, "The devil is coming home….and he wants you Bullet!" with that he disappeared back into the crowd)

Gordon: "A tape was delivered just before we went on the air, they have it in the truck…Joe, we haven't had a chance to watch this so we'll be experiencing this with you for the first time, let's have a look."

(VTR- Sir Oliver Humperdink is standing in front of a fire with 'Purple Haze' Mark Lewin, Killer Brooks, and Dirty White Boy….Woman approaches)

woman8.jpg

Humperdink: "Fallen Angel, I assume you are here because the 'Prince of Darkness' has spoken to you as well."

Fallen Angel: "Yes, his return is imminent…he says you've been given the instructions."

Humperdink: "Yes…yes I have….the first sacrifice shall be the one they call Bullet."

(Dirty White Boy laughs maniacally in the background)

Fallen Angel: "We shall carry out his will….when the time is right….he will make his presence felt by all!"

Humperdink: "The House of Humperdink coupled with the Fallen Angel and the 'Prince of Darkness' shall be unstoppable…next week, we shall unleash our newest creation!"

(END VTR)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe: "Gordon, I'm not sure what to make of that…but if this 'Prince of Darkness' is who I think it is….The Bullet and all the Armstrongs better be ready for war."

Gordon: "Indeed, I shudder to think if they are referring to who we think they are….things are about to get very interesting, very quickly."

(The Bullet makes his way out to the ring with Scott and Steve Armstrong in tow)

Bullet3.jpg

Bullet: "Listen here, I don't care who they are referring to…..I want that Dirty White Boy in the ring and I want it this Monday night in Birmingham and I will gladly put this Alabama Heavyweight Title on the line to get it done and if any of Humperdink Horror movie wannabes want to stick their nose in the match the Southern Boys and Scott Armstrong will make sure the odds are even!"

==================================================

MATCH #2-

Mr. Wrestling 2 pinned Carl Fergie after a running knee lift

(Coach John Heath joins Mr. Wrestling 2 at ringside)

MrWrestling2.21.jpg

Coach: "2, We want to welcome you to the area and based off your stellar track record in the ring all over the world you've earned yourself a Southeastern Heavyweight Title shot against champion, "Exotic" Adrian Street."

Mr. Wrestling 2: "I'm no stranger to Adrian Street, we've crossed paths in Mid Atlantic and a few other territories and when I nail him with that knee lift, the fans of Continental will have a new Southeastern Champion."

(Adrian Street and Ms. Linda come out)

adrian-590x755.jpg

Street: "No, we aren't strangers sir…in fact I know exactly who you are…..You know what they say Coach, the sequel is never as good as the original and Mr. Wrestling is no exception….I'm not afraid of your little knee life or anything else in your pathetic arsenal. You will be just another example made….and further proof that I'm the greatest champion in the UWF and I'll soon be the UWF World Champion! See you Monday, sweetie and do us all a favor and make sure your strap that sock on your head extra tight so we don't see that dreadful thing you call a face! Toodles!"

===================================================

COMMERCIAL- Gordon runs downs this Monday's card:

Boutwell Auditorium

Birmingham, AL.

Monday June 10, 1985

Bell Time- 7:30pm

MAIN EVENT

GRUDGE TAG TEAM MATCH

UWF World Champion:

"Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol

"The Living Legacy" David Sammartino w/Blassie & Arcidi

Vs.

Continental Champion:

Bruiser Brody

Mr. Olympia

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Return Grudge Match

The Bullet

Vs.

"Dirty White Boy"

Tony Anthony w/Fallen Angel & Sir Oliver Humperdink

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne)

Vs.

Killer Khan/Great Kabuki w/Tojo Yammamoto

"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda

Vs.

Mr. Wrestling 2

The Southern Boys (Steve Armstrong/Tracy Smothers)

Vs.

House of Humperdink (Mark Lewin/Killer Brooks)

w/Sir Oliver Humperdink & Fallen Angel

U.S. Jr. Title

Chain Match

"Superstar" Bill Dundee

Vs.

Shane Douglas

The Stud Stable (Tommy Rich/"Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert)

Vs.

The Tonga Kid/Sabu

Mike Graham

Vs.

Grappler #1

========================================================

MATCH #3-

Black Bart/"Outlaw" Ron Bass defeated Porkchop Cash/Ted Allen when Black Bart pinned Allen after a legdrop off the 2nd rope

BartandBass.jpg

========================================================

(VTR- Bruiser Brody/Mr. Olympia are in the dressing room last Monday after the attack from Blassie's guys)

Brody: (bleeding from the head) "Listen up boys! Two real men were in the ring tonight fighting over a championship and you bunch pansies want to attack us….you break a bottle over my head! Well Buddy Wayne just told us we can have any kind of match we wanted so this time we got you pukes in a 15 foot high steel cage! This time….it's your turn to BLEED!!!"

Mr. Olympia: "He said it all….steel cage…nowhere to run…nowhere to hide! Dues will be paid, revenge will be had…and Blassie when we get out of the cage….you might just get some too!!"

=========================================================

(We cut back to the desk where a disgusted looking Gordon Solie and Joe Pedicino are wearing party hats, there's a large cake in front of them and balloons everywhere and a banner that says "Austin Idol, Our World Champ!" Fred Blassie, David Sammartino, and Ted Arcidi are wearing party hats as well…. 'We are the Champions' by Queen plays as Austin Idol comes out wearing the UWF Unified World Title belt)

Blassie: "Everyone on their feet for the World Heavyweight Champion!"

Idol: "Thank you Freddie….who is more successful in professional wrestling right now than Austin Idol? The answer is simple…NO ONE! Not Paul Orndorff! Not Ric Flair! Certainly not that cartoon character Hulk Hogan…..they all pale in comparison with the real World Champion, 'the Universal Heartthrob' Austin Idol! Gordon Solie, you show a stupid video of Bruiser Brody and Special Olympia and think that's supposed to scare us? We're supposed care that we're in a cage with Brody and Olympia….well you listen and listen good, we don't fear anyone…or anything! I am your World Champion and when this tournament happens soon, David Sammartino will be your Florida Heavyweight Champion and if he gets Brody in a single match…he'll be the Continental Champion as well. I appreciate the party and all…but fellas let's go find some better company to party with than these losers…."

(Idol walks away followed by Sammartino, then Arcidi, Blassie is last…when from out of nowhere, Olympia comes out of the crowd and grabs Blassie, smashing his face right into the cake….then taking off as Idol, Sammartino, and Arcidi come running to Blassie's aid too little too late)

Idol: "Olympia…you'll pay for this! You do not treat a legend like Fred Blassie like this!"

=================================================================

MATCH #4-

Kendall Windham w/Blackjack Mulligan pinned "Rugged" Ron Slinker with a sunset flip off the top rope

KendallWindham001.jpg

COMMERCIAL

MATCH #5-

MAIN EVENT

FINAL SHOWDOWN

Killer Khan/Great Kabuki w/Tojo defeated The Stud Stable (Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden) w/Tn. Stud Ron Fuller when Tommy Rich came to ringside and distracted referee Ron West and Robert Fuller, while Eddie Gilbert snuck up behind Ron Fuller on the opposite side of the ring and tapped Ron on the shoulder, when he turned around Gilbert threw a fireball in his face!!!

EddieGilbertFireballsHim_zpse6752f54.jpg

Kabuki capitalized on the distraction of the referee and spewed green mist in the eyes of Jimmy Golden allowing Killer Khan to get the pinfall. Rich grabbed a mic on the way out, "You asked for this Fuller! There's only one STUD, and he's in OUR Stable!"

Solie: "What a turn of events….Ron Fuller has been burned by 'Hot Stuff' Eddie Gilbert and Golden has been blinded by Kabuki…the Rich/Gilbert version of the Stud Stable have made their mark here tonight!"

Joe: "Not to mention, who is the 'Stud' they are referring to? Also, next week The House of Humperdink have promised to unleash a new 'monster' on CCW!"

Solie: "Tune in next week for all the great CCW action and also next week we'll have a UWF World Television Title match as the champion 'Iceman' King Parsons will defend against "Outlaw" Ron Bass, and also I've just been told that Freddie Blassie has promised that he will get revenge on Mr. Olympia for the cake incident today. Thank you for joining us and until next week….So long from the Sunshine State!"

© 1985 Universal Wrestling Federation/Continental Championship Wrestling

CCW Summer Heatwave Tour '85

DOUBLE MAIN EVENT!!

Jacksonville Coliseum

Jacksonville, FL.

Sunday June 9, 1985

Bell Time- 3pm

Killer Khan w/Tojo pinned Scott Armstrong after a knee drop from the 2nd rope

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley beat The Great Kabuki w/Tojo Yammamoto by DQ when Kabuki sprayed him with the green poison mist

"Soulman" Rocky Johnson/"Handsome" Jimmy Valiant defeated The Grapplers when Johnson pinned Grappler #2 with a small package

U.S. Jr. Title

"Superstar" Bill Dundee defeated "Haitian Sensation" Tyree Pride pinning him with his feet on the ropes

Six Man Tag Team Match

The Southern Boys (Steve Armstrong/Tracy Smothers) & The Bullet fought to a NO CONTEST with The House of Humperdink (Dirty White Boy/Purple Haze/Killer Brooks) w/Sir Oliver Humperdink & The Fallen Angel when the match broke into a six way brawl and referee Ron West could not get order restored and had to throw the match out

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda pinned Mike Graham with a cradle suplex

MAIN EVENT #1

Blackjack Mulligan/Kendall Windham defeated UWF World Champion "Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol/"The Living Legacy" David Sammartino w/Blassie & Arcidi when Mulligan pinned Sammartino with the Claw Hold

MAIN EVENT #2

Bruiser Brody defeated "Outlaw" Ron Bass by DQ when Black Bart interfered

Boutwell Auditorium

Birmingham, AL.

Monday June 10, 1985

Bell Time- 7:30pm

Mike Graham pinned Grappler #1 with a small package……afterwards Grappler #2 hit the ring and the Grapplers double teamed Graham until Tyree Pride ran in to make the save

The Stud Stable (Tommy Rich/"Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert) defeated The Tonga Kid/Sabu when Gilbert pinned Sabu after a 'Hot Shot'

U.S. Jr. Title

Chain Match

"Superstar" Bill Dundee defeated Shane Douglas in a brutal chain match that saw both men bloodied

House of Humperdink (Mark Lewin/Killer Brooks) w/Sir Oliver Humperdink & Fallen Angel fought to a double countout with The Southern Boys (Steve Armstrong/Tracy Smothers)

Mr. Wrestling 2 defeated "Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda by DQ when Wrestling 2 landed the knee lift and Ms. Linda ran in and jumped on his back causing referee Bill Alphonso to call for the bell

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) beat Killer Khan/Great Kabuki w/Tojo Yammamoto by DQ when Kabuki and Khan nearly had the Nightmares beat….Davis distracted the referee while Wayne reached in his tights and smeared something green all over his face….Davis pointed at Wayne and said that Kabuki spit it in his Wayne's face and the referee Ron West called for the DQ…Tojo, Kabuki, and Khan were livid as the Nightmares fled while the fans cheered!

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Return Grudge Match

No DQ

"Dirty White Boy" Tony Anthony w/Fallen Angel & Sir Oliver Humperdink defeated the Bullet to win the title

First Purple Haze and Killer Brooks ran in but were quickly fought off by The Southern Boys, while this was happening on the floor…..A huge man with a black hooded robe with a barely visible painted face (Ray Traylor) hit the ring and attacked the Bullet before hitting him with a side slam….allowing DWB to get the pinfall. Afterwards, the big man tried to remove the mask of the Bullet but he broke away…..Humperdink grabbed a mic and announced, "Meet the newest member of the Dark Army/House of Humperdink…..DEATH WISH!"

MAIN EVENT

STEEL CAGE MATCH

Bruiser Brody/Mr. Olympia defeated "Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol/"The Living Legacy" David Sammartino w/Blassie & Arcidi when Brody pinned Sammartino after a 'big boot' to the head…..After the match as Brody exits the cage, Idol/Sammartino grab Olympia and pull him back in….A masked man dressed exactly like Mr. Olympia runs into the cage as Teddy Muscles slams the cage door shut and re-locks it so Brody can't get back in…..Brody realizes Olympia isn't behind him and heads back to the cage and breaks into a brawl with Teddy Muscles on the floor while inside the cage, Idol/Sammartino/and what appears to be a 2nd Mr. Olympia beat down the original Mr. Olympia and work over his previously injured knee….they climb over the cage to escape as Brody finally gets past Arcidi and rips the cage door open.