Pro Wrestling Only

Continental Championship Wrestling June 1985

GeneJackson95

WOW... so much going on here and it is all great stuff.

Love the idea of Rich/Gilbert being the heels here and a Stud Stable War.

The House of Humperdink is a perfect maniacal fit for Florida.

Great and creative endings are becoming your thing and I loved the Nightmares putting the green substance on their own face.

Dundee/Douglas chain match, new Alabama Champion, the hooded monster, .... and it goes on and on.

This is what Southern Wrastlin is all about. Hopefully be back soon to help carry the UWF

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CCW TV

Recorded on June 12, 1985 at the Sportatorium in Tampa, FL. In front of a live studio audience

Airing on Florida Superstation WTOG and various television outlets throughout Alabama

and Mississippi on June 15, 1985

Hosted by Gordon Solie & Joe Pedicino

Interviewer: Coach John Heath

Ring Announcer: Rhubarb Jones

UWF Continental Heavyweight Champion: Bruiser Brody

UWF Continental Tag Team Champions: The Nightmares

UWF Southeastern Champion: "Exotic" Adrian Street

UWF Alabama Heavyweight Champion: "Dirty White Boy" Tony Anthony

UWF Southern Jr Heavyweight Champion: "Superstar" Bill Dundee

(Footage rolls of Return Grudge Match No DQ Alabama Heavyweight Title

"Dirty White Boy" Tony Anthony w/Fallen Angel & Sir Oliver Humperdink defeated the Bullet to win the title

First Purple Haze and Killer Brooks ran in but were quickly fought off by The Southern Boys, while this was happening on the floor…..A huge man with a black hooded robe with a barely visible painted face (Ray Traylor) hit the ring and attacked the Bullet before hitting him with a side slam….allowing DWB to get the pinfall. Afterwards, the big man tried to remove the mask of the Bullet but he broke away…..Humperdink grabbed a mic and announced, "Meet the newest member of the Dark Army/House of Humperdink…..DEATH WISH!")

(The opening montage airs we then go to the desk with our hosts Gordon Solie and Joe Pedicino)

CCWSetSoliePedicino.jpg

Gordon: "Hello everybody and welcome once again to Continental Championship Wrestling as we come to you from the Sportatorium from Tampa, Florida. We have one of the biggest episodes we've ever brought to you as we have 'Cowboy' Bill Watts with a couple of big announcements, we also have a UWF World Television Championship match as the champion 'Iceman' King Parsons defends against Mike Graham, a Continental Heavyweight Championship match with champion Bruiser Brody defending against Teddy Muscles (Arcidi), and we'll see the UWF World Champion Austin Idol in action!"

Joe: "What a huge show indeed and we've got a couple of big tournaments coming up that 'Cowboy' Bill Watts will be telling us about later in the show."

(Adrian Street and Ms. Linda come out to the podium)

995980_10151782757724334_654579128_n.jpg

Gordon: "Adrian, what have you done to the Southeastern Heavyweight title??"

Adrian: "Well, Gordon Solie…I've made it beautiful just like me and Ms. Linda…I was tired of lugging around that ugly looking belt everywhere, look at my lovely pink belt….it's adorable, it will be even more sought after than before."

Gordon: "I'm not sure if that's exactly true but….."

Adrian: "Oh you know it's true Mr. Solie and I'll tell you something else….this Monday Bill Dundee and myself will be teaming up to go after the Southern Tag Team titles and when we win those I'll paint that belt pink as well! Now, if you'll excuse me I have better places to be than here in Tampa."

(Adrian and Linda abruptly leave)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MATCH #1-

"Haitian Sensation" Tyree Pride pinned "Golden Boy" Chic Donovan with a splash off the top rope

===================================================

COMMERCIAL- Commercial for the Brand New VHS Release of UWF/CCW Rocket City Rumble from Huntsville, Alabama……Relive the night Austin Idol won the UWF Unified World Title and David Sammartino betrayed 'the American Dream' Dusty Rhodes….Also see the UWF World Tag Team Champions the Road Warriors in action along with the Rock & Roll Express, The Nightmares, and many, many more! Hosted by Gordon Solie and Jim Ross! Available in VHS or Beta!! Check or Money Order only, No C.O.D.s! ORDER NOW!!

===================================================

(Freddie Blassie/Teddy Muscles are joined by Coach John Heath in the dressing room)

Coach: "Let's take a look at some footage from last Monday night in Birmingham, Alabama."

(VTR- STEEL CAGE MATCH - Bruiser Brody/Mr. Olympia defeated "Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol/"The Living Legacy" David Sammartino w/Blassie & Arcidi when Brody pinned Sammartino after a 'big boot' to the head…..After the match as Brody exits the cage, Idol/Sammartino grab Olympia and pull him back in….A masked man dressed exactly like Mr. Olympia runs into the cage as Teddy Muscles slams the cage door shut and re-locks it so Brody can't get back in…..Brody realizes Olympia isn't behind him and heads back to the cage and breaks into a brawl with Teddy Muscles on the floor while inside the cage, Idol/Sammartino/and what appears to be a 2nd Mr. Olympia beat down the original Mr. Olympia and work over his previously injured knee….they climb over the cage to escape as Brody finally gets past Arcidi and rips the cage door open)

Coach: "Mr. Blassie, who was this man who showed up dressed up like Mr. Olympia?"

Blassie: "That man is not someone dressed up like Mr. Olympia….that man is far superior to Mr. Olympia….that man is none other than….Super Olympia! Right now, we're about to head to the ring and show you what Super Olympia is capable of doing to Jerry Stubbs, the so called Mr. Olympia!"

(Super Olympia steps into the frame and then heads to the ring with Blassie and Muscles)

10885215_10152929325259334_3694445236767

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MATCH #2-

Super Olympia w/Freddie Blassie & Teddy Muscles defeated Ted Allen with a brainbuster

====================================================

(Gordon Solie is joined by "Cowboy" Bill Watts)

BillWatts.jpg

Solie: "It's our pleasure to welcome here to the Tampa Sportatorium for the first time in person, the one and only 'Cowboy' Bill Watts and I understand you have some big news for the fans of the UWF and Continental Championship Wrestling."

Watts: "I do in fact have some great news for the fans of CCW. This Sunday in Sarasota, Florida, a one day single elimination tournament will take place to crown the first ever UWF Florida Heavyweight Champion. Some big names will be involved in that tournament and I know , Gordon you will be running down the full bracket for the Florida Heavyweight Title tournament in just a few moments. Then on Monday night in Birmingham we'll be having a one night single elimination tournament to crown the UWF Southern Tag Team Champions and you'll be going over that tournament bracket later on as well. So, as you can see moving forward all of the titles here in CCW will now be sanctioned as UWF champions. A couple of changes…The U.S. Jr Championship currently held by Bill Dundee will become the UWF Southern Jr. Heavyweight Championship and he will receive a new championship belt soon. Also, originally the Southeastern Championship was going to become the UWF Southern Heavyweight Championship and the champion would remain Adrian Street, however after seeing how Street defaced the Southeastern title belt by painting it pink….he's being stripped of the title, fined $5,000 and he will not be allowed in the upcoming tournament for the UWF Southern Championship."

Gordon: "Wow, Mr. Street will not be happy about that I can assure you!"

Watts: "I don't care whatsoever I can assure you as well. That's not all, next week right here on television it will be our first ever UWF/CCW SuperShow! The main event right here next week will be the long awaited revenge match as 'The American Dream' Dusty Rhodes finally steps in the ring with that turncoat, that coward David Sammartino and everyone will get to see it right here on television!"

Gordon: "That is huge news!"

Watts: "Absolutely, we'll also see the Nightmares defend the CCW tag team titles against Black Bart & "Outlaw" Ron Bass, and the UWF World Title will also be on the line when Austin Idol defends against a mystery opponent named by me!"

(Idol, Blassie, and Teddy Muscles come out)

Idol: "What the hell are you talking about Watts….mystery opponent?? This isn't Memphis! I'm the World Champion, I don't wrestle mystery opponents!"

Watts: "You will defend the title or you will forfeit the title, it's as simple as that!"

Blassie: "This is a joke, and you are a joke Bill Watts!"

Watts: "Well…I'll you what's NOT a joke….Blassie…YOU and Teddy MuscleHead are barred from ringside next week! You will NOT be allowed at ringside and if either of the two of you interfere you will be fined AND suspended!"

(Watts turns and leaves, as Idol, Blassie, and Teddy are livid)

===============================================

COMMERCIAL- Card for Sunday in Sarasota

CCW Summer Heatwave Tour '85

Civic Center

Sarasota, Florida

Sunday June 16, 1985

Bell Time- 2pm

florida_belt.jpg

UWF Florida Heavyweight Title Tournament

Round 1-

Kendall Windham

Vs.

"Superstar" Bill Dundee

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley

Vs.

"Outlaw" Ron Bass

"Purple Haze" Mark Lewin w/Humperdink

Vs.

The Bullet

Rocky Johnson

Vs.

The Great Kabuki w/Tojo

Black Bart

Vs.

Mike Graham

Blackjack Mulligan

Vs.

Killer Khan w/Tojo

Mr. Wrestling 2

Vs.

Mr. Olympia

"Living Legacy" David Sammartino

Vs.

"Haitian Sensation" Tyree Pride

=================================================

MATCH #3-

uwftv016.jpg

UWF World Television Title

Champion "Iceman" King Parsons went to a 10 minute time limit draw with Mike Graham and retained the title. The two men shook hands after the bout in a show of mutual respect.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe: "Gordon, we've received another tape to the CCW offices this week and I'm afraid our worst fears may be confirmed….take a look at this."

(VTR- A hooded figure is barely visible sitting in the corner of a dark room, his painted face only seen by faint candle light)

Unknown: (in a thick Boston accent) "Baahhb Ahhrrmstrong, you have been chosen for sacrifice….while you may hide your face from the masses…it is I who sees straight through to your soul….I see not only the man behind the mask….but the myth behind man….you aren't what you claim you to be Ahhrrmstrong…you are just another false prophet….you are nothing more than a pretender, you are everything I despise….and it will be the mission of myself and the House of Humperdink to eliminate NOT only you….but your whole family and everyone associated with them….that's right….little Scotty, Stevie and that Smothers kid….and most of all besides you Baahhbb, the prodigal son Brad Ahhrrmstrong…..You've met my Fallen Angel….you've met the Purple Haze, Killah Brooks, the Dirty White Boy who took your title, and yes even my secret weapon…DEATH WISH! The question is Bullet…..when will you see me?? Or…will you see me at all? Perhaps, I will let my minions do my bidding…..but I promise you this….when and if you see me…..you will never see me coming!!" (maniacal laughter as the screen fades to black)

END VTR)

Gordon: "We know exactly who that is….that's got to be.." (The House of Humperdink interupt before he can finish)

Humperdink: "That is the master….the Prince of Darkness…and you will refer to him as such. Right look towards the right now and witness the destruction unleashed by the Master known as DEATH WISH!"

=====================================================

MATCH #4-

DEATH WISH w/Sir Oliver Humperdink & Fallen Angel destroys Porkchop Cash and pins him after side slam Hump calls "The Death Penalty"

=====================================================

COMMERCIAL- Joe run downs the Monday night Birmingham card

Boutwell Auditorium

Birmingham, Alabama

Monday June 17, 1985

Bell Time- 7pm

AWA_Southern_Tag_Team_Championship.jpg

UWF Southern Tag Team Title Tournament

Round 1-

The Grapplers

Vs.

Scott Armstrong/Shane Douglas

Blackjack Mulligan/Kendall Windham

Vs.

Killer Khan/Great Kabuki w/Tojo

Southern Boys

Vs.

"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda

"Superstar" Bill Dundee

Black Bart/"Outlaw" Ron Bass

Vs.

Bruiser Brody/Mr. Olympia

Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden

Vs.

Super Olympia/David Sammartino

w/Freddie Blassie & Teddy Muscles

Brad Armstrong/The Bullet

Vs.

The House of Humperdink

(Killer Brooks/Dirty White Boy)

w/Sir Oliver Humperdink & Fallen Angel

Tommy "Wildfire" Rich

"Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert

Vs.

Rocky Johnson/"Handsome" Jimmy Valiant

The Tonga Kid/Tyree Pride

Vs.

Ron Slinker/Chic Donovan

===========================================

(The Stud Stable- Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden/Ron Fuller: wearing a mask due to having his face burned come out to the desk and join Gordon Solie)

TennStud.jpg

Robert: "I can't believe these low lifes Gilbert and Rich have the nerve to not only come in here calling themselves the Stud Stable, but to throw fire in the face of the one and only Tennessee Stud…my brother Ron Fuller."

Stud: "It's the act of cowards is what it is and those guys are going to regret the day they started trouble with the REAL Stud Stable, I can promise you that There's only one Stud in the UWF and you're looking at him boys!"

(In the ring, Eddie Gilbert and Tommy Rich have a microphone)

Rich: "Hey, listen here Ron Fuller you ugly beanpole! These fans should consider it a personal favor that caused you to cover up your bald head and ugly face with that mask! Now as far as…who is the only STUD in the UWF….the reason WE are the REAL Stud Stable is because we represent the one and only REAL Stud in the UWF."

Robert: "Well listen here you two…..put your money where your mouth is….Bill Watts called next week a SUPER show, well let's make it super then….We are putting out a challenge right here for next week…..myself, Jimmy Golden, and the one and only Tennessee Stud….against you two and this so called Stud partner of yours!"

Gilbert: "You want it?? You got it!! Right here next week, you will see just how far in over your heads you are…..I promise you when this man steps in this ring….it will be a SUPER show!!"

============================================

MATCH #5-

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

UWF Continental Heavyweight Championship

Bruiser Brody pinned Teddy Muscles (Arcidi) w/Freddie Blassie after a piledriver

Ted%2BArcidi%2B03.jpg

COMMERCIAL

(Coach John Heath backstage Interviews w/Mr. Olympia & The Bullet)

OlympiaRed.jpg

Coach: "Mr. Olympia, we now know that the masked man who attacked you is known as Super Olympia and he has his sights set on you."

Olympia: "Well Coach, he's going to get all of me he can handle! I don't know who this guy is or who he thinks he is but I will make it my mission to unmask this guy and send him packing right back to wherever he came from!"

Coach: "Bullet, earlier we heard from an ominous figure who is looking to unmask and expose you."

Bullet2.jpg

Bullet: "Ominous figure? Coach, you…I and Mr. Olympia know good and well that's that evil Kevin Sullivan….last I heard he's up in Minnesota or somewhere so I don't know what he's doing coming after me but anytime he's feeling froggy he can jump on down here and get him some of the Bullet."

MATCH #6-

UWFWorldTitle.JPG

MAIN EVENT

Non-Title Match

UWF World Champion "Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol w/Freddie Blassie defeated The Tonga Kid with the 'Las Vegas Leglock'

(Blassie/Sammartino/Idol go to the desk)

Idol: "Bill Watts, do your worst…I don't care who you bring as your so called mystery opponent I will clamp on that Las Vegas leglock and still be the World Heavyweight champion!"

Blassie: "Watts, you listen and you listen good…David Sammartino will not be taking on Dusty Rhodes here next week!"

(Watts comes out)

Watts: "Now you listen to ME, Blassie. Right here next week, David Sammartino will take on Dusty Rhodes right here or else!!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Gordon: "Don't miss it next week as we bring to you the UWF/CCW SuperShow…as Dusty Rhodes takes on David Sammartino in a Super Grudge Match, The Nightmares defend the CCW Tag Team titles against Black Bart and Ron Bass, a Six Man Tag match as Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden/The Tennessee Stud take on "Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert/Tommy "Wildfire" Rich/a Mystery Partner, and in the Main Event Austin Idol defends the UWF World Championship against Bill Watts' mystery opponent! What a show we have for you next week…..so until then for Joe Pedicino, I'm Gordon Solie saying 'So Long from the Sunshine State'!"

© 1985 Universal Wrestling Federation/Continental Championship Wrestling

Again .... CCW is so creative. From the pink belt of Street to the two super tournaments coming up.

Blassie and Humperdink have got two wild stables forming here and they keep getting bigger and wilder. From Super Olympia to Death Wish, the fans and wrestlers best stay on their toes.

Teddy Muscles is being used perfectly here. He was never a great speaker but with a manager around he doesn't have to be. He was also just a robotic powerhouse but with the role of enforcer and a match here and there, his weaknesses can be covered up.

Florida is about to go wild with the Prince of Darkness. Poor, poor Baahhb Ahhrmstrong.

The Stud Stables at war is great. Should make Battleground interesting as they will share a locker room.

Civic Center

Sarasota, Florida

Sunday June 16, 1985

SPECIAL Bell Time- 2pm

florida_belt.jpg

Round 1-

Kendall Windham pinned "Superstar" Bill Dundee with a small package

"Outlaw" Ron Bass defeated "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley after jabbing Cooley in the throat with the handle of his bullwhip behind the referee's back

The Bullet beat "Purple Haze" Mark Lewin w/Humperdink with a school boy roll up, afterwards Killer Brooks, Dirty White Boy, and Death Wish (Ray Traylor) hit the ring and attacked the Bullet…..Brooks held Bullet's arms while Lewin held his legs allowing Death Wish to splash him off the top rope before the Southern Boys and Scott Armstrong hit the ring for the save….Bullet had be helped from ringside while clutching his ribs

The Great Kabuki w/Tojo defeated Rocky Johnson with the 'Asiatic Spike'

Black Bart pinned Mike Graham after a leg drop off the 2nd rope

Blackjack Mulligan defeated Killer Khan w/Tojo with the clawhold

Mr. Olympia defeated Super Olympia w/'Classy' Freddie Blassie & Teddy Muscles by DQ when Teddy hit the ring and attacked Mr. Olympia when he had Super Olympia in a figure four leglock

"Living Legacy" David Sammartino w/"Classy" Freddie Blassie & Teddy Muscles pinned "Haitian Sensation" Tyree Pride with his bridging german suplex he calls 'The Dream Killer'

Round 2-

Kendall Windham pinned "Outlaw" Ron Bass with a sunset flip off the top rope

The Great Kabuki w/Tojo defeated The Bullet when Referee Ron West stopped the match due to the injured ribs of Bullet, as he felt Bullet could not continue the match….Bullet came to the ring with his ribs taped up and Kabuki continuously attacked Bullet's ribs from the opening bell

Blackjack Mulligan defeated Black Bart by DQ when Ron Bass hit the ring and attacked BJM, Kendall Windham came out to even the odds, Bass/Bart retreated

"Living Legacy" David Sammartino w/"Classy" Freddie Blassie & Teddy Muscles pinned Mr. Olympia when Blassie distracted referee Bill Alphonso, allowing Super Olympia to headbutt Mr. Olympia with a loaded mask

Semi-Finals

Kendall Windham beat The Great Kabuki w/Tojo by DQ when Kabuki went spit the poison mist in the eyes of Windham but he ducked and it went into the face of referee Bob Densmore

"The Living Legacy" David Sammartino w/"Classy Freddie Blassie & Teddy Muscles defeated Blackjack Mulligan by FORFEIT when he did not make it to the ring by a 10 count…..It would later be revealed that Black Bart and Ron Bass were responsible for Mulligan not making it to the ring

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Continental Heavyweight Title Match

Bruiser Brody defeated Teddy Muscles w/"Classy" Freddie Blassie with a piledriver…..After the match Brody managed to choke Blassie with the chain he carries to the ring….Blassie had to be stretchered out of the building while Teddy Muscles had to be helped out of the ring as well….leaving David Sammartino with NO ONE in his corner in the Main Event

MAIN EVENT

FINAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Kendall Windham pinned "The Living Legacy" David Sammartino to win the UWF Florida Championship after the match was restarted! Originally, Sammartino hit Windham in the head with a chain and got the pinfall….Suddenly, "THE AMERICAN DREAM" DUSTY RHODES appeared in the ring and yanked the chain out of the back of David's tights and handed it to referee Bill Alphonso, as Alphonso went over to the ring announcer to restart the match…Sammartino charged Dusty who nailed Sammartino with a 'Bionic Elbow'….David staggered backwards as the bell rang to restart the match right into a school boy roll up from Kendall Windham, the new Florida Champion!

As Kendall celebrated, Dusty came in the ring and started raining down big right fists on the head of the man who cost the UWF World Championship….Sammartino's head is busted open and the Dream is wailing on him…..finally security and referee's come in and pull Dusty off of Sammartino…..and drag David out of the ring to safety….Dusty asks for a microphone.

Dusty: "Listen here baby, don't you dare think that was it…..I'm just getting started on yo' sorry behind…you hear me, Salmonteeno….I have not even begun to pay you back for what you did boy! Every time you start to think it's safe, you better look over your shoulder cause I will not rest until you are out of this great sport….I'm gonna be whoopin' yo' sorry ass for days, weeks, months, and years to come baby….you have made an enemy fo' life and I promise you, you will NEVER win a title in wrestling as long as I have something to do about it!"

Boutwell Auditorium

Birmingham, Alabama

Monday June 17, 1985

Bell Time- 7pm

AWA_Southern_Tag_Team_Championship.jpg

Round 1-

The Grapplers defeated Scott Armstrong/Shane Douglas when Grappler #1 pinned Scott Armstrong after kicking him with a loaded boot

Blackjack Mulligan/Kendall Windham fought to a double countout with Killer Khan/Great Kabuki w/Tojo…….eliminating both teams

"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda/"Superstar" Bill Dundee beat The Wild Eyed Southern Boys (Armstrong/Smothers) when Street pinned Steve Armstrong with an 'Oklahoma Roll'

Bruiser Brody/Mr. Olympia defeated Black Bart/"Outlaw" Ron Bass when Brody pinned Black Bart after a 'big boot'

Super Olympia/David Sammartino w/Freddie Blassie & Teddy Muscles defeated Stud Stable (Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden) by DQ when Eddie Gilbert slid into the ring and punched Super Olympia in the face right in front of the referee, then took off down the aisle as Fuller & Golden argued with the ref that Gilbert did that to deliberately get them disqualified

Brad Armstrong/The Bullet defeated The House of Humperdink (Killer Brooks/Dirty White Boy) w/Sir Oliver Humperdink & Fallen Angel by DQ when Death Wish (Ray Traylor) & Killer Brooks hit the ring and attacked Bullet and Brad Armstrong…..UWF Rep "Cowboy" Bill Watts (who was here tonight due to all the recent interference in matches) came to ringside and said if Humperdink didn't get his guys out of the ring and out of the building RIGHT NOW they would be fined and suspended for 90 days….they reluctantly left the ring. Watts announced that if ANYONE interfered in another match here tonight they too would be fined and suspended.

Stud Stable (Tommy "Wildfire" Rich/"Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert) defeated Rocky Johnson/"Handsome" Jimmy Valiant when Rich pinned Valiant with the Thesz Press

The Tonga Kid/Tyree Pride beat Ron Slinker/Chic Donovan when Pride pinned Donovan with a flying cross body off the top rope

Round 2-

The Grapplers receive a 'Bye' in Round 2 due to the double countout in Round 1

Bruiser Brody/Mr. Olympia defeated "Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda/"Superstar" Bill Dundee when Olympia beat Dundee with a 'Sleeper Hold'

Brad Armstrong/The Bullet beat Super Olympia/David Sammartino w/Blassie & Muscles when Brad pinned Olympia with a 'backslide'

Stud Stable (Eddie Gilbert/Tommy Rich) defeated The Tonga Kid/Tyree Pride when Gilbert pinned Tonga Kid after the 'Hot Shot'

Semi-Finals

Bruiser Brody/Mr. Olympia beat The Grapplers when Brody pinned Grappler #2 after a piledriver

Stud Stable (Eddie Gilbert/Tommy Rich) defeated The Bullet/Brad Armstrong when Rich distracted referee Ron West allowing Gilbert to throw a fireball in the face of Brad Armstrong followed by Rich getting the pinfall on Brad

Finals

(Before the finals started, Gilbert offered Continental Champion Bruiser Brody a briefcase said to contain $10,000 to just simply "walk away" from this match. Brody opened the case….looked for a moment….then closed it and took his CCW belt and left as Olympia pleaded with him not to take the money)

Stud Stable (Eddie Gilbert/Tommy Rich) pinned Mr. Olympia in a handicap match to become the first ever UWF SOUTHERN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS……

(Robert Fuller and Jimmy Golden ran to ringside, Fuller grabbed a mic and said, "The match is over Watts, so this isn't INTERFERENCE!"….they hit the ring and attacked Gilbert and Rich who fled the ring after a few moments of being beat down by the "other" Stud Stable!)

Love whenever you write a Southern fried promotion that feels 'right', even though I was barely a toddler when shows like this would've originally aired.

Great way to give Gilbert & Rich the win without having to convince Brody to job, plus you can totally buy a mercenary like him "taking the money" to steal a phrase from Harley Race.

David Sammartino as the arrogant heel is great stuff, even though I question whether he could pull it off in reality. But, then again, Brody has jobbed more in these various promoter games in one year than he did in RL. :)

UWFLogo.jpg

UWF/CCW TELEVISION SUPERSHOW

Recorded on June 12, 1985 at the Sportatorium in Tampa, FL. In front of a live studio audience

Airing on Florida Superstation WTOG and various television outlets throughout Alabama

and Mississippi on June 22, 1985

Hosted by Gordon Solie & Joe Pedicino

Interviewer: Coach John Heath

Ring Announcer: Rhubarb Jones

UWF Continental Heavyweight Champion: Bam Bam Bigelow

UWF Continental Tag Team Champions: The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne)

UWF Southern Champion: Vacant

UWF Southern Tag Team Champions: Stud Stable ("Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert/Tommy 'Wildfire' Rich)

UWF Alabama Heavyweight Champion: "Dirty White Boy" Tony Anthony

UWF Florida Heavyweight Champion: Kendall Windham

UWF Southern Jr Heavyweight Champion: Mike Graham

(Show opens with highlights of UWF Southern Tag Team Title Tournament Finals)

(Before the finals started, Gilbert offered Continental Champion Bruiser Brody a briefcase said to contain $10,000 to just simply "walk away" from this match. Brody opened the case….looked for a moment….then closed it and took his CCW belt and left as Olympia pleaded with him not to take the money)

Stud Stable (Eddie Gilbert/Tommy Rich) pinned Mr. Olympia in a handicap match to become the first ever UWF SOUTHERN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS……

GilbertRich.jpg

(Robert Fuller and Jimmy Golden ran to ringside, Fuller grabbed a mic and said, "The match is over Watts, so this isn't INTERFERENCE!"….they hit the ring and attacked Gilbert and Rich who fled the ring after a few moments of being beat down by the "other" Stud Stable!)

(We then go to the opening montage and to the desk with Gordon Solie and Joe Pedicino)

CCWSetSoliePedicino.jpg

Gordon: "Hello everyone and welcome to our first ever UWF/CCW SuperShow! We have an incredible card for you here on television tonight as the new UWF Southern tag team champions Tommy Rich and Eddie Gilbert will bring the man they say is the 'Stud' of their 'Stud Stable' to take on Robert Fuller, Jimmy Golden, and the Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller."

Joe: "That is going to be a war, but we also will finally see the 'American Dream' Dusty Rhodes get his hands on that turncoat David Sammartino!"

Gordon: "Well, I think we are all very excited to see that one, we'll also see the Nightmares defending the Continental Tag Team Championships against Black Bart and 'Outlaw' Ron Bass."

Joe: "Then, the MAIN EVENT, the UWF Unified World Champion Austin Idol against a mystery opponent chosen by 'Cowboy' Bill Watts with Freddie Blassie and Teddy Muscles BARRED FROM RINGSIDE…Tonight is going to be a huge night in CCW history!"

Gordon: "No doubt about that whatsoever! Also, Bill Watts has added as a bonus, our opening match tonight…the brand new UWF Florida Champion Kendall Windham defending that title against the challenge of The Grappler."

=============================================

MATCH #1-

UWF Florida Heavyweight Title

Kendall Windham pinned The Grappler after a running bulldog

KendallWindham001.jpg

COMMERCIAL

Commercial for the Brand New VHS Release of UWF/CCW Rocket City Rumble from Huntsville, Alabama……Relive the night Austin Idol won the UWF Unified World Title and David Sammartino betrayed 'the American Dream' Dusty Rhodes….Also see the UWF World Tag Team Champions the Road Warriors in action along with the Rock & Roll Express, The Nightmares, and many, many more! Hosted by Gordon Solie and Jim Ross! Available in VHS or Beta!! Check or Money Order only, No C.O.D.s! ORDER NOW!!

MATCH #2-

"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes vs. "The Living Legacy" David Sammartino w/Freddie Blassie & Teddy Muscles

0611-dusty-rhodes-480w.jpg

Dusty comes out to the ring first as the studio fans go wild. Moments later Freddie Blassie comes out with Teddy Muscles pushing David Sammartino whose head is heavily bandaged in a wheelchair. Blassie tells Solie due to the "heinous assault" by Dusty Rhodes on Sammartino recently that David has suffered dizziness, blurred vision, inability to stand or walk, and other issues to personal to discuss on television. Watts comes out and says he doesn't believe a bit of this but by the time that he could get a Doctor to prove any it, we would already be off the air. Dusty is livid, as Teddy rolls Sammartino away (David sneaks a smirk at Dusty)…Dusty says this bulls*** (which is bleeped for TV) and tells Watts he's headed back to Texas…because this is a joke!! Dusty storms out as the Watts says the match will be postponed until a later time when they can prove the 'injuries' of Sammartino are bogus

==============================================

LOCAL PROMOS for Miami & Birmingham

==============================================

MATCH #3-

Continental Tag Team Championship

The Nightmares defeated Black Bart/"Outlaw" Ron Bass by DQ when 9 minutes into the match Great Kabuki/Killer Khan hit the ring and attack the Nightmares still mad about the DQ stunt Davis/Wayne pulled two weeks ago in Birmingham.

NightmaresCCWTagTitles.jpg

Bill Watts came out and said due to the Nightmares actions in their last tag team title defense, he's signed a rematch this Monday night in Birmingham, Alabama with the Nightmares defending against Kabuki and Khan and it will be NO DISQUALIFICATION!

COMMERCIALS

MATCH #4-

The Stud Stable (Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden/Ron Fuller) vs. The Stud Stable (Tommy Rich/Eddie Gilbert/Mystery Partner) The Fullers and Jimmy Golden came out to the ring first. Gilbert and Rich came out to the desk and introduced their mystery partner the "One and only STUD in professional wrestling, 'Big' John Studd!!!"

BJS2.jpg

The Stud Stable (Rich/Gilbert/John Studd) defeated The Stud Stable (Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden/Ron Fuller) when Studd pinned Golden after a Rich hit him with a chain

LOCAL PROMOS FOR MIAMI & BIRMINGHAM

MAIN EVENT

UWF Unified World Championship

"Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol vs. Bill Watts' Mystery Challenger

austin_idol%2B%25282%2529.jpg

The champion Austin Idol made his way to the ring first minus Freddie Blassie and Teddy Muscles due to the pre-match stipulation from Bill Watts. Watts came out to ringside and said since he suspected that David Sammartino would pull the cowardly stunt that he did tonight….the mystery challenger for Austin Idol would be none other than….."THE AMERICAN DREAM" DUSTY RHODES!" (The studio audience goes nuts as Dusty comes to the ring and Idol is livid!")

UWF Unified World Championship

"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes defeated "Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol by DQ when David Sammartino and Super Olympia hit the ring and attacked Rhodes. Mr. Olympia, Blackjack Mulligan, and Kendall Windham hit the ring to make the save as the show went off the air!

© 1985 UWF/Continental Championship Wrestling

DOUBLE MAIN EVENT!!

Convention Hall

Miami, Florida

Sunday June 23, 1985

Bell Time- 3pm

"Haitian Sensation" Tyree Pride pinned Ron Slinker with a sunset flip

Rematch-

The Grapplers defeated Rocky Johnson/"Handsome" Jimmy Valiant when Grappler #1 pinned Valiant after kicking him with the 'loaded boot'

UWF Southern Jr. Title

Mike Graham pinned "Superstar" Bill Dundee with a backslide to win the Southern Jr. Title

Six Man Tag Team Match

The Bullet/Brad Armstrong/Scott Armstrong fought to a 'No Contest' with The House of Humperdink (Killer Brooks/Purple Haze/Dirty White Boy) w/Sir Oliver Humperdink & Fallen Angel

UWF Southern Tag Team Titles

Stud Stable (Eddie Gilbert/Tommy Rich) defeated Stud Stable (Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden) when 'Big' John Studd came out and hit Golden with a chair allowing Gilbert to get the pinfall.

UWF Rep. Buddy Wayne came to the ring and announced that Bruiser Brody missed his flight back from Japan after losing the Continental Heavyweight Championship in Tokyo to Bam Bam Bigelow! (Fans cheer). He said Bruiser Brody will be counted out and Mr. Olympia will win by forfeit. He said however, Mr. Olympia will still have a match today taking on "Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda.

GRUDGE MATCH

Mr. Olympia defeated Bruiser Brody by FORFEIT

BONUS MATCH

Mr. Olympia defeated "Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda with a sleeperhold

MAIN EVENT #1

REVENGE MATCH

Blackjack Mulligan/Kendall Windham defeat Black Bart/"Outlaw" Ron Bass by DQ when Ron Bass chokes BJM with a bullrope causing referee Bill Alphonso to call for the bell and the DQ

UWF Rep. Buddy Wayne returns and announces that next Sunday in Tampa, Blackjack Mulligan will face 'Outlaw' Ron Bass in a 'Bullrope Match' and Kendall Windham will defend the UWF Florida Championship against Black Bart!!

MAIN EVENT #2

SIX MAN WARFARE

"American Dream" Dusty Rhodes/Road Warrior Hawk/Road Warrior Animal w/Paul Ellering beat Austin Idol/Super Olympia/David Sammartino w/'Classy' Freddie Blassie & Teddy Muscles (Arcidi) when Rhodes pinned Super Olympia after the Warriors hit him with the "Doomsday Device" (Sammartino managed to avoid contact with Rhodes for the majority of this match)

Holy crap, it just totally just dawned on me that Bruiser Brody dropped the title to Bam Bam. I was wondering why he was listed as Continental Champion the other day and I guess I probably missed that part.

Still, pretty cool stuff with the missed flight thing!

Holy crap, it just totally just dawned on me that Bruiser Brody dropped the title to Bam Bam. I was wondering why he was listed as Continental Champion the other day and I guess I probably missed that part.

Still, pretty cool stuff with the missed flight thing!

Oh, dude... you just hurt my feelings there.

I agree that the missed flight story is a cool idea. We stayed up all night drinking in Tokyo after the show, so it is easy to imagine one of the American wrestlers sleeping in and missing their flight. :lol:

CCW Summer Heatwave Tour 1985

SIX MAN WARFARE!!

Boutwell Auditorium

Birmingham, AL.

Monday June 24, 1985

Bell Time- 7:30pm

"Soulman" Rocky Johnson pinned Ron Slinker after a powerslam

"Outlaw" Ron Bass w/Black Bart defeated "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley by countout when Bass shot Cooley in the ropes and Bart pulled the top rope down causing Cooley to crash to the concrete floor and was unable to beat the count back in the ring

UWF Southern Jr. Title

Mike Graham wrestled to a 20 minute time limit draw with "Haitian Sensation" Tyree Pride

"Superstar" Bill Dundee/"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda defeated Mr. Wrestling 2/Shane Douglas when Street pinned Douglas with a roll up/bridge Afterwards, Mr. Wrestling 2 was seen telling Douglas what mistakes he made in the match as they were headed back up the aisle

Eight Man Elimination Tag Team Match

The Bullet/Brad Armstrong/Steve Armstrong/Tracy Smothers

Vs.

The House of Humperdink

(Purple Haze/Dirty White Boy/Killer Brooks/Death Wish)

w/Sir Oliver Humperdink & The Fallen Angel

1st elimination: Purple Haze pinned Steve Armstrong after a powerslam

2nd elimination: Death Wish pinned Tracy Smothers with the side slam

3rd elimination: Brad Armstrong pinned Killer Brooks with a small package

4th elimination: Dirty White Boy pinned Brad Armstrong after he was tripped by Humperdink

5th elimination: The Bullet pinned Dirty White Boy with a 'school boy' roll up

6th elimination: Death Wish pinned the Bullet when the lights went out for several seconds and when they came back on Bullet was laid out in the ring and a hooded figure was seen running back up the aisle

Winners: The Purple Haze & Death Wish

Continental Tag Team Titles- Rematch

NO Disqualification

Killer Khan/Great Kabuki w/Tojo Yammamoto defeated The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) by COUNT OUT when the champions when about 13 minutes in, Wayne grabbed the mic and said, "Hey Danny, it's no DQ…not no COUNT OUT" Davis rolled out of the ring and they simply walked out with the belts as Tojo, Kabuki, and Khan had a come apart in the ring….after referee Bob Densmore counted out the Nightmares and said the titles couldn't change hands, Khan spewed green mist into Densmore's eyes followed by a savate kick by Kabuki!

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

GRUDGE SIX MAN TAG TEAM REMATCH

The Stud Stable (Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden/'Tn. Stud' Ron Fuller) defeated The Stud Stable (Eddie Gilbert/Tommy Rich/Big John Studd) when 'Tn. Stud' Ron Fuller made Rich submit to the 'Fuller Leglock'

RING ANNOUNCER Rhubarb Jones announces that the main event is next following the intermission and announces once again the participants in the match:

MAIN EVENT

GRUDGE SIX MAN TAG TEAM MATCH

Mr. Olympia

Blackjack Mulligan

Kendall Windham

Vs.

World Champion Austin Idol

"Living Legacy" David Sammartino

Super Olympia

w/"Classy" Freddie Blassie & Teddy Muscles

Freddie Blassie and Teddy Muscles come down and Blassie announces that Bruiser Brody heard what happened last night in Florida where the promotion declared Mr. Olympia the winner by forfeit due to his travel problems. Brody has demanded someone's spot in this match and the UWF World Champion Austin Idol has politely stepped aside and will allow Brody to take his spot in the main event!

MAIN EVENT

GRUDGE SIX MAN TAG TEAM MATCH

Bruiser Brody/Super Olympia/David Sammartino w/Freddie Blassie & Teddy Muscles defeated Mr. Olympia/Blackjack Mulligan/Kendall Windham when Brody pinned Olympia after a piledriver

I really enjoyed that card. I thought the Nightmares acted a bit heelish here by simply walking out. Fun to watch the tide turn on Tojo and clan.

The hooded figure makes an appearance. All HELL is about to break loose I think.

I must say that the Stud Stable feud is interesting as both teams could easily turn face or heel.

Bruiser Brody on the side of Blassie could really give Idol some protection but if you were Idol would you really trust Bruiser? So many interesting ways to play this one.