Some inside baseball on this episode: If it comes off as a bit weird, part of that is because I recorded the intro part last which I haven't ever done. So apologies if I made the same joke in the intro then in the show rundown.
Basically I chose this one because I bought Sunny's book via Kindle after a few beers one night. And the free sample was much better than the rest of the book, as it went into her SMW stuff. The book has a LOT of problems, and not just how depressing it gets for the final quarter or so. Her Montreal screwjob conspiracy theory is so easily disproven by anyone with a long term memory or access to TV/Internet.
They took WWF Mania and made it the Sunny Show for a week and this is what we got:
- A fair-minded look at the career of Tammy Lynn Sytch and her key role in launching the WWF’s online presence
- Shawn Michaels’ run to WrestleMania 12, his connection with Sunny, and the peculiar thing Sunny and Shawn would do back then
- An appreciation of old commercials for bizarre merchandise, and how "limited edition" is something when it is hideous and they made 3,000?
- Ranking the Bret Hart WWF World title reigns from worst to best, excluding the 24 hour one
- Breaking down the Billionaire Ted skits piece by piece, with things that were funny, things that were slanderous, and things that backfired completely
- Taking several minutes to slam JBL as a wrestler, character, broadcaster, and human being in general
- The definition of “diminishing returns”: The Ultimate Warrior’s 1996 run
- Goldust toeing the line of homophobia in Piper’s Pit
- My struggle to find a theme song this week (since no one posts the "WWF Mania Theme") leads to a strangely produced number at the top of the show