Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Extreme Rules 2017

...TG

Card from WWE.com:

• Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins vs. Finn Bálor vs. Bray Wyatt vs. Samoa Joe (Extreme Rules Fatal 5-Way Universal Title No. 1 Contender’s Match)
  • Intercontinental Champion Dean Ambrose vs. The Miz (If Ambrose is disqualified, he will lose the Intercontinental Title)
  • Raw Women’s Champion Alexa Bliss vs. Bayley (Kendo Stick on a Pole Match)
  • Raw Tag Team Champions The Hardy Boyz vs. Cesaro & Sheamus (Steel Cage Match)
  • WWE Cruiserweight Champion Neville vs. Austin Aries (Submission Match)
  • Rich Swann & Sasha Banks vs. Noam Dar & Alicia Fox (Mixed Tag Team Match)
  • Kalisto vs. Apollo Crews

Like Backlash, this doesn't look promising on paper. The main will likely be good as WWE books multi-man matches very well, and if Hardys v Cesaro/Sheamus was half as good as their last PPV match it'll be worth it.

The main is said to be "getting time" and could be tremendous, or just a lackluster TV main event. On paper it's five guys who all have something to prove right now, and it's interesting that not only is this a kayfabe #1 contender's match, it's also a shoot assessment of where RAW's booking is going and of how much variance/novelty they're willing to attempt, if only until Braun returns. A win for Rollins is the dullest option (and a retread of a pairing against Brock that we've already seen in the last two years), but the one that Meltzer thinks most likely, and perhaps if this ends up being a one-and-done defense, it keeps the other four guys from looking weak.

Still, I'd rather have Joe, Bray, or Balor go out and have the biggest match of their respective careers at GBOF - in a performance that makes them look like a sustainable main eventer going forward (a la Styles in the Reigns feud) - than a bad Rollins match for the sake of "protecting" guys whose status won't then improve once Braun and Roman emerge as the next real contenders.

Trying to think is the first time an Extreme Rules show has not had a ladder in it in some way. Of course with Money in the Bank being the next show it makes sense but don't remember that stop them before

I know Nia Jax is a heel but hard to hate here after just destroying Sam Roberts on the pre-show. :D

Meanwhile he and Kalisto are having quite the good match here, but okay.

I thought it was horribly disappointing. Zero chemistry between them. Titus was the star, which I imagine is not what they wanted. (Or maybe they did?) Kalisto had much better matches with Ryback on pre-shows a year or two ago. Apollo can't be classified as anything other than a massive failure at this point. Nothing they've done with him has worked. It still boggles my mind that he was ever called up from NXT when he couldn't even connect with the Full Sail "THIS IS AWESOME!" crowd.

Well given that Crews and Kalisto has had dozens of matches together in previous namesakes, there is no hope at all for Apollo if this match sucked.

It wasn't Kennel from Hell or anything, but I expected a lot more. Maybe that's unfair for a pre-show, but I've seen other really good pre-show matches. This one was "just there" IMO.

Seth might not be the worst choice, I wouldn't want to see someone fresh to the main event mix like Joe or Finn to get a one and done program with Brock (since the plan seems to be to go right back to Braun when he returns). Those guys, especially Joe, deserve better than that.

Wyatt seems like a sneaky sure thing to keep him strong. All the other guys feel like theyre in strong enough positions that they won't lose any upward momentum with a loss. I can't see Wyatt losing the belt, then coming to Raw and treading water for long.

Well that was a really good match I think we can all agree :). Ambrose kept his annoying bullshit to a minimum and Miz's amazing run continues. Crowd was hot, but interesting that cheers were 50/50. Usually Miz gets consistent heel heat.

Bayley getting serious boos. Well that is odd. By the way, talking about Wonder Woman and empowerment does nothing to get away from the "little girl in the real world" stigma that the WWE has created

So if you are in your home town but in a tag team, do you automatically lose or does having the person from another place cancel each other out.