Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Extreme Rules 2017

...TG

Vince doesn't want to fuck Bayley. It's as simple as that.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with Bayley consistently regressing since being called up and consistently having bad matches and fucking up her spots, as well as being completely incapable of cutting a promo.

Vince doesn't want to fuck Bayley. It's as simple as that.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with Bayley consistently regressing since being called up and consistently having bad matches and fucking up her spots, as well as being completely incapable of cutting a promo.

Meanwhile Alexa keeps improving at pretty much everything & it feels pretty apparent that they see a lot of Trish Stratus qualities in her.

All the people look so bummed during the crowd shots. They keep cutting to sad people after every heel wins haha. Other than Sasha/Swann this has been a heel dominated show. But the bummed out faces are the best.

Never mind that it was long, why did Aries not win to begin with. The only guy left in that division with even a sliver of chance is Cedric Alexander when he comes back. Maybe Tozawa but not sure.

Did Aries know he was smiling because that made even less sense then him losing. I mean we can't possibly continuing this feud given he lost so many times.

Never mind that it was long, why did Aries not win to begin with. The only guy left in that division with even a sliver of chance is Cedric Alexander when he comes back. Maybe Tozawa but not sure.

Did Aries know he was smiling because that made even less sense then him losing. I mean we can't possibly continuing this feud given he lost so many times.

Based on this tweet from Austin Aries after the PPV, we might have one final match between he & Neville. And it looks like it's gonna be career vs title:

https://twitter.com/AustinAries/status/871549091477684224

The irony of all the people complaining about how Raw ruined Bayley's character, so they brought her back to her NXT characterization of not having that extra gear to get mean when she needs to and it costing her the match, and now people are complaining THAT ruined her.

This is straight up the angle that led her to the title in NXT. It even started with her being made fun of for being a wrestling nerd, then that she wasn't mean enough to get the job done. After weeks of struggling with it, she finally got mean and beat Charlotte, Becky, and Sasha all in a row. It was only 2 years ago and people are acting like they completely forgot what made Bayley so popular in the first place. Now they're going to it and people are bitching she's being buried or made to look like an idiot. Her character IS an idiot. It always has been. She's a dumb loser who happens to be lovable and is capable of being great but often isn't because she's too nice. The match with Alexa is PERFECTLY in line with her character, the one people have been wanting since she got called up. Bayley: Dominant champion is the complete antithesis of her character.

Nevermind that all the 50/50 booking complaints apparently are just bitching to bitch, because a heel won twice (clean, which is another complaint that heels always have to cheat to win) and people are mad at that, too.

I enjoyed the show. Nothing blow away but I'd say it met my expectations which seemed higher than most on here. Miz/Ambrose was shockingly good and the 2nd best match. I've probably only seen a handful of Miz matches ever and he seems pretty passable now, doesn't seem unworthy of his spot. I really like the characterizations of Bayley & Alexa but the match wasn't good. I was actually surprised Meltzer agreed as lots seemed to like their last match better than I did. Tag match I thought had a creative finish but thought the match was just average. I enjoyed Neville/Aries. Main event was excellent. I was quite surprised Joe won. I figured they would go with Bray or Rollins since those guys vs. Brock wouldn't be "giving away a money match". I figured if they ever did Joe vs. Brock it would be a longer build. At least it should be the focus of the show though as it should be. So they've got me thru that show at least.

I thought all the matches were booked toward their stips which made sense psychologically (and was a pleasant surprise) but on the other hand I thought all the matches would have been better without the stip. One thing I've noticed in watching this, part of Backlash, and most of Payback is that WWE seems to be presenting the right mix of workrate, characterization & story. The selfish me is a bit disappointed that it seems to be a rarity that many matches get above the *** level but then I think that's just me being pretentious because the story is such that as long as the work is "good enough" why would I want people to risk self-preservation for "better" matches. It seems the fanbase at the shows is happy with it so they must be doing it right.

A couple minor network complaints (and I've only had it for a couple months so maybe these are known issues):

> Is the pre-show only available live? I FF'ed up to the Kalisto match to watch later & the show was just gone.

> Is there no "resume" option for live shows? My feed froze at some point & my only options were start from the beginning & FF or watch live.

A couple minor network complaints (and I've only had it for a couple months so maybe these are known issues):

> Is the pre-show only available live? I FF'ed up to the Kalisto match to watch later & the show was just gone.

> Is there no "resume" option for live shows? My feed froze at some point & my only options were start from the beginning & FF or watch live.

The pre-show is a separate program, which might have caused that weirdness in being able to resume. It should be available on demand afterwards, though.

I always hated the term 'freakin' when used in pro wrestling. Its so corny and comes off as a 1st grade school teacher saying 'freakin' and the class going "oooohh!". Its the pissy corporate way of conveying being 'extreme' or 'serious' in some way but not TOO serious and ensuring to keep with decorum. I can understand if someone says it once (and only once) while in conversation, but as a nickname? No bueno.

Bayley was going to hit Alexa with the kendo stick Alexa just stopped her before she could. She looked like a chump who got squashed out.

Kurt and Alexa said she couldn't get extreme. Bayley said she wasn't there to hurt anyone. Then she hesitated and paid for it. It was inline with the story and her character.

Kurt and Alexa said she couldn't get extreme. Bayley said she wasn't there to hurt anyone. Then she hesitated and paid for it. It was inline with the story and her character.

Yeah, Bayley doesn't want to hurt Alexa. She still did a fucking backdrop suplex on the floor. How's that for not hurting anyone ? I mean, ok, I get it, character work, storyline, yaddi yadi yadda. But even with the storyline of Bayley not wanting to use the stick, you can work an actual good and interesting match around that. There Bayley basically got squashed. It's no news that these people have jackshit notion about pushing a babyface. Or they believe they actually got Daniel Bryan over, who knows...

Ok, gimme Alexa vs Sasha now.

The guys in the main event have some bad nicknames going on: "The Kingslayer" (I suppose because he beat "The King of Kings"?), "The Architect" (this one I don't get at all), "Seth freakin' Rollins", "The New Face of Fear", "The Roman Empire"

This made me think of your post. :D

KayfabeNews.com: Rollins’ parents insist his middle name is Todd, not Freakin’