Pro Wrestling Only

AWA Results for June 1985

rainmakerrtv

I thought that move might be a bit ahead of the time, but I figured since Superfly had already gone off the top of the cage, this wouldn't be too much of a leap (tee hee).

Oh yeah, I don't think it's too far ahead at all - especially considering OMG is the dude catching him. Actually probably a bit safer than the Superfly leap.

One thing I've loved as I've read your AWA from basically the start is how well you cycle in and out guys, never really making you feel like anybody is more than the promotion. I mean, in RL, losing Hogan & The Roadies basically were the killing blow to the AWA, but after a few weeks, you'd basically reloaded here.

On to the actual shows - TV

Brickhouse & Koko were always going to be kind of a short term team as they don't really gel aside from their melanin similarities.

British Steel is just a cool name for a tag team. Good amtch as well.

Foley shouldn't be winning too many matches, but this part of his career may be his alt-Memphis where he first start getting a push.

Wiskowski is kind of falling down the card a bit, but he should job to somebody like Martel at this point.

Perez winning the Southern title is the perfect pin to my point from earlier. Perez was basically a faceless lower midcard guy and in just a couple of months, if that, you've turned him into probably the #3 or #4 face in the company.

Fun main event without a real finish to sell the big show.

Winnipeg -

Both the the opening tag matches went the way they should've. I expect Hennig to be at a much higher point than the 2nd match on the show by the end of the year to be honest, but Rose & Somers might be nearing the end of their run in the AWA.

Great stuff with the elimination match, as The British Bulldogs are the stars here and get ther strong win.

Awesome way to close out Gang's run, and hopefully, he'll be used just as great wherever he goes. Same thing with Orndorff beating Rude. Only real question is who steps up as the new top heels.