Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Money In The Bank 2017

Jmare007

Is anyone watching WWE weekly TV anymore in this place? There hasn't been a thread for it in like 3 weeks :lol: I've barely watched anything besides PPVs after Mania and the last few weeks I haven't even bothered reading what's up. Was kinda surprised seeing on twitter this Sunday is the MITB show.

Card so far is

1) The Usos (Jey and Jimmy Uso) © vs. The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston, and/or Xavier Woods) - WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship

2) Kevin Owens vs. AJ Styles vs. Baron Corbin vs. Sami Zayn vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Shinsuke Nakamura - Money in the Bank ladder match for a WWE Championship match contract

3) Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Natalya vs. Tamina vs. Carmella (with James Ellsworth) - Money in the Bank ladder match for a WWE SmackDown Women's Championship match contract

4) Naomi © vs. Lana - WWE SmackDown Women's Championship

5) Jinder Mahal © (with The Singh Brothers) vs. Randy Orton - WWE Championship

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone watching WWE weekly TV anymore in this place?

Not me. I watch NJPW & WWE PPVs & NXT Takeover. That's pretty much it for new stuff. Oh, if they do UK stuff on the Network, I watch that too. I mostly get my wrestling fix from that stuff & old (mostly WCW) PPVs. I just can't do RAW & Smackdown anymore & haven't for a few months now. They catch you up with video packages of everything they deem important anyway. I have lost all interest in Independent promotions like ROH.

Wait, again ? This is ridiculous.

Never cared for the MITB gimmick it has jumped the shark a long time ago. Mostly can't stand the matches too, as it's usually a bunch of ladder stunts. That being said, with AJ and Sami involved, maybe we can get something. I have no idea what a guy like Nak can do in this setting. Corbin, I guess you can climb on him. He's about as charismatic as a ladder too.

The women's match. Well, just what the division needed, someone carrying a briefcase. Why can't they just have a good solid single feud between Charlotte & Becky ? This willl probably be not too good.

Lana. Wait, LANA ? Well, that's something I'm gonna watch, with morbid curiosity I guess.

The two bookends matches are dull as all hell.

A gimmicked sub In Your House PPV every three weeks is not the way to go.

Product feels pretty cold right now. No buzz. I think they've been mostly phoning it in since Mania. Probably going to start building things up for the summer season starting Monday, so you would think things will become more interesting. Hopefully

Idk it feels like there's been more interesting shit going on in the past 2 months than the entire road to WM, which might have been the coldest and least interesting I can remember. The build to WM felt like 3 months of build to a show with the title of something like Great Balls of Fire.

This was mentioned by Kris and Devon on one of the reaction shows, but they really need to do a better job of getting guys TV time on the Smackdown side.

Luke Harper has been off TV since Backlash and he was barely on TV leading up to that. Not a good way to gain momentum off of a babyface turn. Same with Erick Rowan and he's just coming off a long injury layoff.

American Alpha has disappeared off the face of the Earth again. They did this before when they won the tag titles and they took the entire tag team division off TV with them.

Mojo Rawley won the Andre Battle Royal then disappeared for weeks. To be fair, it looks like they're finally getting him back in the mix after last night.

What happened to Tye Dillinger?

Not to mention the numerous lower-level guys. And as far as I know, Smackdown has zero C-Show presence so if you're not on the main show, you're out of sight, out of mind.

Start some weekly TV threads if everything is so interesting

1. I have

2. I didn't say everything is so interesting. A lot of it isn't.

I said it feels like the 3 months post-WM have been more interesting than the 3 months of Road to WM.

Despite her only having 3 televised title shots since the draft, it sure feels like Nattie (despite all around stinking) has been hovering around the title for no reason other than for WWE to keep the women busy. Overall The women's MITB is going to be the worse of the two as all WWE multi-person matches turn into one-on-one showcases, but the women usually have the worse transitions. Becky slaps Carmella and this sends Carmella rolling out the ring and holding her jaw for 4 minutes before she gets back in for her shine segment. Hopefully this doesn't lead to EVERYONE rotating finishers and then rushing (all at once) up multiple ladders in order to create 'suspense'. Charlotte winning would be a real waste in creating a real star and taking the division in an interesting direction. Give it to Tamina as it would at least be different and shock the system.

Five second booking idea.

Becky wins MITB.

Because she's a babyface and respects Naomi they set a date in advance for their title match. Summerslam, big deal, put it over.

Keep the tension between the faces and heels as the heels are put out that none of them won the briefcase.

Naomi and Becky go all out and have an epic title match at SS. Late, the heels come out to interfere and ruin it. Charlotte comes out to chase them away only BAM, heel turn, lay the faces out, hurt Becky, Charlotte has her Horsemen, etc.

Charlotte wins the title off Naomi. Can defend against her and Nikki in the fall.

Becky returns fully pissed and goes after the Horsemen, eventually facing Charlotte and beating for the title in glorious babyface revenge.

Anyway I hope nobody dies in MITB.

Five second booking idea.

Becky wins MITB.

Because she's a babyface and respects Naomi they set a date in advance for their title match. Summerslam, big deal, put it over.

Keep the tension between the faces and heels as the heels are put out that none of them won the briefcase.

Naomi and Becky go all out and have an epic title match at SS. Late, the heels come out to interfere and ruin it. Charlotte comes out to chase them away only BAM, heel turn, lay the faces out, hurt Becky, Charlotte has her Horsemen, etc.

Charlotte wins the title off Naomi. Can defend against her and Nikki in the fall.

Becky returns fully pissed and goes after the Horsemen, eventually facing Charlotte and beating for the title in glorious babyface revenge.

Anyway I hope nobody dies in MITB.

I approve this message.

This was mentioned by Kris and Devon on one of the reaction shows, but they really need to do a better job of getting guys TV time on the Smackdown side.

Luke Harper has been off TV since Backlash and he was barely on TV leading up to that. Not a good way to gain momentum off of a babyface turn. Same with Erick Rowan and he's just coming off a long injury layoff.

American Alpha has disappeared off the face of the Earth again. They did this before when they won the tag titles and they took the entire tag team division off TV with them.

Mojo Rawley won the Andre Battle Royal then disappeared for weeks. To be fair, it looks like they're finally getting him back in the mix after last night.

What happened to Tye Dillinger?

Not to mention the numerous lower-level guys. And as far as I know, Smackdown has zero C-Show presence so if you're not on the main show, you're out of sight, out of mind.

Well god forbid they stop giving Dolph Ziggler tons of TV time every week to make time for anyone else. I don't know who on Smackdown has such a giant hard on for Dolph but they need to get the fuck over it or just quit the company already and take Dolph with them.

I'm not a fan of Dolph, but I can sort of see the logic for giving guys in the MITB match TV time before the PPV. After that is where it really drops off. I don't understand why they can't rotate some of these guys in and out on a weekly basis. Those at the Breezango level don't need to be on every week. Every other week switch them out for Harper or Dillinger or whoever. It would go a long way in making these shows not feel like the same thing every week.

One thing they've done well recently is start reviving the tag division that had died a death at the start of the year. Basing the division around the three most charismatic teams, with the Colons included as workhorses, is starting to show results. The Usos especially have been on fire since they won the titles, totally natural and comfortable on the mic, and their match with the New Day could well steal the PPV.

I'm not a fan of Dolph, but I can sort of see the logic for giving guys in the MITB match TV time before the PPV.

The question really is why put him in MITB in the first place? No-one thinks he'll win and he's utterly dreadful.

I kind of hate the MITB as a concept. It was a great idea for a one off, maybe something to do every few years when the timing is right and it can be done organically. Much like the Rumble winner getting the title shot at the biggest card of the year, someone getting such a huge reward for winning such an nontraditional match is just not something I really care for, especially when it is forced into whatever is going on once a year.

That said, I am kind of looking forward to tonight. The mens MITB is stacked with talent and Dolph is the only guy that feels like filler to me. The women's match is booked the way I think MITB should be booked. It felt like it belonged in the women's title picture right now, so I kind of dig it beyond the novelty of it being the first women's MITB.

It should be fairly fun on the whole. I guess I am just not as down on the WWE as bad. Granted, I only watch the hulu versions, nxt, and the occasional 205 live and all kind of in the background... that and i don't expect much from them on a week to week basis, but there has been some stuff to enjoy on both rosters.

The current build for Joe vs Brock has been some of the best shit they've done in long tume.

It is and they put it on Youtube so you can skip everything else that sucks. I wish they weren't wasting this build on a one off title defense.

I am not going to be one bit surprised if they extend it to Summer Slam. It is so easily the hottest thing they have done in a while and far exceeding their expectations in terms of execution and buzz. I know Strowman was the plan and I thought he was really good and had real momentum, but in two weeks Joe has made everyone forget all that. It won't really surprise me either way, but I think they would be dumb to not play the hot hand a little longer.

The women matches are the most intriguing matches for me because it is a complete crap shoot what could happen. I mean not really the results because of what happens. Especially if the odds of what is going to happen in the MITB are true which is baffling

And they are starting the show with the women's MITB

Primo Colon will be at 10 full years on the main roster pretty soon. That kinda boggles my mind.

Alicia Fox has been there 9 years and has never really got a strong push at any time. She looks to be a lifer at this point. Yeah it's amazing what random people last a long time