Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Money In The Bank 2017

Jmare007

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well now we know why this was the 1st match on the show. Man that was embarrassing. If I was the RAW women I would be much more happier

They really should replay the promo video from earlier in the match on Tuesday and then having Ellsworth goofy no chin ass at the end saying something like "Yeah but it takes a real man to win it".

A man decides the winner in the history making first ever women's MITB match. I'm not much for the over the top forced history stuff, but if you're going to do it let the women have their moment. I'm surprised Becky can stay as over as she does while rarely winning anything.

God Damn It... What useless nonsense. I am all for them playing their heels against the understood good of women's wrestling getting these kinds of opportunities and the momentum/respect women have been getting on the whole. Hell, I think that can actually be good for getting the women's divisions over long term and getting legit heat on heels in the short term. But going out of their way to muddy this felt unnecessary and was really unsatisfying. It was even poorly executed for what it was. All the heat goes to Ellsworth. They could have done this in a way where Carmella was the center of attention, even if she sent him up the ladder.

Yep.. Usos are really thriving in this role.

I think calling this a "slap in the face to the women" is the point and will be the focus going forward - as Charlotte, Becky, etc. have a legit babyface gripe that the women's match was "won" by a woman who needed a man to hand her the briefcase.

I usually hate the WWE for their "troll" booking - but this time, it at least has some timely substance beyond "Fans think Jinder is a talentless, walking Wellness Violation so let's have him win the title! That'll really set those redditers off!"

Plus, when you consider the options, you kind of need to give Carmella the briefcase. Tamina, from her work in this match, is still really green and not over at all, Charlotte and Becky are over enough that they don't need the briefcase, and Natalya is like the Women's Division version of Big Show - she's been a face, she's been a heel, she's done serious, she's done comedy - she's a solid hand but is a role player. Carmella with the briefcase at least gives that character relevance for the foreseeable future.